BrenGun

[suggestion] Japanese ROCK -> Visual Kei news, should be only for JAPANESE origin bands only

[suggestion] Japanese ROCK -> Visual Kei news, should be only for JAPANESE origin bands only  

21 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Japanese ROCK -> Visual Kei news, should be only for JAPANESE origin bands only

• It need an extra TAG ex. [FINLAND KEI] Topic Title
    • Visual Kei bands which origin isn't Japanese, should be moved to GLOBAL MUSIC. (whenever they are based in Japan or not)
    • No, keep them in JAPANESE ROCK

This already confused me for a long long time and each time, I think, why the hell does it appear in ]JAPANESE MUSIC] forum part.

BTW

VISUAL KEI IS VISUAL KEI

However it can be maybe annoying to get fooled if a band is not "Japanese Visual Kei"

So please read:

By bands such as DISREIGN and also solo artist such as Yohio, the Visual Kei news forum get mixed by Japanese, Chinese, etc Kei.
Since its also in the forum "JAPANESE MUSIC" <- then you also think YOU GET NEWS ONLY ABOUT JAPANESE MUSIC, by Japanese artist.
However, some bands moved to Japan.... but is a based band also really Japanese?  and not simple still GLOBAL?!

While Lilith news topic appears in the GLOBAL MUSIC FORUM, even if they are also Visual Kei and play a lot in Japan.  But okay they still do live in China.

However DOOMBOX SAID:

If the band is based in Japan it goes in the Japanese news sections.

Then you still get kinda fuckt, because you think you get Japanese but you get foreign.

It's like you think you get cookies but in the end you get totally something different. ->  then I prefer a TAG (in the topic title) to say that it's actually not "real" Japanese.

So Visual Kei bans around the world are plopping up, I want to suggest 2 options.

That all news about visual kei  foreign origin bands simple goes inside the GLOBAL MUSIC forum .  (whenever they are based in Japan or not)

Or To add an extra topic [TAG] inside the topic title for those bands  who decide to live in Japan

TAGS could be
[FOREIGN VK]
[CHINESE VK]
[FINLAND VK]

[NORWAY VK]
[SPAIN VK]

[GERMAN VK]

I personally don't care if a foreign artist sings in Japanese, or if they live in Japan, or if their music is amazing or not. As so long the members aren't BORN in Japan, then I don't call it "Japanese Visual Kei". I still do call it Visual Kei. And I also can enjoy their music very much. However personal I prefer it to have it an extra tag, where the band dudes are from.

For me it's confusing if a non-Japanese band such as DISREIGN with 0 real Japanese member appears in the JROCK MUSIC FORUM, Visual Kei news forum part. If you search for Japanese bands only, if you only want to read about Japanese kei, or if you simply want to avoid anything YOHIO is doing. You simply click each time on the news topic which you don't wanna visit.  Of course you can close it right away.
I also call "IN A SCAR" [SPAIN VK] or back then "Cinema Bizarre" [GERMAN VK]. Even if they would move to Japan, I would still call them like that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to bash any band. I really can enjoy GLOBAL Visual Kei. But if it's GLOBAL visual kei, I prefer to know each time from WHICH country they are. Also when they decided to LIVE in JAPAN. 

I don't care if the vocalist or a guitarist,drummer is someone from overseas, and that all other members are Japanese.  Then its still Japanese visual kei for me.
But if more than 2+ members aren't Japanese and aren't born in Japan, then well.. it feels as a Japanese who play with foreigner. XD

I wonder if I only think  like this.

So what you all think?

Edited by BrenGun

I get your point. and I'm fine either way, but I'd kinda want to support Visual Kei as a bigger global movement, even if 99% of non-japanese bands are terrble. So just because of that, I'd keep them mixed with the 'authentic' bands.

1 minute ago, orange~ said:

I get your point. and I'm fine either way, but I'd kinda want to support Visual Kei as a bigger global movement, even if 99% of non-japanese bands are terrble. So just because of that, I'd keep them mixed with the 'authentic' bands.

so even without a extra TAG?

At least that's for me the biggest confusing, to think that they are Japanese, but still get fooled at the end that they aren't XD

mmm.. if their japanese is so spotless, you can't tell the difference and their music is real. They're through their metamorphosis imo , no matter the race or origin.

We're one world - let's not create walls where there are none.

those bands are so terrible and corny anyway, so you won't be seeing much of them among japanese bands.

Edited by orange~

24 minutes ago, herpes said:

jesus

Just VOTE "NO" if you disagree. :D

27 minutes ago, orange~ said:

mmm.. if their japanese is so spotless, you can't tell the difference and their music is real. They're through their metamorphosis imo , no matter the race or origin.

We're one world - let's not create walls where there are none.

those bands are so terrible and corny anyway, so you won't be seeing much of them among japanese bands.

I don't want to create walls :D I just want to clear up confusion.
But Lolz to your last line:  but still, 2 of them are always plopping up over there... XD

@ruki11

I think it's nice if we have News (General) and News (Visual Kei)  forum, and not care where it from

That was already a suggestion long ago, but that one got denied. (>_<)

Edited by BrenGun

2 minutes ago, 『 A F E R N I 』 said:

If they classify themselves as Vkei...it goes in vkei lmao

I know that, but that's not the thing.

But its more to clean up the confusion. because if it appears now in Japanese Rock you think you get Japanese Visual Kei while you might get Finland Visual Kei.

Which can be simply to add a TAG in front of news topic of their origin if they aren't Japanese.
Or to put them in the global music forum with just the tag [Visual kei]

XD

Edited by BrenGun

To be completely honest, this is a non-issue. There really isn't an “foreign VK scene” to speak of. Lilith (and maybe DISREIGN) is the only band with consistently news-worthy announcements, and they're active in Japan so the point is moot. No one cares about BATAAR or Seike enough to even post about their projects.

No one is “confused” about a Finnish vk band appearing in the vk section once every six months.

But I agree, if you're posting about a Finnish band, feel free to tag it (which you already have the power to do) so that everyone knows they can ignore the post.

I support this idea and I propose that we take it one step further by imposing strict eugenics on all bands, since there might be members of not 100% pure Japanese descent who mask themselves as members of the purported master race.

It's time we start a fund to send one of the fine gentlemen who are an expert in this field to Japan in order to meticulously measure the skulls and ensure the racial purity of our Japanese musicians. Perhaps we can make various sub-forums for degrees of Japanese-ness in order to let people decide on their own tolerance for racial deviation? Maybe they're fine with bands who have members who show slightly Caucasoid/Negroid facial traits but not so much as it shows in their skin tone for example?

...Or we just don't care. I'm the last person to think swede-kei and the various other weeaboo scenes are anything to listen to, but honestly, if a band is based in Japan, sings in Japanese, has it's social circles in the Japanese Visual scene, the only thing separating them is race. Kind of silly to make a deal out of, in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, inartistic said:

No one is “confused” about a Finnish vk band appearing in the vk section once every six months.

To be completely honest, this is a non-issue. There really isn't an “foreign VK scene” to speak of. Lilith (and maybe DISREIGN) is the only band with consistently news-worthy announcements, and they're active in Japan so the point is moot. No one cares about BATAAR or Seike enough to even post about their projects.

because nobody came up with it? I already felt confused for longer time. But never really thought to suggest it or to start a real discussion. But I always thought, why is it posted here?! -_-
Also if nobody cares much about such kind of bands, then it all can go into GLOBAL MUSIC isn't? even the stuff from YOHIO...

9 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

...Or we just don't care. I'm the last person to think swede-kei and the various other weeaboo scenes are anything to listen to, but honestly, if a band is based in Japan, sings in Japanese, has it's social circles in the Japanese Visual scene, the only thing separating them is race. Kind of silly to make a deal out of, in my opinion.

But it's also as same as stupid to be want to be "Japanese" if you are not Japanese at all, since that's also weeaboo at highest level.

But nope it's not the RACE thing. It's simply to let someone know the country they are from. It has nothing to do with racism.
It's also more easy to find visual kei bands from the same country if things where tagged like that, tho.

Edited by BrenGun

1 minute ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Here's an easy solution:

check the topic -> see that they're not japanese -> move along.

Lolz, as if people don't do that now.

However a TAG would it also make more easy to find more visual kei bands from the same country.

To be a bit serious:

As inartistic said, it's a non-issue. Especially if the band is signed in Japan, gig at visual kei livehouses, release their music in vk stores, hangs around in the visual kei social circles etc. The only thing dividing them from the Japanese bands are their origin - which is kinda stupid.

Also how far are you willing to drag this?

Chaos from Insanity Injection is Italian, should their band also be in the global music section? I mean, god forbid you listen to a vocalist who isn't japanese. :roll:

Just now, Takadanobabaalien said:

To be a bit serious:

As inartistic said, it's a non-issue. Especially if the band is signed in Japan, gig at visual kei livehouses, release their music in vk stores, hangs around in the visual kei social circles etc. The only thing dividing them from the Japanese bands are their origin - which is kinda stupid.

Also how far are you willing to drag this?

Chaos from Insanity Injection is Italian, should their band also be in the global music section? I mean, god forbid you listen to a vocalist who isn't japanese. :roll:

Yes, it is a non-issue.
Still, you get fooled each time ne?!

And I don't give a fuck about if your band is based in Japan or not, you are still not JAPANESE.

But not that far tho Just for bands such as "DISREIGN" which all members are not born and raised in Japan.

Bands such as " Insanity Injection " are totally fine.

That's why I also say, we could give it a TAG.  For those who don't wanna check up bands with less real  Japanese origin plus, if you TAG you also can find more bands of the same country who play visual kei.

lmao, and adding the japanese ending particle "ne" to a full english sentence isn't weeaboo behaviour.

"And I don't give a fuck about if your band is based in Japan or not, you are still not JAPANESE."

pretty sure nobody claimed that they were but yeah.

anyway, you're obviously free to have your opinion, i think most ppl dont agree with you though. 

6 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

lmao, and adding the japanese ending particle "ne" to a full english sentence isn't weeaboo behaviour.

"And I don't give a fuck about if your band is based in Japan or not, you are still not JAPANESE."

pretty sure nobody claimed that they were but yeah.

anyway, you're obviously free to have your opinion, i think most ppl dont agree with you though. 

Yes, because people always love to be weeaboo or to call someone weeaboo :D

Well to say;

If the band is based in Japan it goes in the Japanese news sections.

It claims:  if a foreign visual kei band is  based in Japan, that are Japanese so they belong in the Japanese news section.

Yup, I don't care if people don't agree, but then at least I've ASKED.

But still 3 people agreed.  even voted for -> not real japanese -> global forum.

Anyway, I close this up tomorrow evening. (That's long enough)

We got only 12 votes.  3 against 9.

10 minutes ago, Euthanasia said:

lol I don't like yohio and his gang myself but there's no point to divide groups because of their races. If you don't like it just ignore the threads. The whole "confusion" argument sounds like BS to me.

I agree with you! (Although I like Yohio)

11 minutes ago, Euthanasia said:

lol I don't like yohio and his gang myself but there's no point to divide groups because of their races. If you don't like it just ignore the threads. The whole "confusion" argument sounds like BS to me.

@Serox same for you.

It's noting against YOHIO and his gang. They are simple an example. because they are most famous. Lol.

However, if you disagree or think that the confusing is just BULLSHIT, then please vote "NO".

and it's noting about, to divide groups because of their RACES. -_-

Edited by BrenGun