Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

51 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

I'm glad I haven't MIST any updates to this thread because it really is Funny world in here.

Well the VARIOUS topics do keep things pretty entertaining but some of it makes me pretty MAD, K. Sometimes it just fills me with REGRET having checked the thread to begin with.

I only have one thing to say: "Lil Peep fucked DIMLIM" HAHAHA 😅

Joking apart...

Well, I agree with the fans who are disappointed with the band because they are being blocked by Retsu (or whoever) just because they are expressing their opinion about the current DIMLIM.  In fact, blocking a fan for giving an opinion, or expressing some kind of feeling, even if it is "negative", is not at all democratic, don't you think?  How he wants to win over audiences if he disregards the opinion of the old public that is contrary to MISC.  - I tell him (Retsu) because he has a history of blocking everyone with adverse opinions to him.  He did this when he still had his official Twitter profile (or there is, I don't care, I don't follow him anymore).

Conclusion:

Did they want to leave visua kei?  OK.
 Did you jump from metalcore to mathrock?  OK.
 However I, like a fucking fan, have every right to feel SAD and DISSAPOINTED about it.  As long as I'm not offending or attacking him, and he blocks me out of being sad, he's YES being a son of a bitch asshole.

I love Sho, he is my favorite artist at the moment, EVERYTHING about him matters to me.  The thing I'm going to miss most is going to have that anxiety to see how his next look will be.  To know the way in which he will express the feeling of the lyrics of the current release with the new look (like when he did it on Rijin).

Visual kei is that, art being expressed beyond composition.  Retsu "trivialized" it all by calling it "makeup".
 VK goes beyond bangyas doing furi, and unfortunately, it's a shame that he didn't dig it, but I respect it.  😕

I am also grateful to him, for being one of the main minds in creating one of the best albums I have ever heard, CHEDOARA.  I sincerely hope that he is not an asshole as almost everyone supposes here.

2 hours ago, hyuugaxxx said:

I only have one thing to say: "Lil Peep fucked DIMLIM" HAHAHA 😅

COVID did it's part too 😷

Eventually they're going to have to ask themselves if they're happy making the type of music they are as DIMLIM. They had to at least once before when they decided what MISC would sound like. There's just so little left in terms of a cohesive style and it's harder to accept when the band's leader applies a strict "love-it-or-leave-it" policy to their fans. I think they're all talented (Sho and Hiroshi more than Retsu, personally) and I'd hate to see them in this state for much longer.

Do Sho and Hiroshi even have a small amount of creative power when it comes to the way the DIMLIM is being promoted, or do they even care about how DIMLIM is being promoted? I know that Retsu is the person who is basically morphing the band into what he wants it to be, but to me it feels like the other two members just want to play music and don't really care about how their band is viewed. I mean surely they must have come up to Retsu at some point and said to him,"Hey. This is ridiculous. How do you think this is going to benefit us?"

On 12/22/2020 at 6:24 PM, hyuugaxxx said:

VK goes beyond bangyas doing furi, and unfortunately, it's a shame that he didn't dig it, but I respect it.  😕

I can't even lie, I do think furi is pretty cringe. When I've been to shows and that it is nice to see people having a nice time and joining in "together" and whatnot. But personally I feel that music should be experienced personally and not collectively, in other words, I feel people should express themselves at shows in their own ways rather than waving their arms in unison in triangle shapes or running from one side of the room to the other like a failed game of bulldog. lol.

I said the same thing about Nocturnal Bloodlust in another thread about fan division, it's not at all surprising when a band changes style so dramatically that they lose fans or gain new ones as essentially it's like listening to a completely different band, probably a band playing a style you wouldn't normally listen to or enjoy....

When I say that Lil Peep fucked DIMLIM.  I mean, since when Retsu started expressing his taste for this artist, and started to get into a "sab boy trapper" vibe, DIMLIM itself started to change.

Well ... VK inspires me, VK makes me cry, VK saved me.  (Only artistically, because I don’t wear makeup or anything).  😅

For all that I said above, I confess that it makes me too sad with the change of the band in general.  For DIMLIM FOR ME was the embodiment of everything I loved.  It was my FAVORITE BAND, the band that made me have all my SKIN EMOTIONS, what a bonus was VISUAL KEI, my favorite expression of art.

Damn, I remember the first time I heard CHEDOARA ... damn, that feeling WAS MAGIC!
 I remember washing dishes when I heard them (lol) and when I heard the first note of GROTESQUE it was as if everything around me made sense, tears came out of my eyes.  I had a soul in that ... it was a special moment for me.  I feel that with this change, I will not feel it anymore.

Because with MISC.  when I fucking first heard it, it was the opposite of my feelings about the first album.  I was so sad and frustrated, I watched my favorite band fall apart in front of me.
 Today I already accept MISC better, it is the album that I hear the most, not because it is my favorite, but because if I listen to others and I get sad and depressed, then that's what I have left to hear Sho sing.

Anyway, whether this change is Retsu's ego or not, I don't know.  But as a fan I was so fucking offended by the lyrics of "What's up?"  it was like a punch in the face.  (but already passed)

Sho remains my favorite vocalist, I hope he never stops singing.  If I look at them nowadays, it's only for Sho.

Probably one of the best threads I have seen over the years whilst anonymously lurking here. 

I tip my proverbial hat to DAMLAM and LETS for lighting a spark in VK, both on the music side (kinda lol) and most important the ESSENCE side. 2021 is going to make or break DIMLIM.

I wished my first post here would be of more significance. The news that MH is closing down made things discouraging, but there is still time for some more ESSENCE posting.

I'm gonna miss this ESSCENCE posting so much

On 12/22/2020 at 12:24 PM, hyuugaxxx said:

Lil Peep fucked DIMLIM

And I agree soooo much with this. Letsu is like a 14 years old "This is not a phase, it's the real me!" I wonder if he knows that you can like multiple generes at the same time and implement them to your music to create something cool. Instead of "ugh metal sucks now, I've cHanGeD sO MuCh". 

I liked Misc. anyway lol