Sign in to follow this  
Panda_bear

Brand New

ieqpg1.png'

Brand New is an American rock band from Long Island, New York. Formed in 2000, the band consists of Jesse Lacey (vocals, guitar), Vincent Accardi (guitar, vocals), Garrett Tierney (bass guitar, vocals), and Brian Lane (drums, percussion). From 2005 until 2013 the band also included Derrick Sherman (guitar, backing vocals, keyboards).

The band signed to Triple Crown Records and in 2001 released their debut studio album, Your Favorite Weapon. Their second album, Deja Entendu, was released in 2003 and marked a stylistic change for the band, one that garnered an extremely positive critical reception.Deja Entendu was eventually certified gold in the United States. Brand New moved to Interscope Records and released the critically acclaimed The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me in 2006.In March 2008, the band started their own record label, named Procrastinate! Music Traitors. Their fourth album, Daisy, was released in 2009 and became their highest charting album in the US, reaching number six on the Billboard

On August 17, 2017, the band released their fifth album Science Fiction. It was both a critical and commercial success, being met with universal acclaim and becoming Brand New's first number one album on the Billboard 200 chart.

Brand New is most often described as alternative rock, indie rock, post-hardcore, emo, and pop punk.

Legit one of my favorite bands of all time, and one of the best rock bands of modern times in my opinion. I got into them from Deja Etendu, which is  masterpiece, and followed them since.  It's crazy to see how they evolved from a emo punk rock band sound on their first album and continually changed and matured on every subsequent record.  They got everything from catchy, but meaningful emo punk rock, to sophisticated dark and mature songs, intimate and beautiful acoustic numbers to  stuff that sounds like radiohead. And Jesse is one of the best lyricst around.  Always wanted to see then live, but they're concerts are notoriously hard to get tickets to.  It's sad to see them coming to an end with their last album. 

Has anyone heard their new album? It's another masterpiece.  Easy contender for rock album of the year.  It's like a mix of all their material  in a way that make sense and works.  You can hear everything from Your Favorite Weapon, Deja, to Devil and God, and Daisy. 

I'm going to miss this band so much. But this is how to properly go out as band, with a really strong release. 

Edited by Panda_bear

^^

+1

jesse has really good taste so i hope he pulls a mark kozlek and becomes a legendary moody songwriting eccentric

^ That would be quite cool.  Would also be cool to see what the other member's end up doing. I know they said the band is coming to an end, but I wonder if that means they'll stop putting out music outside of the band or not.

Sign in to follow this