Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

1 hour ago, seys said:

@Duwang Just curious, what did the band look like during the lives?

Bored and liveless when I saw them at a 3man last November. No passion on stage. 

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

Bored and liveless when I saw them at a 3man last November. No passion on stage. 

I'm confused about this.A post a couple of pages back with a show report from a Japanese friend of a member here saying the opposite,with Sho supposedly hitting his mic on his head and was doing great as a frontman and the backtracked bass and guitar sounded great.Even had a couple seconds of clips that says otherwise that the band has no passion and the crowd looked like they were having fun and full of energy.

NVM the show report and clips were from their Dec show.

Edited by zerozeroninex

5 hours ago, zerozeroninex said:

Now I think Retsu (and Sho) got disillusioned with vk,they intentionally wrote a math rock album and blocked old fans to weed out vk fans lol.

That's just not a good look though.  Almost their entire fanbase before MISC was made up of vk fans and metal fans, so for them to purposefully shut them out isn't really a good move imo.  No one said they had to keep being visual kei, and if they just stopped dressing up and dropped the album I don't think anyone would have had a big problem.  But Retsu renouncing vk and blocking old fans and the entire lyrical concept of MISC seeming like a jab at people who didn't like their stylistic change - well that's a good way to get people to stop caring about your band.  Not to mention that the actual releasing of MISC was handled very badly with it being delayed several times, having confusing info on whether it was going to be digital only or physical, nearly no previews, and then Retsu with his "essence" and anti piracy antics at that time...  I think they effectively managed to push away a good proportion of their old fanbase with all that.

They might be getting some positive attention outside of Japan, and they seem to have prioritized that over Japanese fans anyway considering their international bookings and Retsu doing that one interview video in English lol, but COVID put a stop to those shows so what are they doing for their new fans now?  They released Kidoairaku on streaming services which is nice and all, but even their plans for an international merch store haven't quite worked out.  I get that this year has been really tough but I just question where they're going to get the money to keep going with this band.  They seem really inactive at the moment and that's usually not a good sign - even in these times.

38 minutes ago, Ultra Silvam said:

That's just not a good look though.  Almost their entire fanbase before MISC was made up of vk fans and metal fans, so for them to purposefully shut them out isn't really a good move imo.  No one said they had to keep being visual kei, and if they just stopped dressing up and dropped the album I don't think anyone would have had a big problem.  But Retsu renouncing vk and blocking old fans and the entire lyrical concept of MISC seeming like a jab at people who didn't like their stylistic change - well that's a good way to get people to stop caring about your band.  

I don't know about the entire album, but I'm pretty sure What's Up was written about my friend. Her critical tweets really seemed to have struck Retsu's nerves considering he cried about it on instagram stories after blocking her, saying that the band doesn't want to listen to anyone's opinions and that he was going to quit social media (which clearly didn't happen, unfortunately)

The piracy rants were weird as shit, because Retsu was mostly mad about people uploading songs from Kidoairaku and it wasn’t until a few months ago that it became commercially available 

2 hours ago, Duwang said:

I don't know about the entire album, but I'm pretty sure What's Up was written about my friend. Her critical tweets really seemed to have struck Retsu's nerves considering he cried about it on instagram stories after blocking her, saying that the band doesn't want to listen to anyone's opinions and that he was going to quit social media (which clearly didn't happen, unfortunately)

?Sho writes the bands lyrics not Retsu.

35 minutes ago, Saishu said:

The piracy rants were weird as shit, because Retsu was mostly mad about people uploading songs from Kidoairaku and it wasn’t until a few months ago that it became commercially available 

That wasn't weird because it can affect future live limited releases when fans realize they can pirate it anyway and those buying multiple copies to resell would think twice if they can't sell their extra copies at twice the price lol. Japan also takes piracy seriously, there had been arrest there for persons uploading manga and anime content illegally online. Japanese major labels has been waging war on illegal uploads on YT for years.Masa of NB also said the same thing Retsu said a few years ago.

53 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

?Sho writes the bands lyrics not Retsu.

Of course, but that doesnt mean Retsu doesnt have a say in what the song is about and I'd say that was definitely the case because the lyrics are quite different than what Sho usually writes.

At this point Retsu is driving the car and Sho and Hiroshi are in the back seat. Sho doesn't even know when the band has a live. His band mates call him up the day before to remind him. Do you really think he's the one calling the shots lol

3 hours ago, Duwang said:

Of course, but that doesnt mean Retsu doesnt have a say in what the song is about and I'd say that was definitely the case because the lyrics are quite different than what Sho usually writes.

At this point Retsu is driving the car and Sho and Hiroshi are in the back seat. Sho doesn't even know when the band has a live. His band mates call him up the day before to remind him. Do you really think he's the one calling the shots lol

The entirely of MISC lyrics are very different than before. What's Up aside, most of the lyrics are positive or hopeful, it's like Sho is in love lol. From the JaME interview, I figure while Retsu calls the majority of the shots, Sho doesn't sound just like a puppet and was very active in that interview which was surprising.It seems he and Retsu was in agreement while they were writing What's Up?!. Anyway, the lyrics of What's Up?!  doesn't even sound like a huge diss (compared to NB's Thank You).

On 11/5/2020 at 4:18 PM, zerozeroninex said:

Uhm, you missed the part they sold out their show in Brazil and the other SA shows were close?

It's not an achievement for a Japanese act to have a sold out in Brazil.

First of all, Brazil is a go-to place for Japanese bands to go abroad along with SA - Jupiter is a recent example, Deathgaze made their last oneman tour in SA as well, and plenty of other bands. And plenty of non-vk bands go there as well.

Secondly, one has to take into consideration the size of the venue. AFAIR, they weren't even remotely big.

Thirdly, many people connected to the scene in some way would go to almost any show just because it's a scene band (assuming that they can afford the tickets). Don't forget that SA is a home for the majority of gaijin-kei bands.

Futhermore, one Mexican venue sold like 20 tickets total and had to cancel the show?

With Russia - the venue in Moscow is extremely small, I would say it could handle around 100 people max. And not so many tickets were sold within the first month according to my knowledge. As for them going to Irkutsk - this move reeks of desperation, because the organizer is a huuuuge Dimlim bangya based on her social networks.

The point is as follows - Dimlim are not popular abroad whatsoever. Dude, even Nocturnal Bloodlust at their peak couldn't get many people to their gigs in Europe and many j-rock bands do not tour in Europe because it doesn't make sense economically. The only place that bands go to semi-regularely is SA, but it's only because they have some fandom there. And even Dimlim sold like 20 tickets in Mexico, lmfao.

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

rijin has 300 k and vanitas stands at 650k (provided they didn't buy any), nothing about their MISC phase indicates growth

r8J2f4s.png

I appreciate your consistent clowning here tho

What's Up?! is closing in to Rijin and Rijin had a 6-7 months head start lol.Ironically you pretty much dislike the band now but surprisingly you are very active in their thread lel. 

1 hour ago, zaa_zaa said:

It's not an achievement for a Japanese act to have a sold out in Brazil.

First of all, Brazil is a go-to place for Japanese bands to go abroad along with SA - Jupiter is a recent example, Deathgaze made their last oneman tour in SA as well, and plenty of other bands. And plenty of non-vk bands go there as well.

Secondly, one has to take into consideration the size of the venue. AFAIR, they weren't even remotely big.

Thirdly, many people connected to the scene in some way would go to almost any show just because it's a scene band (assuming that they can afford the tickets). Don't forget that SA is a home for the majority of gaijin-kei bands.

Futhermore, one Mexican venue sold like 20 tickets total and had to cancel the show?

With Russia - the venue in Moscow is extremely small, I would say it could handle around 100 people max. And not so many tickets were sold within the first month according to my knowledge. As for them going to Irkutsk - this move reeks of desperation, because the organizer is a huuuuge Dimlim bangya based on her social networks.

The point is as follows - Dimlim are not popular abroad whatsoever. Dude, even Nocturnal Bloodlust at their peak couldn't get many people to their gigs in Europe and many j-rock bands do not tour in Europe because it doesn't make sense economically. The only place that bands go to semi-regularely is SA, but it's only because they have some fandom there. And even Dimlim sold like 20 tickets in Mexico, lmfao.

That's kinda weird because I was talking to some Brazilian fans in the girls Jmetal scene a couple of months ago and they said barely any Japanese bands go there and was surprised Dimlim will be playing  a show there.And they do try to get updated on any J band going there.

23 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

That's kinda weird because I was talking to some Brazilian fans in the girls Jmetal scene a couple of months ago and they said barely any Japanese bands go there and was surprised Dimlim will be playing  a show there.And they do try to get updated on any J band going there.

That is because barely any jrock bands are touring overseas these past few years. Whenever one DOES go abroad, Brazil is a sure stop.

31 minutes ago, pawzord said:

why does the entire forum fight the last alive fan of damlam, let sister live the delusion land

It freaks me out how much someone is so obsessive over defending a band that is basically already dead. I've given up basically as they clearly aren't taking notice of what anyone is actually saying and is turning every negative point into some convoluted sign that the band is still doing great and everything is perfect. It's legit pretty creepy.

+ I have an inkling that this member is someone who has posted in this forum using a different username and come under fire from other members several times in other threads for the same kind of thing. haha. + + That member was also obsessed with Retsu/DIMLIM so it's hardly far out that this is the same person. lol.

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

That is because barely any jrock bands are touring overseas these past few years. Whenever one DOES go abroad, Brazil is a sure stop.

I can confirm Brazil is definitely not a sure stop in the girls Jmetal scene whenever they tour abroad, it's just Mexico in SA.

50 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

It freaks me out how much someone is so obsessive over defending a band that is basically already dead. I've given up basically as they clearly aren't taking notice of what anyone is actually saying and is turning every negative point into some convoluted sign that the band is still doing great and everything is perfect. It's legit pretty creepy.

+ I have an inkling that this member is someone who has posted in this forum using a different username and come under fire from other members several times in other threads for the same kind of thing. haha. + + That member was also obsessed with Retsu/DIMLIM so it's hardly far out that this is the same person. lol.

Why would you care what I think of the band? Why are you also forcing me to have the same views as others to dislike the band? Did Retsu blocked you too in Twitter? Lol. 

Btw I don't care who Retsu blocked on Twitter, who Sho dissed with his lyrics on MISC,from what I've seen on YT they were really a boring band live even when Ryuya and Taishi were still in the band something they have to improve lol. I like the band.Btw why are there many former fans who hates the band now very active on their thread?lol 

Edited by zerozeroninex

Not a chance in hell in this band is signed or getting signed. On Tanuki people aren't even sure if they're even active anymore. They've built a reputation for poor PR and a categorical refusal to do any of the activities that actually get fans in Japan. They probably only got this far with Issei's help, who took Nazare to a similar level of notoriety in like half the time while DIMLIM got nowhere. Who would sign such a band that's commercially on their last legs? Everything here just reeks bush league from letting a horny gya organize a gig in fucking Irkutsk of all places to hyping up a web shop that ends up not even materializing. Doing an overseas tour is not an achievement either considering you only got tiny live houses. It wasn't that long ago when vk bands came to Europe and the live houses averaged the capacity of 500 ppl minimum. Even Satsuki of the Rentrer en Soi and pedophilia fame had a house in Helsinki with the capacity of 600 at the stage of his career when he was completely washed up. Weebs will show up for anything. 

I like this band. It's just beyond salvageable at this point unless the members have a day job to finance it. 

17 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

I can confirm Brazil is definitely not a sure stop in the girls Jmetal scene whenever they tour abroad, it's just Mexico in SA.

It might shock you to learn that Mexico is firmly located on the North American continent. 

18 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

Jmetal girl bands are a different scene, we are talking VK/Male jrock here. Don't derail this to your convinience.