Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

On 12/22/2019 at 6:56 AM, nekkichi said:

we stan a sell-out 👏

On 12/22/2019 at 11:51 AM, seys said:

Also surprised they're in just hoodies and jeans with no makeup 

*We stan Initial'Lycaon for setting trends for over 10 years!

On 12/22/2019 at 9:11 AM, Komorebi said:

What I heard was that the new song sounded like new Dezert. 

And knockoff Nega, i mean Deathgaze, i mean old Dezert was good?

Edited by blackdoll

All this sounds a bit dubious to me. I really would love this new album to be killer and DIMLIM to do well with this Mexico show and in the future, but can't see it paying off somehow. I'll get the album as want to make proper judgement, but expecting a train wreck.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:04 AM, TheZigzagoon said:

How are they meant to afford going to this live in Mexico, produce and advertise this album and continue doing lives in Japan? 

The agency taking them over to Mexico is apparently a pro at bringing artists from Japan. I think they do several  acts a year including bigger acts like Dir en Grey regularly too. I think they also did Man with a Mission a few years back (?). It's a pretty relevant agency and they've been around for a long time, so I don't think they'll leave all the financial heavy lifting to DIMLIM. 

I'm curious to see how they do in crowd size. I know there was a very small hype over them in the Mexican fandom some time ago, but it seems to have died down pretty quickly and in general the Mexican fandom seems to have the syndrome where they refuse to properly acknowledge the relevancy of  post 2010 VK bands. I hope it goes well for them though and I can only make these speculations as an outsider since I'm in SoCal and only have like 3 VK acquaintances in Mexico. 

On 12/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

The agency taking them over to Mexico is apparently a pro at bringing artists from Japan

They really are huge and have presence in Brazil and Chile. Here's the list of Japanese groups they have brought: (A lot of Kpop too but I'm not puting in it)

°C-ute ( 2015 and 2017 )
VAMPS
Jupiter
DIR EN GREY ( 2015 and 2019 )
ASIAN KUNG - FU GENERATION ( 2015 and 2017 )
SuG
BAND-MAID ( 2016 and 2018 )
GALNERYUS
DO AS INFINITY
Juice=Juice
MAXIMUM THE HORMONE
PLASTIC TREE
SPYAIR
Rookiez is Punk'D
Morning Musume '18
THE GAZETTE (2019)
MIYAVI
MAN WITH A MISSION
ANGERME

speaking of which they also asked on fb about where to tour in chile. i guess we have to wait to see what the turnout is at in the show in mexico but maybe these guys just have a decent latino following 

On 12/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

the Mexican fandom seems to have the syndrome where they refuse to properly acknowledge the relevancy of  post 2010 VK bands

Also, that's sooooooooo trueeeeeeeeeeeeee

Like most of them listened vk in his teeneage years and leave it behind

I'm new at this (4 years) and people I know are like "Ohhhh that thing is still alive??" a friend of mine even said "I thought VK died in 2012"

I'm really hoping to attend the Dimlim concert but it's also hard bc the traveling, some fans are not from the capital, so they have to travel and Mexico it's not exactly a small country and the economics and safety are not the best in the world

Seems like they got a Brazil show booked now as well. Based on their most recent, lack of, activity I don't see how this is going to work. Is their following abroad that big considering people seem to be losing interest in them in Japan where they are meant to be thriving. If I remember correctly, I remember seeing they're planning to do the mexico show as a three piece and backing tracks which as reported is pretty dead to watch live so as much as I wish them luck I still am kind of concerned this is going to end up as a massive fail and they are going to fold. p.s. The new album cover is dead too, wtf are they actually thinking with that? I thought the reveal of the title (Which is also dead, haha) was just a teaser, not the actual cover.....lol

Everyone seems to be so shocked about the new album and direction I just want them to leave y all with your jaws on the floor when it comes out (in a good way) 

Edited by Fyrnia4Maya

With a bunch of impassioned tweets/Instagram posts from Retsu pleading fans to “please stop stealing and buy more albums” because they need money to get home

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

cant stop imagining a timeline where they actually make it abroad but end up having their equipment stolen partway through the 'tour'

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

With a bunch of impassioned tweets/Instagram posts from Retsu pleading fans to “please stop stealing and buy more albums” because they need money to get home

> please stop stealing and buy more albums

> tfw all your albums are out of stock or on 2-4 week back order

Like I get it. Piracy is a net loss leader for DIMLIM. But when all your albums are sold out and you (Retsu, not you) keep bitching about piracy, you look completely unaware to what the real problems plaguing the band are. We can't buy your music even if we wanted to, and I'd love a copy of CHE DO A RA tbh.