ex-MeteoroiD members new band "GreeΣ" has formed

120220170217230751.png

http://www.greem-official.com/

月白[vocal]  | 帝[guitar]  | マチ[guitar]  | 螺琉[bass]  | 朋夜[drums]

1st Single「GreeM」配布盤

1. GreeM
2. despair's ray

2017.03.01 RELEASE / GMCD-001

They'll have their first oneman at Ikebukuro EDGE June 17th.

yes, it's basically MeteoroiD 2.0. 

Edited by fictioninhope

Happy if confused seems to be the general consensus. Really want to know what happened with Genki and who the new singer is.

Edited by frayed

I assume so? I'm still somewhat confused on it. I woke up and got on twitter and was like "who the fuck are all these GREEM people I didn't follow these people????" before realizing it was MeteoroiD and Genki was the only one without a GREEM related username. 

Reading Genki's latest tweet, it definitely sounds like they have definitely gotten a new vocalist. He said something along the lines of there being a reason they can't go on together but he can't say any details and that he's sorry but he wants everyone to know he will keep singing meteo songs.

Yeah I think it sounds good even though I was always down with genki myself.

but yeah - second track is called despair's ray haha wheeree do we go from here.

I was wondering why Machi randomly changed his IG handle, this explains it.

Genki had an interesting quality to his voice, not sure how to explain it but I liked him a lot. This new vocalist is too generic.

That Greek sigma at the end though xD. I thought it was going to be pronounced like "Grease" and not "Greem".

Either way, it's nice to see the Meteoroid members back in the scene. 

Also, "Despair's Ray" xD. I'm gonna guess that's gonna be a tribute song

im enjoying this mild umbrella-core way more than their confused meteoroid sound

im guessing they wanted to drop all possibly heavyisms and just be straight up rawk

Song does not sound how I was expecting with those visuals but after a few listens it's not bad. I wasn't crazy about Genki on vocals, I still feel about the same with this new guy so far. Tsukishiro? Is that his name? 

tbh I liked genki's voice.. but I can't complain their new vocalist sounds okay so I'm fine with it although that MV spot was mediocre

"2. despair's ray" an homage to Despa?*rising expections*

I was also super fond of Genki's voice and the eccentric energy he brought to the band. I really hope that this new band can keep the same fun side that MeteoroiD had. I don't know yet how to feel about the preview, but I really want to like it and give this new guy a fair shot.

i love this preview so much more than most of what meteroid did after changing their concept. the vocalist sounds like a cross between aki and chizuru lol :)

So they did two 'secret' appearances at Shibuya Rex on Wednesday and Thursday respectively. They showed off two additional new songs there called 'Cheers!' and 'アガクセイヲ'. They'll be making their first 'official' appearance on March 1st at an event live, and they've announced a ton more of those. Machi also made a mention that they're playing the dates and places where MeteoroiD was originally going to have their one-man tour this spring to coincide with the mini-album release that didn't happen. Meanwhile Genki has been the only member still posting on his MeteoroiD fanclub blog and has said he'll keep it going until the site closes at the end of March.

small

Edited by frayed
added picture

Sign in to follow this