Sometimes I feel like they're even almost necessary in the genre XD

Although opinions vary

And they may be tolerable

(and there may be way too many of them)

Go list the ones you can think of right now

Sally (the Vambie.)

Frypan (The Pumpkin Head)

Miku (An Cafe)

Emiru (Aicle.) - it's not that I really mind, but his voice gets really unbearable to listen to after a while

Hehe, good topic with plenty of potential candidates.

My personal nomination would be for the guy from Himeyuri / PARADEIS.

Forget about the music and just listen to him. Possibly the whiniest, most off-key, nasally drag queen alive. But people still really like them.

Ude3loN_izw

I realize this will most likely incur the wrath of "Herpes" on me, haha

Just listing some off the top of my head...

- Rayka from Synside is pretty bad, couldn't bear how horrible he sounded on their semi-recent mini-album.

- Riku from chariots. It's weird, I feel as if he forgets how to sing good when he's in chariots, but I really don't mind him in Rin or Phantasmagoria.

- Ai from DEATHGAZE. It's more or less his singing that bugs me, dude sounds like a cow.

- Kouki from D=OUT. Sounds horrible live. Love the band, I really do, but he could sound A LOT better if he took some lessons.

Terrible ones that had the greatest impact on me were:

Irokui's vocalist

Ruki (Gazette) - sorry, but because of him I can't bare to listen to the band much

Asagi - not really bad, maybe even tolerable for some . . . but he does particularly grate on my ears

Dynamite Tommy - for harder/punk songs I don't mind it, but he can be incredibly laughable attempting more pop-based songs

Umemura - sometimes he's okay

Tetsu (Malice Mizer)

Miku (Antic Cafe)

And all the vocalists from the "Crappy Bands to Cure Obscure Indies Obsessions" compilation.

I usually delete all the bad vocalists from my mind, but I gotta agree with this:

- Rayka from Synside is pretty bad, couldn't bear how horrible he sounded on their semi-recent mini-album.

inb4 every vocalist you like/omg how dare you he's my favourite/your opinion is wrong/all vk vocalists suck now/bicker hate bicker hate

Anyway

• Natsuki (-OZ-), when he's singing can be terribad
    Miku (An Cafe)
    Shou (alice nine.)
    Asagi (D)
    Mao (Sadie)
    Genki (Vanessa)
    Jin (Nega/that twin band he's in)
    MAKI (ALSDEAD), thought he was bad in DICE AND JOKER and, while he has improved, still dislike him.
    Guy from DEPAIN.
    Mashiro, I forget what band he's from.
    Some random indies guys, see crappy indies bands thread and/or similar artists on last.fm

- Kouki from D=OUT. Sounds horrible live. Love the band, I really do, but he could sound A LOT better if he took some lessons.

Really? I heard him live and I think he sounds much better than on the recordings.

Asagi - not really bad, maybe even tolerable for some . . . but he does particularly grate on my ears

Wow, I didn't expect someone may mention him here... he's one of the best visual kei vocalists in my opinion...

Bad vk vocalists: everyone on this playlist. Just so you know how bad "bad" can get. :lol:

Once you listened through all of it, every person mentioned on this thread so far will appear at worst mediocre, or as a musical genius at best.

Clearly you made a mistake, idiot is on the playlist!

Wow, I didn't expect someone may mention him here... he's one of the best visual kei vocalists in my opinion...

And I think he's fairly bad as well, so that makes two. D:

Also, seriously guys?

Asagi?

Kouki?

You have to be kidding... they are not BAD at all.

ESPECIALLY if you compare them to the likes of frypan or some of those obscure indie band vocalists...

I'll just post the ones from more known bands (because there are many indie ones who are terrible), no matter if I like the band or not (I like some bands, even if I think the vocalist is bad):

Takeru (SuG)

Shou (Alice Nine)

Byou (SCREW)

Ruki (the GazettE)

Miyavi

Kyo (Dir en Grey)

Yuuki (Lycaon)

Jin (Nega)

Mao (Sadie)

Miku (Lc5)

I can't think of more at the moment, there are some vocalists I don't like, but they aren't bad, I just don't like their vocal. It's not "visual kei vocalists I don't like" thread, though. I listed here some vocalists I actually like a lot, but their skills aren't great.

SuG arent that bad.

Im not gona be a sheep in the Sug bashing train.

So... i dont love the music, and he isnt the best vocalist. But i love his attitude and personality. He is so lovely, vibrant and happy. And he smiles like this 8D

i've been listening to this for the last hour... love it.

R8qUppecqDQ

Also, seriously guys?

Asagi?

Kouki?

ESPECIALLY if you compare them to the likes of frypan or some of those obscure indie band vocalists...

My personal nomination would be for the guy from Himeyuri / PARADEIS.

OH NO YOU DI'INT.

Most Oshare are pretty awful.

- Kyo (La:sadies, early diru). Budget Kiyoharu.

- Daisuke.

A bit surprised at all the disdain for Asagi. I thought his vocals were pretty tolerable on "The Name of the Rose" and on songs prior to and subsequent to that release, though I admit that his vocals (or his delivery rather) has digressed to the point that I can't listen to any of D's new stuff. Asagi does have some "WTF moments", but I don't think his voice is all that bad, it's moreso his delivery (the way he uses his voice) that ruins it for me. With that said, I still wouldn't place him in the bad/worst VK vocalists category.

Jin from Negastroika.

He's the only one i can think of so far,

his singing is so damn flat.

If it were a device that counts heart beat in Emergency Room, it'll like straight line, which is bad. Cos that's mean one's already dead lol

maybe there's more, i'll post later.

Also, seriously guys?

Asagi?

Kouki?

Except this isn't a "COMPARE VOCALIST.A TO VOCALIST.B"-thread. As much as I adore D=OUT, I legitimately think Kouki is bad live:

HA5qC-4g3eA

5A1SkUzcOq8

I'm going to say Hikari. He's the only singer that can literally make me feel queasy to my stomach.

Most Visual Kei singers are pretty bad, especially when you start to dig deep into the bowels of the indie circlejerk. I usually end up liking them anyway but I'm also going partially deaf in one ear so that probably explains a lot.