Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

2 hours ago, Ameyoru said:

Also, aparently not even Dimlim knew the show was cancelled hahaha

Ninshi reached out to Dimlim on twitter because they were trying to send an email, but apparently Dimlim’s email wasn’t working or accepting it. It was probably about this. 

It´s sad, I really wanted to see them, but I´m not surprised, the venue is a pretty big one considering the fact that dimlim is not even remotely popular here in Mexico, maybe if they had chosen another venue and decided to do the concert after March it would have worked out. I hope they try to come again soon and I also hope their other south american shows go well

Retsu tweeted that he’s still studying English. I guess good for him for having the confidence to do that q&a in English, but he still shouldn’t have. 

my biggest prob with that video is good sisters' implication that anyone actually cares about the entire UwU QQQ ahead of the tour, I'm p sure good sis wouldn've gotten better response to an hour long IG live in her native language

it sounds like its all memorized or even just read phonetically off a cue card as opposed to "learned" english lol but hey that was some.. iiiiinsight(?)... into.. something(?)

someone posted a "translation" in the comments

Q1. Please introduce yourself.

A: My name is Retsu, I play the guitar on DIMLIM

Q2. What is the nature of your human being?

A: It’s a weakness

Q3. Why do you think so?

A: I’m really weak but they are not always weak. Weakness is also strength. I face that weakness every day.

Q4. What do you have in mind when you compose music?

A: I don’t know anything about music theory, so, I enjoy the chemical reaction of phrases while writing songs. I also have in mind to space things out, if you listen to it you will be able to see the scene clearly. (Note: Retsu means phrase in the sense of a phrase in music theory; lazy copy paste here: “In music and music theory, phrase and phrasing are concepts and practices related to grouping consecutive melodic notes, both in their composition and performance. A musical work is typically made up of a melody that consists of numerous consecutive phrases.” I also want to note I’m not sure about that “have in mind to space things out”; what the Japanese subtitles say tho is that “also it’s to emit sounds that don’t exist in this world”. Anyway, I think he means experimenting and adding sounds together to create a scene.)

Q5. Why did you decide to release MISC. now?

A: It goes around the same place and has seem like(?) content. Nothing interesting. So we released the exact opposite. (Note: sorry the first line is really hard for me to understand; but the Japanese subs say that in this world there’s only content that spins around in the same spot)

Q6. What do you mean by going around the same place?

A: Everybody gets along in a small world. I don’t think that’s necessary. There is rarely no need to get along.

Q7. Don't be influenced by others. Be yourself. "What is your real intention?

A: As you said, there are few people who are themselves. I think so no matter what you look at. I leave it up to others to dress up, listen to the faces of people I can’t see. I wave a flag of the opposite colour, if you have something to say why don’t you do it? I think so

Q8. Compared to the previous album "MISC.", I feel that there are less exposed haites in the songs and lyrics. Why?

A: I don’t think so at all, I’d rather throw it straight in the middle

Q9. Who would you like to listen to?

A: I want people all over the world to listen. If love is the only thing in the relationship to death? It’s time to take off your glasses and look for the real

Q10. What was the most difficult song to record this time?

A: All the songs

Q11. Why is that?

A: (?) don’t dress a song (Note: Retsu is saying it’s because he doesn’t flare the musical composition with unnecessary shit, so it’s not overworked I assume)

Q12. May 9 is the first performance of this year in Japan, but why is it performed more than 3 months after the release of "MISC."?

A: I want you to come after you know it well. We are ready to accept your thoughts. So bring your ugly (?) and or your suspicions (Note: we want you to come after you’ve gotten familiar with it, we’re ready to receive what you think of it, so bring your ugly thoughts/views/opinions and suspicions you have of the album with you to the venue)

Q13. Why is the performance at Shibuya WOMB?

A: When I first saw it I thought it was the only place. See you at the show

When your grasp of a language is basic, maybe try to answer questions about your favorite foods, what you want to see in the countries abroad, music inspirations... Why go for deep shit like the essence of a human being 

He gives the impression of a very egocentric person ' It’s time to take off your glasses and look for the real '. 

The "interview" and the questions / things he says are so extremly cringy, I could not watch it to the end. Dude acts like he is 15.

2 hours ago, seys said:

Q11. Why is that?

A: (?) don’t dress a song (Note: Retsu is saying it’s because he doesn’t flare the musical composition with unnecessary shit, so it’s not overworked I assume)

Among the many problem the album has, each song being packed with unnecessary and retarded sound effects is a big problem. Interesting to read he thinks he already reduced everything down to only important parts.