First of all, I want to say that I'm very happy to find out about this forum. Finally, a place where I can actually see any posts (at all) related to my fav band. 

I've been following the j-entertainment scene (music, drama, movies, tokusatsu, anime, etc) since 2006, so it has been about 10 years now. The first time I came to know about the term "visual-kei" was back in 2007, thanks to Death Note. (LOL that's right, I love some of Nightmare's songs!)

I've been part of many fandoms. From idols to tokusatsu, actors, actresses, etc. The only fandom that I've never been in (and wouldn't ever touch) is KPOP. While I'm very open to any kind of entertainment, songs by KPOP artists aren't my cup of tea at all (mostly)D: I don't dislike people easily though, especially musicians who I personally don't know. It's a matter of whether the music is my cup of tea or not. I don't know whether a song is "good" or "bad" :3 If the songs give me eargasm, then they're good for me :3 Oh and I don't play any instruments. I enjoy listening to music yet I'm not really interested in learning it. 

That being said, I have been following Golden Bomber for quite some time now (started in 2015). Late, I know. I saw them for the first time when I watched either Arashi ni Shiyagare or Domoto Kyoudai. Kinda hate myself for not getting into them at that time. Been buying & collecting their stuff (CDs, DVDs, tour goods, etc) since 2015 and I'm just. so. into. them. that I don't know what to do with myself sometimes -.-"

Contrary to popular belief, they actually do play their instruments during lives (sometimes). They just say that they don't when they appear on TV/in public because it's part of their joke: we're musicians who suck at what we're doing, so much that you either hate or love us this way! They love to appear as big losers in general public's eyes. Though lately they've started to reveal some truth (LOL the fact that the guitarist does know how to play guitar & does play his guitar live sometimes). I found myself crying at the 'revelation' because fans knew it already LOL . They did perform as "Golden Boys" and shit during lives XD The guitarist plays for real when he doesn't do his 'thing' like getting drown in a bathtub and such XD Those who bother to look beyond 'Memeshikute' knew that they don't suck as much as their 'images' suggest ;) 

By the way, I've noticed that they don't have many international fans? Either we're really quiet people on the internet or there really are not many of us. This is amusing because they're totally mainstream in Japan. I think that the language barrier is one of the reasons why non-japanese people find it hard to stan them. They have tons of skits and such, and you won't find their skits to be funny (or sweet, even O.O ) if you don't understand japanese. :( I'm just a bit lucky because I can understand basic japanese.

Okay, enough about Golden Bomber.

So GB is the only band that I'm following now, but I do listen to other bands/groups at the same time. My music taste ranges from tokusatsu to idols to bands like back number, GReeeeN, UVERworld, T.M Revolution, abingdon boys school, Maximum the Hormone and the like, and if it's visual style bands, they're Nightmare, Gazetto (Filth in the Beauty and Silly God Disco are my style), Alice Nine (Q, Tsubasa, Shunkashuuto, Ruri no Ame) and I think GUILD has some catchy songs ;)

I can't say that I'm a huge fan of visual-kei in general, because I'm obviously not familiar with tons of vk bands out there (just a casual listener mostly, except for GB), but still, let's get along well ne :) 

Thanks for reading!!!

tumblr_oe8enuW9eC1qdhnelo2_500.gif

Edited by kisumi kinbaku

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll like it here and great introduction! :) I'm a fan of many different genres as well. Though, I do tend to deviate back to VK most of the time. Again, welcome and have fun!

1 hour ago, Kae-chan said:

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll like it here and great introduction! :) I'm a fan of many different genres as well. Though, I do tend to deviate back to VK most of the time. Again, welcome and have fun!

Thank you so much!

Yeah, I like what I've read so far! Hehe nice to meet you ;) 

Welcome, welcome~ Great introduction, it was a lovely read! Always cool to see someone with more of a mixed bag of music taste. I instantly spotted T.M Revolution, Alice Nine, and GUILD, ehe. Great stuff. Now I do hope you're able to look around the forums and enjoy yourself. For any help whatsoever, feel free to send a message to members with a blue/red name!

1 hour ago, beni said:

Welcome, welcome~ Great introduction, it was a lovely read! Always cool to see someone with more of a mixed bag of music taste. I instantly spotted T.M Revolution, Alice Nine, and GUILD, ehe. Great stuff. Now I do hope you're able to look around the forums and enjoy yourself. For any help whatsoever, feel free to send a message to members with a blue/red name!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Haha great stuff indeed ;) 

Hello and welcome! :)

I had no idea Kyan sometimes actually plays the guitar for real, that's cool. I love Golden Bomber, they are hilarious and Dakishimete Schwarz is my favorite karaoke jam. :D

14 minutes ago, qotka said:

Hello and welcome! :)

I had no idea Kyan sometimes actually plays the guitar for real, that's cool. I love Golden Bomber, they are hilarious and Dakishimete Schwarz is my favorite karaoke jam. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D And wow, a fellow GB fan! <3 

Ah, Dakishimete Schwarz is one of my favs too and they need to reveal the truth more often LOL!

7 minutes ago, kisumi kinbaku said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D And wow, a fellow GB fan! <3 

Ah, Dakishimete Schwarz is one of my favs too and they need to reveal the truth more often LOL!

LOL I think I've watched the version someone uploaded on YouTube like a hundred times!

Do you play twister... I mean use twitter? ;)

I also think the Yokubou no Uta video is the best tribute to v-kei anyone has ever done, and their performance at VJS knocked me off my feet. Have you seen it? :D 

1 hour ago, qotka said:

LOL I think I've watched the version someone uploaded on YouTube like a hundred times!

Do you play twister... I mean use twitter? ;)

I also think the Yokubou no Uta video is the best tribute to v-kei anyone has ever done, and their performance at VJS knocked me off my feet. Have you seen it? :D 

Hehe it can't be helped that they never fail to perform that song everytime too!

Yes, here's my twitter: https://twitter(dot)com/saite_kirikyan 

I'm not really active there though. I use it mainly for updates ;3 

Ohhh that video. It seems like it's quite popular here LOL! Yeah, eventhough I don't know much about bands like X and Malice Mizer, I'm happy that the PV got some great reviews by old-time vk fans! 

VJS 2016? I don't think I've seen their part. I think I've only watched the interview part or something...was it the one where they sang 'Memeshikute' together with Yoshiki? And then Kirisho was praised by ToshI and all right? You're so lucky to be able to go!