Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

1 hour ago, saishuu said:

stan raku x gaki

I was going to laugh but then remembeted RakuxGaki actually surprised me a bit for good with their lastest release.

Anyway, hope Dimlim goes fine.

Edited by saiko

Looks a bit bleak for the band. It does seem weird they are still pushing so much without a complete lineup, cool that they are trying to make do given the situation but seriously they need to get it together and become a solid unit again. ORRRR they can just call it quits and Retsu can do his own solo project called "DIMLIM2" and just do the music on the side of his job as a salary man. Or, 3rd option, they can wait until summer 2020 when I hopefully will be moving to Japan (fingers crossed!) and I can join them as second guitarist OR bassist OR BOTH and help pull them out of their slump. lol.

I love this band and I really hope the album is a killer - but I echo the sentiments that continuing on with this half-lineup is a big cause for concern. How old is Retsu? Mid-20s, maybe? Just browsing his social media definitely makes me feel like he's going through that thing that all creative types tend to go through where you just...outwardly reject whatever it is you think people want you to do. From the dropping of visuals to not filling out the lineup to what seems to be a lot of over-promising for things that just don't seem possible (they announced another full length literally like...MONTHS before RELEASE?? REALLY??), this is the stuff that ends bands. And I really hope that's not the case here, I really want them to pull it through, but I don't think they can do that as a three piece.

54 minutes ago, nomemorial said:

I really want them to pull it through, but I don't think they can do that as a three piece.

I second this. I don’t feel their music is what a band of just three people can pull off in a live environment, and I believe others on the forum agree with this 

I honestly hope they get at least a new bassist. They already sounded a bit sloppy as a 5 piece band IMO, I can´t imagine how the sound currently as a 3 piece since their music is so layered I can hardly imagine just 3 people being able to play it without having to use some shitty computer backing track or something like that.

I´m looking forward to their next album, let´s just hope it doesn´t get the same treatment as Tomurai

I think they just don't know what to do. Ever since they realized that they were in this position they probably started to rely on Retsu to pull all the strings more than usual and he probably is just as lost as them in this situation. All of the decisions they're making are so sporadic, like when they dropped their visuals it just seemed like some sort of desperate last effort attempt at trying to appeal towards western fans or something. All they have to do is focus on getting new members and then take some time with the album.

It's a slow yet sure and unfortunate decline that I don't see them recovering from.

Duwang is not going to feed your delusions about DMLM rising like a Phoenix, they aren’t gonna reply. 

They were at the same live as I and the thoughts I posted were shared after discussing our impressions.

this is where @DIMLIM surprise us with either a hiatus notice postponing the entire album release or two members joining on a short notice rush-finalizing the record or disband decision and none of those actually surprises anyone x

I don't really think the album not coming out would be anything to do with the (lack of) lineup.  One guitarist can easily record multiple guitar parts and a bassline. If it boils down to anything it'd be a business decision. But that said, for live, 100% need to get a proper band together unless you're meant to be a joke band. Which from what I can gather, Retsu at least does take it very seriously so.... 😛

2 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Duwang is not going to feed your delusions about DMLM rising like a Phoenix, they aren’t gonna reply. 

They were at the same live as I and the thoughts I posted were shared after discussing our impressions.

I think there's barely anyone left with those delusions in here

4 hours ago, platy said:

Is this where @Duwang shows up and gives some insider perspective and turns out we're all making a big deal over nothing

“Barely anyone left with those delusions” 🤷🏻‍♀️

5 hours ago, anadentone said:

dimlim can go as a 3 member band, it worked for Gotcharocka . Oddly, I get them and deviloof mixed up :( 

Gotcharocka has support members on stage. They have never performed as a 3man unit (they clearly aren’t dumb).

3 member bands can work, but you gotta have a bass at least. And it doesn't have to be a full on bass guitar, an octaver pedal will work just fine (that's what the White Stripes do), but it has to be something to provide some kind of low-end, because just guitar and drums sounds horrible.

Even a pre-recorded bass and rhythm guitar could work, but no amount of filler will change the fact that the band doesn't even have any energy live anymore.

3 minutes ago, Himeaimichu said:

no amount of filler will change the fact that the band doesn't even have any energy live anymore.

This seems to be the problem for what I can gather, is that the live shows are just dead. If they used all the backings and still put on an awesome and fun show for everyone there probably wouldn't be so much of an issue. (talking from experience here) But seems they're highly lacking in putting on a show that's enjoyable to watch and apparently just seems like they don't really care anymore and are just going through the motions which is sad to see considering how much promise they had some time back.

9 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

This seems to be the problem for what I can gather, is that the live shows are just dead. If they used all the backings and still put on an awesome and fun show for everyone there probably wouldn't be so much of an issue. (talking from experience here) But seems they're highly lacking in putting on a show that's enjoyable to watch and apparently just seems like they don't really care anymore and are just going through the motions which is sad to see considering how much promise they had some time back.

This is exactly the impression they are giving and why I walked out. It wasn’t bad musically, it was just a completely lifeless performance.