The Piass

バラライカ(Balalaika) will disband

23 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Wow, I thought they were doing so well. Guess i was wrong...

Bands that are doing well disband too. Happens all the time. Could be either way.

First, THE BLACK SWAN, now this one, seriously you've got to be kidding me they only started last year, but i guess t3b can do a revival.

The 3rd Birthday was better to me (and I also liked Amber Bullet more) but it's a bad news yeah.

They are doing the O-WEST and then they will disband ?! What a shame !

I hope L will continue musical activities as a vocalist

I enjoyed T3B well enough but try as I might I couldn't get into Balalaika, despite picking up all their releases, including the mail-order version of The Mince. While it's a shame that they're disbanding, I can't say I'm too surprised.

Also looks like I timed it well selling their stuff on Mercari lol

I know whenever I went to see them they didn’t have a ton of fans. 

Still miserable over the news. I’ve been so lucky with the bands I’ve been following up until now, but this makes the fourth band in a year I really liked either breaking up or going on hiatus this year. I was really hoping to follow them more closely now, but can’t be helped, I guess. Hope they don’t vanish from the scene at least.

-pretends to be surprised-

as usual people were under the impression that they were doing well but they were huge flops lol, their o-west thing was such a disaster they lowered the cost to get more people in, then did paired free tickets (if my memory serves me right) and still couldn't pack the venue. that being said, 3rd birthday weren't popular either--for some reason they were really loved in the west but their following was uh...niche.

you don't need to be a businessman to know that all the money shimizuya invested in them was more or less going nowhere.

Edited by emmny

Can't say I'm surprised, it seemed theyr following was pretty much western. 
I could never really get into them for some reason, though L has a really nice voice. I hope he continues to sing somewhere else.

52 minutes ago, frayed said:

So how many bands does this label still even have?

balalaika weren't officially on shimizuya, but a really obvious offshoot (i.e. ains to madwink) so im counting them. aside from them, only ramiel will be alive after balalaika and sibilebashir call it quits.

Edited by emmny

16 minutes ago, emmny said:

balalaika weren't officially on shimizuya, but a really obvious offshoot (i.e. ains to madwink) so im counting them. aside from them, only ramiel will be alive after balalaika and sibilebashir call it quits.

Is Iggy on that label too? (I actually have no idea but my girlfriend thinks they are)