Karma’s Hat

コドモドラゴン Codomo Dragon

photo.jpg

Legends

Stayin' sharp and consistent since 2010 to this very day. To me they're what Lynch is to others without the perpetual disappointment; they always release sort of the same thing and it's prime top shelf Royzcore that does exactly what I want it to. Imagine that it's like ordering a good drink in a bar where you've done it a thousand times before, but it's high-octane new visual that looks awesome and makes you unwilling to buy any of their singles because the types come with different track lists. Anyway, good stuff and easily the best band on BP atm imo. For an introduction I'd say try their second album, tho I've seen people insist that they jumped some sort of a shark after the first but I don't see it

OHP

Very good band. In particular there more recent stuff. Catchy songs that get you pumped in my opinion. :) 

「毒虫」is my favorite 

41 minutes ago, Disposable said:

By the way are their dvds on somewhere like jpopsuki or something

None at all :/

10 hours ago, Seimeisen said:
10 hours ago, Disposable said:

By the way are their dvds on somewhere like jpopsuki or something

me-shop from germany has some of them ... www.me-shop.net

hope that helps maybe

I should have given them a hane earlier. Listened to some of their recent stuff yesterday and I am sold, my favourite tracks for now are DIRTYXDIRTY, WOLFMAN and HEMLOCK. I say for now, because opinions change and that is completely okay. I will listen more to this band for sure.

Edited by Crimson

I've been listening to them more lately. I didn't have strong feelings one way or another, yet their most recently shared single kept making it's way to my playlist and now I really like most of their music that's been shared. I feel like they have a really cohesive sound that that doesn't stand out or leave a strong first impression, but works well after spending some time with it. Gekokujou and WOLFMAN are fun albums that rarely get boring. I get the impression that they're overlooked? Hopefully that changes because they've been at it for awhile now.

How come are my bois buried on page four?  😕 What did people think about the new album

My general impressions are that it's a bit more ferocious than the last one which suits me quite fine, and the singles are great and that's like 50% of this album at least. There's not a whole lot to be said about a band that hasn't really changed on any fundamental way since like two albums ago, so what's left is just to keep track of the shades of different colours that've appeared and disappeared every time they put out something. It's like keeping track of birds... Anyway, only two ballads and the last one is nice, the kind of head banging live tracks that were not singles range from tolerable to quite ok while still being totally left in the shadow of the singles like Toge, DOUBT and the long title that fucking rip. At its best this band is as crazy as it can be when the guitarists break out from their torpor a little and funny vocal effects are piled on layer by layer, although here the ballad at the end is kind of a testament to the fact that this band can do more than just one thing while retaining its own sound. Anyway, decent effort while not as good as the first or the second albums. 

have to give the album more listens to form a more detailed opinion, but now i'm just shook

you know some days ago i listened to their release of 2016, don't even remember the name, just listened to it twice and deleted it. idk why i decided to give them another chance, but i saved 11 tracks out of 12 which is ridiculous for me, i mean, i often like 2-3 tracks from an album and consider it as a nice result. 

i like doubt the best for now, but i'm sure it's because i've watched pv several times

have to give the album more listens to form a more detailed opinion, but now i'm just shook

you know some days ago i listened to their release of 2016, don't even remember the name, just listened to it twice and deleted it. idk why i decided to give them another chance, but i saved 11 tracks out of 12 which is ridiculous for me, i mean, i often like 2-3 tracks from an album and consider it as a nice result. 

doubt is catchy af and is my fav for now, but im sure i'll enjoy other ones as well later, when i'll become tired of repeating this one~

For me , I prefer the original version of Sousou and I dont'like it the new effects on the album ☹️ ( Maybe I listen the original many times).

Their last album is not bad  and his not good in the same time.  My favorites songs are Kare Kare,Siren, Enshitsu ( this song is really beautiful *^* . She is very sad T_T).

Maybe I prefer WOLFMAN because the music is more joyful ( and I like music are joyful with my feels on the moment). And this album is more agressive and that it.

Edited by Miku70

On 3/26/2019 at 7:05 AM, Miku70 said:

For me , I prefer the original version of Sousou and I dont'like it the new effects on the album ☹️ ( Maybe I listen the original many times).

Same here. I only listened to it once, but iirc the violins overpowered the guitar? imo it was too much. The original melody was good in a sparse way.

Finally! Hopefully upcoming releases will appear too, when released. Using proxies and various payment backdoor tricks on mora.jp is getting trickier, and I never liked having to get overpriced gift cards for iTunes JP.

Of course, I'd really like to see the label distribute music on OTOTOY or Tidal store!

Didn't have my hopes up for them to mention kana, but the label(and possibly the band?) just decided to pretend they are a 4man band from the start huh.......

Edited by gret