Spike760

Dir en grey

yeah for real how is utafumi decayed crow 2.0?

No idea what to expect from the next slbum, but their lives sound great these days and sukekiyo is all I need. If they just tour and play old stuff I’m good

Kyo's vocal abilities degraded to the level of early 2008 though. His grunts are as unprofessional as they were back then, and he manages to lose some of his voice halfway through even after performing less challenging songs - Undecided ,embryo, and the list goes on.*

They need to make less songs like Utafumi and more of those that Kyo himself can perform. Dum Spiro Spero phase of songwriting might not be over yet based on that aspect alone.

*Just to prove that I am not talking out of my arse:

What happened?

Edited by Alroy

PS. they also need to come up with actually creative choruses.

Revelation, Utafumi, Un deux and all of those latest "A-sides" had only memorable intros and nothing from hooks nor choruses. 

What happened? [2]

3 hours ago, Mamo said:

Since everyone is talking about "Decayed Crow" I figured we might as well talk about the bands latest release of new content that is "Utafumi" aka Decayed Crow 2.0. I don't know about everyone else but I love "Kuukoku no Kyouon (feat. SUGIZO)". And hell I even really like"Revelation of mankind (Remixed by Yusuke Suga)" sounds dubstep to me.

IMHO, The Inferno is Decayed Crow 2.0

EDIT.
Or 0.5....

Edited by EvilHippy

38 minutes ago, Alroy said:

PS. they also need to come up with actually creative choruses.

Revelation, Utafumi, Un deux and all of those latest "A-sides" had only memorable intros and nothing from hooks nor choruses. 

What happened? [2]

Revelation's chorus unmemorable? Now hold on a second there....

18 minutes ago, Dudemanguy said:

Revelation's chorus unmemorable? Now hold on a second there....

It's not something that clicks in the same way like any other classic Diru song does. So yes, it is not memorable at all and you could ask anyone else outside of last.fm, fukkatsu or MH to memorize the song and all they could do is just air-guitar their way through that intro instead.

I could barely hum the chorus  and I have spun Arche for like 5-10 times in a row on almost regular basis when it came out.

Edited by Alroy

3 minutes ago, Alroy said:

It's not something that clicks in the same way like any other classic Diru song does. So yes, it is not memorable at all and you could ask anyone else outside of last.fm, fukkatsu or MH to memorize the song and all they could do is just air-guitar their way through that intro instead.

I could barely hum the chorus  and I have spun Arche for like 5-10 times in a row on almost regular basis when it came out.

The chorus is stuck in my head thanks to this conversation.

I’ll be amazed the day Kyo doesn’t double his vocals for a chorus. 

(No need to point out songs where he doesn’t. He does it more often than not.)

I'll be amazed the day Kyo realizes Die can also back him up if needed for those doubled vocal parts.

To think that even someone who's not really used to singing like Die could have more stamina for such activities than Kyo! And he's not bad either.

Edited by Alroy

2 hours ago, Alroy said:

Kyo's vocal abilities degraded to the level of early 2008 though. His grunts are as unprofessional as they were back then, and he manages to lose some of his voice halfway through even after performing less challenging songs - Undecided ,embryo, and the list goes on.*

They need to make less songs like Utafumi and more of those that Kyo himself can perform. Dum Spiro Spero phase of songwriting might not be over yet based on that aspect alone.

*Just to prove that I am not talking out of my arse:

What happened?

He sounds good to me? I don't understand what you're referring to

51 minutes ago, Saishu said:

That song is hardly a showcase for flexing one’s vocal muscle. Die sounds fine, but there isn’t much range there. 

He could work fine with middle range vocal parts that most Diru songs provide? Unraveling as an example of my point requires someone to deal with those middle-range sections so that Kyo could carry on with meow-meowing his bridge lyrics.

But hey, do you really think Kyo alone there would somehow represent Diru well if we allow him to struggle while performing his bazillion vocal tracks and messing up as a result? Mind that aside from some band assistance he still needs a vocal coach, since he is prone to ruining his own cords again. Tatsurou from MUCC went through such process and look at him now: he knows when it is okay to go for highs and back to lows and so on. Why couldn't Kyo do that?

I really hope I will not be bombarded by angry remarks from some dedicated fans if I mention "Kyo" and "vocal coach" in one sentence. Really unpopular opinion, but it is their only opportunity to prove Kyo's worth here.

Edited by Alroy

56 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

"fukkatsu" means "revival" and such

it also appears to be a vkei board, but what I found is a bot-infested inactive board, so dunno

LMAO maybe it was @Alroy's former stopping ground.

4 hours ago, Mamo said:

Dafuq is fukkatsu?

Fukkatsu was a forum started by Dir en grey fans because Batsu, another forum, was dying. 

The community (most of which were friends) migrated over to the free board fukkatsu, and it eventually died because people lost interest. 

I am still close friends with one of the two admins and they’ve completely abandoned the site. 

At the end of its life the forum started getting bombarded with adds, and everyone was too lazy to invest time into it, so it disappeared into the abyss. 

Edited by geist
lazy