Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

when vk bands lose a composer they typically never re-issue whatever that person has created for them in the same shape and form, and oftentimes won't play same songs live.

I don't see them re-arranging various era songs and releasing them as covers given their cReAtIvE『 ≠ 』dIfFeReNcEs and the overall comatose state either.

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

Which is a shame really, because those Issei songs would sound a lot better with their current mixing and Hiroshi’s classier drumming. 

Really? I love Isseis savage drumming style. :P But yeah I'm pretty sure none of this stuff is going to be repressed so looks like we gotta keep an eye on the second hand stores for extremely over priced copies. I understand the concerns with second hand stuff but in my experience, a lot of second hand stuff from Japan is always in pretty damn good condition, if not nearly brand new the "damage" is extremely minor and wont really be a cause for concern. Also I've never received anything that didn't work properly so I'd say you're pretty safe getting second hand cds generally.

2 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Really? I love Isseis savage drumming style. :P But yeah I'm pretty sure none of this stuff is going to be repressed so looks like we gotta keep an eye on the second hand stores for extremely over priced copies. I understand the concerns with second hand stuff but in my experience, a lot of second hand stuff from Japan is always in pretty damn good condition, if not nearly brand new the "damage" is extremely minor and wont really be a cause for concern. Also I've never received anything that didn't work properly so I'd say you're pretty safe getting second hand cds generally.

The band did try to re-release it. It was also supposed to be the complete Various.Or it just sold out real quick, but the longsleeve shirt that sold out is still on the site, just tagged as soldout,while Various disappeared from the site. 

43 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

The band did try to re-release it. It was also supposed to be the complete Various.Or it just sold out real quick, but the longsleeve shirt that sold out is still on the site, just tagged as soldout,while Various disappeared from the site. 

Please stop saying stuff like this like you have any idea what you are talking about. You assume so much and you are always, and I do mean always, wrong. 

If you want Various, find it on second hand sites.

2 hours ago, Tinseldistress said:

Please stop saying stuff like this like you have any idea what you are talking about. You assume so much and you are always, and I do mean always, wrong. 

Got to second this. Haha. As has been said previously it is extremely unusual for smaller vkei bands to re-release/repress anything, ESPECIALLY if those releases feature members who are no longer in the band. + Considering after Issei left they've gone in a pretty different direction, later almost denying various and anything pre cheddar existed why would they re-release it??? + I never saw ANYTHING about that ANYWHERE so even if it was a thing it was probably a sketchy bootleg or something. + As for it "selling out really quick" I've never seen this album, again, ANYWHERE, so my hunch is that it doesn't exist. ROFLCOPTER.

Edited by Kabukichoatmidnight

7 hours ago, Tinseldistress said:

You didn't see it on Dimer? I saw it and someone on this thread did confirm he/she saw it on the site.

Wikipedia also mentions about the complete Various re-release. How the heck you missed the news?I wasn't even a member here when it was being discussed last May lol. 

Edited by zerozeroninex

On 5/1/2020 at 9:00 PM, sleepy coffee said:

Chedoara, rijin, and various are listed on the webshop currently so I imagine those will be the ones but we'll see what is available for international shipping 

For those that missed the discussion before Various disappeared from the site. Refer to page 33 of this thread .Always wrong lol.... I guessed someone missed the news lol. 

Sorry sleepy coffee, I just wanted to point out to an angry fan that Various was listed on Dimer. 

Edited by zerozeroninex

2 hours ago, zerozeroninex said:

Sorry sleepy coffee, I just wanted to point out to an angry fan that Various was listed on Dimer. 

First of all, I am not an "angry fan" but whatever.

I have no issue with you thinking you know everything about the band because you send one-sided DMs to Retsu. Be my guest. I was just trying to correct you because you say wrong stuff and then people may believe it and be disappointed when they find out it's wrong. Like you thinking Retsu is currently in New York signing a record deal. /facepalm

So, the issue here is, I'm not sure if you know....Wikipedia is not an encyclopedia, it is not taken as fact. It often has errors because it is written and edited by regular people. I humored you and I went and looked at this mythical re-release of Various that was never announced, AFTER the band decided to wipe their Youtube of any trace of its PVs. Wikipedia does state there was a re-release of the album with all tracks on Dimer, however when you go to the archived version of the Dimer link they cite, https://web.archive.org/web/20200726190344/https://dimer-tokyo.com/items/5e86add62a9a4236a3ca1f4d , you can clearly see the track list for the album that was listed is the same track list as the live limited release, NOT some re-release with "all the tracks" as stated in the same Wikipedia article. It's not even the track list for either of the versions that were for sale regularly, but the live limited version (aka NOT a re-release). My guess is that either they listed it by mistake and took it down, or had a few copies leftover they wanted to clear and took down the link as soon as they sold.

AS I SAID, this album has never been re-released. It's fine to be wrong but to be this hard-headed is just UGH. I stand by my statement, you are wrong about everything. It's not a personal attack.

ETA: I went ahead and made a friggin Wiki account to delete the inaccurate and misleading info about a re-release. You are welcome.

Edited by Tinseldistress

1 hour ago, zerozeroninex said:

You didn't see it on Dimer? I saw it and someone on this thread did confirm he/she saw it on the site.

Pretty sure those were leftover copies they never sold at buppan. For the longest time they had like 10 copies of various and 2-3 copies of The Silent Song collecting dust because all their fans already bought copies and they very rarely got new people going.

I can say with confidence that they're not going to rerelease Various. They removed it from their discography because they want to erase their past. It's not like they even play those songs anymore. Last time they played anything pre-Chedoara was June 2019 where they played Innocent Passion, and the last time they played anything from Various was at their twoman with Deviloof in April 2019 where they played Joudo no Hana. Even at that point they mostly only played songs from Chedoara. 

You're still pretty new to this site and I erased a lot of my old posts so you probably don't know but I used to go to most of Dimlim's lives in 2018 and 2019 and share a lot of info here  since the band sucks at using social media.

(I don't follow them anymore so don't ask me what they're up to now. )

4 hours ago, Tinseldistress said:

First of all, I am not an "angry fan" but whatever.

I have no issue with you thinking you know everything about the band because you send one-sided DMs to Retsu. Be my guest. I was just trying to correct you because you say wrong stuff and then people may believe it and be disappointed when they find out it's wrong. Like you thinking Retsu is currently in New York signing a record deal. /facepalm

So, the issue here is, I'm not sure if you know....Wikipedia is not an encyclopedia, it is not taken as fact. It often has errors because it is written and edited by regular people. I humored you and I went and looked at this mythical re-release of Various that was never announced, AFTER the band decided to wipe their Youtube of any trace of its PVs. Wikipedia does state there was a re-release of the album with all tracks on Dimer, however when you go to the archived version of the Dimer link they cite, https://web.archive.org/web/20200726190344/https://dimer-tokyo.com/items/5e86add62a9a4236a3ca1f4d , you can clearly see the track list for the album that was listed is the same track list as the live limited release, NOT some re-release with "all the tracks" as stated in the same Wikipedia article. It's not even the track list for either of the versions that were for sale regularly, but the live limited version (aka NOT a re-release). My guess is that either they listed it by mistake and took it down, or had a few copies leftover they wanted to clear and took down the link as soon as they sold.

AS I SAID, this album has never been re-released. It's fine to be wrong but to be this hard-headed is just UGH. I stand by my statement, you are wrong about everything. It's not a personal attack.

ETA: I went ahead and made a friggin Wiki account to delete the inaccurate and misleading info about a re-release. You are welcome.

You seem to be really angry to me. Anyway I'm confused who to believe, the person who created their Wiki page or you. While Wikipedia is an all access, it's heavily edited by, well editors lol. So I'll wait if what you deleted gets written back up since no editor removed the complete Various edition for months, while the main entry of the band got edited a couple of times in the same time frame. 

Btw, I did go by the Wiki article, because Various disappeared before I remembered to check the tracklist. But how did you unearth the listing even after it got deleted? 

Edited by zerozeroninex

I thought this retsu hating bandwagon was mostly for memes, I guess not lul

I still have high hopes for them tbh, looking forward to see how they develop what they started in MISC, which I still treat as a pretty nice unpolished demo of sorts

Edited by chemicalpictures

22 minutes ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

guys, stop jumping on everything zero says. some of this is getting mean

What the cheesy freak said.

Let's keep any personal dislikes towards others out of the thread. Lets has divided us enough already.

People who are new in the community are still learning the ropes, try a little patience 😅

33 minutes ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

guys, stop jumping on everything zero says. some of this is getting mean

If you are talking about my last post, I was not being mean, I posted facts and explained why their statement was wrong. There are several other incorrect things they have stated in this thread  but I wasn't going to quote and discredit every single one because that would seem targetted. At the same time, when one person is continually stating things as fact that are wrong, continually correcting them (with source) is not picking on them, it's just correcting misinformation. If they stated "I think, but I'm not sure" it wouldn't be the same. If someone is going to state that a band definitely released something you know they didn't and even make fun of you for "not knowing about it" I don't see the harm in pointing out that it didn't happen. Again, didn't want others wasting their time looking for something that doesn't exist.

The only post I made that could be considered mean was my first post and I deleted it a few hours after posting it because I saw it didn't help and that they weren't going to change their behavior. The only reason it lives on is because zero quoted the entire thing; I can't delete that- they are free to do so if they want. I'm sorry you found my post mean. Hopefully someone found it helpful.