Takadanobabaalien

グリーヴァ (Grieva) to disband

Oh no :( not surprised actually but still sad. Well they had a good run and their latest releases weren't very good, I hope to see the members in new projects in the future, especially Kyouki and Haru 

Holy shit, I did not see this coming. I though they were fairly popular in the current scene. 

Have they given any reasons yet?

Edited by Komorebi

THE FRICK!!!!

i for one did not see this coming ://

Edited by itsukoii

oh no...i took so long to get into this band and when i was finally into them it happen....

visual kei bands aren't solid at all.

you start to love one and it suddenly falls apart...i'm sad now.please kyouki,don't leave the music

I told myself I wouldn't get mad after rui left...NOW THEY'RE DISBANDING AND I'M MAD. If Yukika is behind this he seriously needs to be drop kicked.

Oh shit... I hope the see the members in other bands at least. Kyouki is a pretty unique vocalist and has improved over the years...

saw this coming but..well fml

1 hour ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

I really hope to see Kyouki, Hisame and Yuugo in a band together again.

THIS! Let them be back soon ugh

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Frankly, I don't know what I feel about that.

From what I heard, they didn't manage to move to bigger venues in the last couple of years, meaning that their growth was stale...
So it's not surprising from that point of view.

On the other side, they finally started releasing their own music, and now this.

Oh well, the world of j-rock.

Edited by zaa_zaa

They kind of ran out of good diru to emmulate

In a way I'm okay with them being over. Their last two singles didn't have an impression on me like all of their 2015 releases did, and 〜reliving the old days〜 is such a broad topic that they could have explored, yet they kept a laser focus on only one flavor of it.

As much as I'd like to speculate that this was because of Ains pouring all of their money into Gossip now (like RR did with Avanchick), my dudes ran out of steam as soon as their 3rd album dropped (they had a song on it that sounded like they just didn't want to write the later 2/3rds of!!)

RIP homage-kei

Rest in peace my sweet and pure children :'(

Crossing my fingers that they'll form another new band together and pretend they just met for the first time again.

I'll admit to losing interest after 2014, but I'm still not thrilled about this. Especially since this is happening on my birthday. I just wanted them to get their shit together, not call it quits!

I was rooting for you, we were all rooting for you, how dare you!! [2]

24 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

In a way I'm okay with them being over. Their last two singles didn't have an impression on me like all of their 2015 releases did, and 〜reliving the old days〜 is such a broad topic that they could have explored, yet they kept a laser focus on only one flavor of it.

Exactly this. They really dropped one repetitive release after another and in such small time windows. Most of their songs are really same-ish, some are even simply rewrites with different lyrics. Yet, there was SO much potential in this band as demonstrated by their excellent V.A. tracks, it's a shame they simply couldn't make use of it and always fell back into old behavior, playing it safe.

So, it's sad to see them go, but it was so expected for it to happen. Hopefully the members join new kote/homage kei groups ;3

Also this means that gossip is the only band signed on ains, right? That label too had such a promising future, could have easily become the next UCP, but Yukika somehow throws that away and I am sure it won't be long until this ship sinks just like RR did.

10 minutes ago, Ikna said:

Also this means that gossip is the only band signed on ains, right? 

As of currently, Gossip, Diaura, Amanjaku. and MIZTAVLA are handled by Yukika. Possibly LIM as well. (although I believe that Gossip and Diaura are the only ones who are officially under the ains label). 

That's sad.

I loved them when they came out and, I didn't really care much if they were copying Dir en grey. I was desperate for old school Visual Kei that it still felt refreshing. Then they began to lose the old school appeal, sort of assimilating the trend in today's Visual Kei and I stopped following their music.

I think there is a lot of room to explore old school Visual Kei sounds and give them a more contemporaneous touch, but well...

Could someone translate their message?

Edited by seikun