Rosebetz

the GazettE BALLAD BEST ALBUM 「TRACES VOL.2」2017.3.8 RELEASE

2 hours ago, Aeolus said:

You mean at 9:27?

that's in the album version mix, this mix just made it louder.

Edit: nvm it's in the single too so i have no idea what you're talking about

Huh, I don't remember that melody being there. 
Guess it's been a while since I've heard the song.

*EDIT: No wait, I mean at 10:53. That extra bit isn't in the original versions.

cassis is a downgrade (did it really need the signature major gazette thot backvocal track? idts), guren is very lovely.

ruki's voice sounds very hollow and kinda idk zolofted out?? on both, which hopefully is a bitrate issue.

Scrolled through Cassis, it didn't sound all that different, which was very disappointing, and now I'm worried that reira will also sound too much like the original. I mean, I didn't want or expect these songs to get an UNRAVELING treatment, but I wanted something more. After seeing the cover art, I started to imagine a darker sounding Cassis, maybe slowed down a bit, with no piano or acoustic guitars. I usually know better than to let album artwork mould my expectations, I don't know what has gotten into me. My opinions may change, since these are shitty quality radio rips being played through my shitty MacBook speakers...

I've always really liked 紅蓮, so I don't give a fuck if it sounds the same as the album version (though I didn't listen to that one entirely). It's a good song, sue me bitch.

I wonder if any other tracks will get corrected Engrish? Will RUKI actually pronounce the L in reiLa? I'm especially curious about the Engrish in 体温.

4 hours ago, emmny said:

its nice and all but like, was this really needed?

Seconding this. From my short skip-through everything sounded pretty much like they just went in the studio, played the songs and called it a day.

And from what I'm reading here that impression seems to hold even if you listen to the whole thing. In the end I will most likely check the entire record out anyway, but this hardly seems like a must-buy situation.

3 hours ago, nekkichi said:

cassis is a downgrade (did it really need the signature major gazette thot backvocal track? idts), guren is very lovely.

ruki's voice sounds very hollow and kinda idk zolofted out?? on both, which hopefully is a bitrate issue.

You do know that "gazette thot" has been present in the original version as well (not saying anyone would notice it immediately, since it was mixed badly)? Mind the "second voice" behind verse parts and "I WIRR WARK TOGEZA" parts there (the latter has been apparently dismissed in the rererecorded version)

Can't say much about Guren since I never warmed up to it except maybe arrangement-wise because intro riffage was always GOAT there (just to credit @Ro plz), but Cassis seems to be more on par with their current live renditions. Also:

THANK GOD Ruki changed English parts (almost) completely :)

As for "Unraveling" treatment that most peeps - incl. me - anticipated: while the idea itself may sound charming but pay attention to the fact that Gazette always strived to remain as the "stadium format band", which means any trademark tune would be more likely the same as it is remembered by their older fans and cherished by their newer fans as well.  THEY WILL PERFORM THESE RENDITIONS LIVE after this compilation, so mind their expected reaction AND purpose (i.e. anything but vast disappointment).

Edited by Alroy

Loved the naive, sweet cheek'd and funny sounding little boy who sang Cassis and Reila. Not a fan of these old men, astout professionals who clock in the studio at seven and go to bed at nine. 

These were kind of interesting, like hearing guitar parts I didn't recall, but new gazette and especially mid 30's vocal coached Ruki is not my thing at all.

1 hour ago, Carmelzors said:

You do know that "gazette thot" has been present in the original version as well

I always assumed they overlaid his own vocals, with a minor pitch shift.

howling thots were one of shitty fresh inclusions that arrived with stacked rubbish and stuck with them ever since (shadow X X L VI IX chorus had them as well, but they were not that grating yet.)

1 hour ago, Disposable said:

Loved the naive, sweet cheek'd and funny sounding little boy who sang Cassis and Reila.

nailed it.

Edited by nekkichi

10 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

I always assumed they overlaid his own vocals, with a minor pitch shift.

howling thots were one of shitty fresh inclusions that arrived with stacked rubbish and stuck with them ever since.

nailed it.

You could easily eliminate specific frequencies from Cassis with Audacity or any other track manipulation tool and notice this: backing vox do not even match any pitch/tone that Ruki has/had - whether natural or pitch-shifted ones. As for thots: they were present ever since their "Cassis"-single (Toguro, Bath Room, DLN, to name a few), except that they did not exhibit our good ol' "R'n'B"-ish attributes (FITB, Calm Envy, etc.).

But I won't be pushing debates here any further - just go and manipulate the whole NIL album (for instance) and hear it for yourself.

Edited by Alroy

26 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

You could easily eliminate specific frequencies from Cassis with Audacity or any other track manipulation tool and notice this: backing vox do not even match any pitch/tone that Ruki has/had

I think there used to be a specific self-confessional autism thread here, but don't quote me on that.

Cassis is one of my most hated balads and I'm sick of Guren, but the new Cassis is alright, I can totally stomach this since it's a lot softer and easier on the ears and the guitar sounds a lot more interesting. I still can't understand a word of Ruki's English so nothing changed there.

New Guren? Still a lame ass balad even if it sounds more polished.

Cassis is a boring, dime a dozen j-rock ballad. In fact, most of the ballads on this collection are.  Untitled is probably the most forgettable one on here. 

I'm still a Reila fan, but I hope they either shorten it or do something more interesting with those last two minutes, because the slow fade out in the original is lame. 

Overall, my feelings about Gazette aren't entirely positive anymore, and it's all Ruki's fault because I don't think he's a good songwriter and it seems like he's taken the lead with that lately. DOGMA got tons of praise for being different, but it wasn't. It does have a couple of the best tracks the band has put out in a while (Dogma, Rage, Grudge), but outside of those the album was typical Gazette fare with the only difference being it was all heavy with no ballads. 

I want Gazette to do some "soul searching". Revisiting stuff like Disorder, Madara, Gama, etc. would be a good idea. They've been stuck in this rut for over a decade and it really does feel like they're just doing a job now. 

Yeah,i always hated Cassis,and Ruki said in an interview that he doesnt like that song as well (except when playing on stage)

this album will take me back in time again when i was used to apreciate their music everyday

i hope the TRACE VOL.3 be some kind of "BEST MEMORIES" with their old school songs,like social riot machine,tokyo shinju,ruder,atc..

Edited by Gichi Gichi

4 hours ago, nekkichi said:

I think there used to be a specific self-confessional autism thread here, but don't quote me on that.

I thought that was more up your alley considering that you replaced your logical sentiments and arguments with blatant thotspeak (to use your fancy terms again, boy) ever since your identity burnout like 2-3 years ago.

Have a nice day. Here's hoping mods won't save your arse this time :)

I'm humbled I still have dedicated facade-swapping long standing fans on here, but keep up on ur own promises, dearest angle

quick reminder —

4 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

But I won't be pushing debates here any further.

18 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

(to use your fancy terms again, boy) ever since your identity burnout like 2-3 years ago.

c u in my xanax mom phase a few yrs down the line.

14 hours ago, ghost said:

Huh, I don't remember that melody being there. 
Guess it's been a while since I've heard the song.

*EDIT: No wait, I mean at 10:53. That extra bit isn't in the original versions.

ah now I see. I believe the lyrics were slightly changed right at that line.

On 18/2/2017 at 2:41 AM, Ozileras10 said:

TRACE VOL.2 BALLAD

Cassis and Guren  sound incredible IMO

F.L.A.B.B.E.R.G.A.S.T.E.D.

I can't wait for better quality, these new takes are damn gorgeous (especially Guren!)

UNTITLED, WITHOUT A TRACE, Shiroki Yuutsu and PLEDGE re-recordings are completely useless to me, Ruki's singing in PLEDGE sounds awful idk why maybe the mixing? But they made some interesting changes in Taion, can't wait to hear the full version!  

Edited by Kiryu999

"Hey if we just make all those violins and shit in the back LOUDER" the album. Obnoxious every bit of it, and only hearing the rest of Taion will get me downloading this.

This only makes it more obvious how similar Gazette's ballads are to each other. 

Granted, YouTube shit quality and all, but the drums sound terrible.