Sign in to follow this  
Euronymous

About "Sin" (Ex SKULL Vocalist)

Does anyone know exactly why SKULL disbanded and  where did Sin go after this?Just now i realized that i've  never searched more informations about him
cuz when i discovered SKULL the band had already finished it's activity .So do you guys know if him formed another band or just retired.thanks!

skull_new_look.png

Edited by Gichi Gichi

yeah,i'm awere about this,but i wasn't sure if Sin got into another band

once the others kept going,i wanted to make sure if i missed something

Edited by Gichi Gichi

SKULL was the peak of my VK fan-living life. They were the first band I actually collected their entire discography.

But... this is just a theory. 

SKULL wasn't a short lived band. If I'm not mistaken, they started anywhere from 2002-2004 (2004 I believe but I could be wrong). So they'd been around for a while until there was a PSC hosted live with them and BORN. I only know this because they disbanded while I was following them very closely. Shortly after that live it was announced BORN would join PSC and SKULL would disband. I'm thinking they just kind of got tired of trying to score higher than where they were. So I think that live is what decided if they wanted to continue or call it a good run and move on. 

After SKULL's disbandment, all members except Sin went on as a support band for Igaguri Chiba. (Yomi from Nightmare who is ironically good friends with Tenten... who later formed MBHI with 3 former SKULL members. small world.)

They did have the reunion live, but I'm convinced Sin has pretty much retired.

Edited by togz

Yeah apart from the MBHI-shattering SKULL reunion, I haven't seen any activity from Sin either :[

I found myself listening to SKULL in the car last night among others of better times <//3

5 hours ago, togz said:

They were the first band I actually collected their entire discography.

Do you still have this and can you share?

7 hours ago, sume7 said:

Do you still have this and can you share?

All I have anymore is a demo tape... and like 3 of their most recent cds with the new line up. I sold everything else back in 2009 :< and I've gone through about 2-3 computers since then.

14 hours ago, togz said:

I'm thinking they just kind of got tired of trying to score higher than where they were. So I think that live is what decided if they wanted to continue or call it a good run and move on. 

it just doesn't make much sense to me,their music were as good as any other famous vk band...if  all of them except for Sin got into another project,it makes me think that Sin was the point of the disbandment...bcuz them had a lot of potencial.MBHI was a waste of time,after all.I thought that band would be great. (thanks for the info)

Edited by Gichi Gichi

1 hour ago, Gichi Gichi said:

it just doesn't make much sense to me,their music were as good as any other famous vk band...if  all of them except for Sin got into another project,it makes me think that Sin was the point of the disbandment...bcuz them had a lot of potencial.MBHI was a waste of time,after all.I thought that band would be great. (thanks for the info)

Well that's just the thing about the VK scene. There's a lot more to it than just having good music. Absolutely their music was good. Great even. These members are well in to their 30's now, and were nearing their 30's around the time they disbanded. They had been doing the indie thing for a while. At some point (whether it be Sin or the whole band) they chose to decide if it was worth continuing. They can have the best music in the world but if they aren't getting signed despite their efforts and they're tired of just scraping by financially... it's an understandable choice to call it quits. 

Edited by togz

I think one thing people tend to forget when it comes to disbandments and all is that these are people in these bands with opinions and emotions. Maybe Sin just wasn't feeling it anymore? You can get tired of a job/hobby. I'm not saying that's the case, but I think people just instantly expect that when a band disbands that the members will instantly join another project. So it may have been financial, but regardless of the reason, its his decision and we as fans have no obligation to know why and where he is.

I remember these guys.

The band didn't catch on and they were getting older. Seeing guys a decade younger than you drawing bigger crowds and getting signed is pretty disheartening.  They aged out; plain and simple.

And when that happens some guys find ways to keep going part time, others just stop. 

Sign in to follow this