Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

3 minutes ago, Karma’s Hat said:

I like this band. It's just beyond salvageable at this point unless the members have a day job to finance it.

And as far as I've heard in Japan, they do not.

Just now, Komorebi said:

Jmetal girl bands are a different scene, we are talking VK/Male jrock here. Don't derail this to your convinience.

You said Jrock bands always go to Brazil.You didn't mention you only meant male or just vk bands lol. 

1 minute ago, Komorebi said:

And as far as I've heard in Japan, they do not.

How the heck can they afford a rehearsal studio right now?And how can Retsu afford to go to nyc, if they don't have jobs, unless that tunecore money is flowing? Or Retsu is a rich kid who's been financing the band since they started out and how,as others alleged, he managed to kick Issei out of the band ,when Retsu is a nobody compared to D.I.D Issei. 

6 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

How the heck can they afford a rehearsal studio right now?And how can Retsu afford to go to nyc, if they don't have jobs, unless that tunecore money is flowing? Or Retsu is a rich kid who's been financing the band since they started out and how,as others alleged, he managed to kick Issei out of the band ,when Retsu is a nobody compared to D.I.D Issei. 

it's called sugar daddy, look it up

14 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

Sugar Mamas, at least Retsu and Sho have a couple.

Edited by Komorebi

I remember how hyped everyone was when Dimlim dropped those three singles from Chedoara in the summer of 2018. There was genuine excitement that they were coming back so strong after Issei’s departure. That’s why the current state of the band is so sad considering they crashed and burned in just over a year after Chedoara released. 

Granted not being able to tour behind MISC doesn’t help matters, but the thing is even the release of MISC was anemic. The band has no idea how to promote themselves. 

People in the thread don't hate dimlim, we want them to succeed because they showed some of the strongest potential we'd seen around in a stale scene. 

People are salty because dimlim are shooting themselves in the foot and fucking up what could've been fantastic for fans, the band and vk

On 11/9/2020 at 5:59 AM, platy said:

People in the thread don't hate dimlim, we want them to succeed because they showed some of the strongest potential we'd seen around in a stale scene. 

People are salty because dimlim are shooting themselves in the foot and fucking up what could've been fantastic for fans, the band and vk

From what I mentioned it's high possible that Retsu, Sho and maybe even Hiroshi got dissilussioned with the vk scene. Reading their JaME interview it just wasn't Retsu who wanted the style change like some fans are insisting.Could be the main reason Ryuya and Taishi left (or got kicked out), the remaining 3 members wanted out of the scene and wanted to change their style,and they have every right to do so as it's their band. 

Edited by zerozeroninex

I obviously can't speak for everyone but I don't think the change in style is why most people here are criticizing them.  Sure, not everyone was happy about their new sound and lack of makeup, but if they genuinely wanted to do something else than I ain't mad at them for doing it. 

The problem for me is that when I think about Dimlim (Retsu aside) the most recent thing I can remember is how bad and confusing the band's marketing was during the release of MISC.  That sticks out to me way more than the actual music on MISC, despite me listening to it several times.  

And this is the most recent thing I remember because they haven't given me anything to think about since MISC, and that was nearly a year ago now.  I understand why they couldn't do their planned shows, but they haven't really done anything else in the meantime.  No real updates or engagements. 

And I honestly don't think I've ever felt this way with any other active band.  Of course bands have released albums I didn't like, but my last thought about them was always "Oof, I wish that sounded better," and not "Oof, I wish they released the album on time and didn't let their guitarist on Instagram and didn't go silent for a year."

8 hours ago, zerozeroninex said:

From what I mentioned it's high possible that Retsu, Sho and maybe even Hiroshi got dissilussioned with the vk scene. Reading their JaME interview it just wasn't Retsu who wanted the style change like some fans are insisting.Could be the main reason Ryuya and Taishi left (or got kicked out), the remaining 3 members wanted out of the scene and wanted to change their style,and they have every right to do so as it's their band. 

It doesn't matter if they wanna leave vk, tons of previous vk acts have moved on outside the scene and been successful. Look at Miyavi, sure his music is questionable now but his roots were in vk and there's something special about that.  Most people here would've followed dimlim to hell and back, regardless if they carried on in vk or not.

The issue is that under RETSU's leadership, dimlim's reputation and image has been turned into a joke. They could've left vk and been signed under any number of other labels that would've managed their look/marketing/social media but, Mr Lets wants to be as true to his craft as possible by managing everything himself, including relations with fans (the very fans who keep this project going, who put food and clothes on their table). I don't think he has any previous experience with this and it shows. Seriously just look at what Issei did with NAZARE in less than a year, dimlim devolved violently when they had every reason to have surpassed NAZARE in popularity/numbers/whatever.

If you can't see what's wrong with those interview videos they released on youtube or with the lack of direction/communication that's going on currently, then I'm sorry but I can't spell it out for you more than it's already been done. I don't even know what you are arguing against/for anymore.

57 minutes ago, platy said:

It doesn't matter if they wanna leave vk, tons of previous vk acts have moved on outside the scene and been successful. Look at Miyavi, sure his music is questionable now but his roots were in vk and there's something special about that.  Most people here would've followed dimlim to hell and back, regardless if they carried on in vk or not.

The issue is that under RETSU's leadership, dimlim's reputation and image has been turned into a joke. They could've left vk and been signed under any number of other labels that would've managed their look/marketing/social media but, Mr Lets wants to be as true to his craft as possible by managing everything himself, including relations with fans (the very fans who keep this project going, who put food and clothes on their table). I don't think he has any previous experience with this and it shows. Seriously just look at what Issei did with NAZARE in less than a year, dimlim devolved violently when they had every reason to have surpassed NAZARE in popularity/numbers/whatever.

If you can't see what's wrong with those interview videos they released on youtube or with the lack of direction/communication that's going on currently, then I'm sorry but I can't spell it out for you more than it's already been done. I don't even know what you are arguing against/for anymore.

I dm'ed Retsu on his IG of any news on the band, less than a week later he post an IG story that Dimlim is working hard and a week later he posted another story of something is coming up soon.Yeah Issei is a better business man but regarding Nazare they are disbanding and from their thread I read a show report their latest one man shows are not selling well even with the covid restrictions.I figure Dimlim decided to take a rest or focus on songwriting instead of planning shows that may get postponed later on.Since Retsu assured the band is still alive and something is coming up let's wait any announcement before celebrating their disbandment lol. Btw weren't some fans wishing Retsu would shut up on sns and when he did ,some fans are getting annoyed they are too quiet? Lol.

Btw they are kinda replicating what Dir En Grey did and said when Diru quit vk,there just wasn't sns yet to block anyone lol. 

Regarding the marketing of MISC, yeah they were winging it and releasing info as soon as they got the info themselves. They were probably waiting for distribution news, whatever happened to their distributor, they might had decided print on demand on Amazon in the last minute. Delaying the album again would had been better though,but fans were getting impatient. They released the preview pf What's Up?! and full mv so close to the release of the album, ironically another Jband I follow outside vk released the first mv of their new album a week or 2 after the album was released lol. But they are on a major label so there were at least some miniscule marketing. 

Edited by zerozeroninex

52 minutes ago, platy said:

My thoughts exactly. I watched their videos on youtube because I wanted to know why people called him Lets, and omg, I thought all the whole thing was a joke. I followed them since Chedora, but I don't know what to think anymore. They had a huge potential, but the lack of management and everything I learned while lurking this thread, well, it's too bad. And I agree, I don't see on what we're supposed to argue now, I think everything has been said.

Are here those who disliked brootal DIMLIM (with most of CHEDOARA), but got interested in the band after MISC?
Because right now there are a lot of users who made love with DIMLIM after CHEDOARA, but then ditched them next morning after seeing them without a makeup (MISC), but not the other way.

59 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

Are here those who disliked brootal DIMLIM (with most of CHEDOARA), but got interested in the band after MISC?
Because right now there are a lot of users who made love with DIMLIM after CHEDOARA, but then ditched them next morning after seeing them without a makeup (MISC), but not the other way.

You wouldn't find them here though as they wouldn't be interested in vk but there are those that are open to music and only got interested in Dimlim after they ditched the makeup because some Jmusic fans don't take vk seriously (can be found in different FB J music groups.),and are new Dimlim fans because they now sound closer to Tricot and Sokoninaru lol. 

Ditching the make up wasn't even that big a deal, the musical shift was.

Anyway, I enjoyed MISC but it needs some serious work.

And re: everything else, LETS agree to disagree.

Started to follow DIMLIM since right from the start!
To be honest, I love them even after CHE DO A RA!
Especially I really enjoy MISC. because I like how progressive it is!
And I don't care about they dropped their VK side,
I just want to enjoy what they pull out!

5 minutes ago, Kyo_Toriko said:

Started to follow DIMLIM since right from the start!
To be honest, I love them even after CHE DO A RA!
Especially I really enjoy MISC. because I like how progressive it is!
And I don't care about they dropped their VK side,
I just want to enjoy what they pull out!

Same, too bad some former fans are trying their best to pull them down. Someone in YT said he/she got blocked in Twitter because he/she inquired about releasing Various overseas, funny thing is I did the same and bugged Retsu about Emotions too, guess what,he didn't block me. Same person was also saying Ryuya and Taishi left because of money issues, but whem asked for a source, he/she couldn't give a direct one and became a he said she said to him/her rumour,and suddenly disappeared in YT. 

4 hours ago, platy said:

Well said and every post you've made here has been absolutely spot on. I agree we need to disagree and drop this now but after all this I find it completely bewildering we have one member who literally doesn't seem to be understanding anything anyone is saying and tbh their obsession with DIMLIM from what they've said here is a bit scary. So there's no point anyone saying anything if you don't think everything DIMLIM have done revolving the release of MISC and post has been anything short of incredible. Haha. 

As many have said, the change of musical style and look wasn't the problem for me either. Just a shame to see this band who were doing so well for themselves basically destroy themselves. I mean with the lack of activity and engagements of any kind they have no one to blame but themselves for people losing interest in them. And the comparisons to Dir en Grey changing styles are completely dumbfounded as yes, they changed styles, but they were also WAYYYYYY more popular after releasing their first album than DIMLIM have been in their entire career. Unless DIMLIM secretly did a sold out show on the release of VARIOUS or CHEDDAR no one has ever told me about?? Lol.

Funny it was mentioned that NAZARE show reports recently have claimed they weren't well attended.... I saw some clips Issei posted of drumcams during shows and was actually surprised how well attended they were considering the situation and the impending disbandment.... :/ But ya know what, maybe NAZARE disbanding is DIMLIMs guardian angel, maybe Issei should come back and set Retsu and the lads straight and make them great again. Why not bring uta along for the ride as well? Haha.