Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

The DIMLIM concert in Chile is being re-organized.

and the brazilian concert the same ... I'm not sure ... I only have friends in Chile who confirmed it for me.

Retsu: Obviously does only things cause they are trending like most 15 yrs old teens.

Also Retsu:

retsu: It's also boring if things are trending. We think that DIMLIM is its own musical genre, so we do whatever we want to do. 

On one hand, this makes me appreciate where they are a bit more - on the other hand, a lot of it really gives me hardcore deja vu to me in my late teens/early 20s and how I felt about being a musician then (which then really strikes the part of my brain that knows those things just...don't work.)

I don't think MISC. is a bad album by any means - would have been a better EP, truly, but I appreciate the ambition of stepping entirely out of what they were known for. I just...really want them to fill out their damn lineup!!

Edited by nomemorial

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek7L9uCEYgMMlDMJMnyWhUClLPdLyGXmfnMjhhJ8tfTK1CKQ/viewform

They just made a survey to see how many people would attend a show in Mexico City in september, it says they need at least 200 people

I already signed but tbh I don´t have a lot of hope, the first time they tried to play a show here they sold like 30 tickets...

7 hours ago, EvilHippy said:

Why can't they #StayTheFuckAtHome ?

That's an American thing, Japan is pretty much back to business as usual, honestly it never really changed much. They're seemingly dealing with covid19 very well, probably because Japanese people don't touch each other and everyone already wear masks when they're sick.

My friend don't want to reschedule the fly tickets yet because he does not believe that DIMLIM will be still around in september.

I can't blame him, can I?

38 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

That's an American thing, Japan is pretty much back to business as usual, honestly it never really changed much. They're seemingly dealing with covid19 very well, probably because Japanese people don't touch each other and everyone already wear masks when they're sick.

They haven’t dealt at all, they aren’t testing anyone to keep the numbers low and are reporting deaths as pneumonia's.

7 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

They haven’t dealt at all, they aren’t testing anyone to keep the numbers low and are reporting deaths as pneumonia's.

Japan was reporting cases earlier than the US, and you have to remember how close China is to Japan economically. Japan is the #2 international travel destination for Chinese people, and Tokyo has the 2nd largest number of travelers from Wuhan of anywhere in the world. Osaka was also in the top 10. I wouldn't be surprised if it was here in Japan in December 2019. Japan, Thailand and Korea should all basically be on the same timeline, and quite a few weeks/a month ahead of Europe and North America. If Japan's cases really were growing exponentially in the world's oldest-skewed population, we wouldn't be talking about a couple thousand excess deaths given that the virus showed up in Japan earlier than most other places outside China. There would be tens of thousands of excess deaths hitting now, in March. On average, they have about 100,000 deaths a month (well, probably higher in the dead of winter and the height of summer and lower in other seasons). We'd notice if there were instead 150,000 deaths.

On 4/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, helcchi said:

Metalheads don’t whip their hair like bangya do

I have to agree with this. From what I have gathered it looks like DIMLIM has fans from both the metal fan base and the vk fan base. And from what some friends in Japan have told me, they feel less inclined to really get in to it when gya take over the floor. But I don't know it all, this is just a theory. 

no idea what this is other than it's definitey retsu's lets's shenanigans. clothing brand?? (DIMLIM account RT'd it)

Edited by seys

On 4/15/2020 at 7:00 AM, seys said:

yup, online store or something

Well I remember they once asked on their Instagram to their international fans if they would like to be able to buy their merch too, so I guess that´s why they decided to do this

4 hours ago, DIBIDABUA said:

Well I remember they once asked on their Instagram to their international fans if they would like to be able to buy their merch too, so I guess that´s why they decided to do this

jUF6d4Y.png

I'm not so sure about that.

Hello! First post here. I run a company in Tokyo named Japan Music Revolution and we've just teamed up with DIMLIM to make their CDs and goods available overseas. Because of COVID-19 we are unfortunately going to be delayed in opening the webstore as we can't ship from Japan right now, however I've have taken this time to look over this thread and take into consideration fans' feelings and wishes.

We have some exciting surprises to announce in the near future about what's going to be up for sale and we hope you'll like the easier, cheaper (no tenso fees!) access to the merch vs auction sites and so forth. We're planning on implementing Paypal, offer several shipping methods  and overall making things as smooth and easy as possible. I'm available on Twitter and through email at [email protected] to listen to any requests; the guys are very open to suggestions on what kinds of things you'd like to be able to get your hands on.

I'll post any official information as it becomes available. In the meantime, feel free to read the full announcement here and spread the news if you can:

https://twitter.com/jpmusicrev/status/1256177104997081088

Thank you guys in advance for the support.

25 minutes ago, Japan Music Revolution said:

We have some exciting surprises to announce in the near future about what's going to be up for sale and we hope you'll like the easier, cheaper (no tenso fees!) access to the merch vs auction sites and so forth.

You mean like an alternative to buyee.jp?

2 minutes ago, seys said:

You mean like an alternative to buyee.jp?

It's going to be an entire webstore identical (with some exclusive overseas only items) to the webstore that just opened tonight: https://www.dimer-tokyo.com so it will not be a proxy/third party site but rather you will be buying directly from the guys. My company will be handling the order processing, shipping, promotion and advising on what items to sell. Right now shipping is blocked from Japan to most countries so we're awaiting for that to lift and we will open a dedicated webstore, in English.