Sign in to follow this  
kukew

Creepy/Scary/Disturbing Visual Kei's SEs tracks

otogi.jpg

Hi there everyone. Can you remember that creepy track -that usually is included in their CD releases- a vk band use when they're about to start the raibu or to perform their heavy/disturbed emotional stuff? These tracks're also played at the middle of the (more) dramatic performance or put at the end. I have a really bad memory so I can only remember SEs from Grieva or Nega (they did have a lot w)...

MG_1828-599x400.jpg

Do you have any favourite tune of this kind?  If so, Please share it♥

I would post the samples of this kind of tracks but I can't do it atm (will do it later)... but I'm pretty sure u know what I'm talking about. Very often called SE (Sound Effects?) but I would also (mistakenly) call it OST? This track may not necessarily have the "SE" on its title too.

I was also curious about the guy that creates this stuff, who would create it?.

Edited by kukew

This one is one of my personal favorites. Btw I don't think a lot of SE tracks are on youtube. 

10 hours ago, nostalgia said:

The fist track that came to my mind was Girugamesh's 13 from 13's reborn. IMO, it's sooooo annoying. lol

That happens to be my favorite SE from any band. It's so good and gets me pumped for the album. 

Also another good one is MUCC's SE from their 6 album. 

nice topic!! i'm a huge fan of disturbing/creepy music.

this is one of my all time favorites. (the scream is actually from the movie Phenomema directed by Dario Argento.)

3 hours ago, Platy said:

GazettE's 2nd SE in DIM is one I always skip. I can't stand it, it's just too gross.

Starts at 30:55. 

+1 to all the SE's from DIM, I was goddamn hypnotized by them and anticipated their place on the tracklist forever!

I played IIII-Ligro-'s Distress SE from Ideological Suicide the other day, with the most noise cancelling headphones. Opens with a lazy piano bit that could be recorded in your friends' garage.. but then the ghostly synth swimming out to fill the room and suddenly, a deep bass *crrreeeak* giving the sensation of something huge and unseen spurred into motion just behind you. Feels like you're standing on the bottom of the ocean in utter stillness and then a great curtain of darkness that you assumed to be the fathomless abyss just.. MOVES. like something immense and inconceivable lurking in the threshold.

A lot of SE's have similar invocations for me (GazettE used a similar creaking effect a few times) but this one is fresh in my head!

Maybe I find it creepy because I hate clowns and the "circus music" is reminding me of clowns... but all in all, everytime I listened to this sh*t I got the creeps
and that's not because of Kyo

6 hours ago, t597 said:

nice topic!! i'm a huge fan of disturbing/creepy music.

this is one of my all time favorites. (the scream is actually from the movie Phenomema directed by Dario Argento.)

I loved this one, is that SE in any CD release of them? Thank you sm.

And thank you so much everyone. You all really have interest contributions♥

I know this is nothing compared to what u've shared now lol... 

Edited by kukew

Sign in to follow this