Takadanobabaalien

General news and drama regarding Rockstar Records

From Kiryu (Betty)'s twitter:

"Sorry for whitewashing everything for so long. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone now, it's just that I no longer want to keep on lying to the fans who have supported us for so long.

Also, my fellow label mates, band friends and senpai's think I should talk about this as well - so I'm doing it.

First of all, there's really no reason for our disbandment, but it's not like any of us really wanted it to end like this.

We've been active for a year and a half without having a single flyer made and no music released. No matter how many years we would continue it would still be the same, so we see no reason to do so.

We've always had in mind to get more fans and increase our sales. But no matter how long we waited, we got no studio time or any flyers made. Despite all this we always kept on cheering on each other, believing in each other and giving it our all.

We though "maybe it's easier if we just use our own money and do this?" But we weren't allowed by our management.

No goods, no releases and we never felt "free".

But we still had to pay for our own costumes, all our traveling expenses, expenses for support member. Some members even had to lend money to the label.

Not letting us do anything was basically our labels policy.

I'm just explaining simple now but for example at gigs, our money were used for other bands without us even knowing about it. 

In the end, NOTHING was used for us.

So where the hell did all the money go?

I think I don't need to tell you, because you guys probably already know. In our label there's a certain band that stands out from the rest of us, which has been using much more money than us, well... If our labels policy was for them to drag in money for us I don't have any complaints but it wasn't like that, and I have no understanding for how ZERO money ended up being spent on us.

ALL of our money was spent on Avanchick. And everything bad had to been payed by us, Betty.

Flyers, CD's, Goods, NOTHING was OK for us to make.

If we can't get any fans, then we're the ones who get called a bad band, even though in reality it's not our fault as we haven't been given a chance.

Just for how long was this supposed to go on?

The limit has been reached not only by me, but for all members in Betty.

We were told in DM "If you guys want fans, then fucking get to work"

I kept repeating for myself that time has changed, and in the vk scene today you have to work much more for yourself as well.

I kept on doing it for a while even though I always felt it was very strange, and I wasn't able to understand why we had to do it.

And at that time I was called by Noa from Avanchick.

"Would you please stop approaching our fans?"

"Can you please stop inviting our fans to your gig?"

Was what he told me.

I felt a lot of different things, especially that there was enormous misunderstandings. But as a Kouhai I bowed my head and asked him for forgiveness. 

As his label mate, his friend and his kouhai I simply felt that asking for forgiveness would be the only right thing after having made him feel uncomfortable.

"You can't go to this bands live"

"You're not allowed to become someone elses fan"

I think having lots of bands that you like is totally fine, all bands are fun in different ways, isn't that what music is about?

But if this is a rule that Avanchick has then I simply thought that there's nothing to do about it.

This is not about if I'm right, or if Avanchick is right. Everyone thinks differently and everyone is different. If that is Noa's rule then I guess in his own way he is right. We never had intentions of being in the way for someone or causing any trouble. 

I think that using another band this much is very wrong. But I always saw us as good friends, and them as good senpais and us as good kouhais. Therefore I really wanted us to do a last live together. I wanted us to end this on good terms. 

But apparently he thought differntly 

-Kiryu posts a picture from Line where Nao says that he doesn't want to attend their gig because they will lose fans for giging with them-

"

Okay this is all for now. I think he might continue writing a bit more, if so I'll translate it tomorrow cus I need to sleep. 

Be aware there might be some errors in the text, but all in all i'd say it's correct.

Edited by Uglymouth

He's since Tweeted that he's had people buy their Checkis and be like "When are we getting a CD???" to which he had to make up some bullshit "Soon :)" response, knowing it wouldn't happen.

A year and a half is a long time to devote so much time and energy into something that whole-heartedly exploits you. Like their music or not, they definitely got gipped.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

more like avanDICK +1

trashy label and trashy label mate. i too suspected everyones money was feeding avanchick. i hope more bands speak out about these kind of issues so the labels will learn their lesson.

I was wondering why Avanchick was getting more attention than the other bands

avanDICK +2  I hope karma comes back to haunt them

*devil kitty is also replying to kiryu's tweet, but I can't understand them lol

Edited by midi:nette

What the hell is happening. 

This is going to be a huuuuge mess.

But why label has chosen AvanChick???? 

Like....

i can't believe that this thing is happening with Noah. Like...wtf??? HARD TO BELIEVE.

okay... now Kiryu will be famous because of this.

2 minutes ago, appl- said:

i can't believe that this thing is happening with Noah. Like...wtf??? HARD TO BELIEVE.

Agree. As a fan of Avanchick this was indeed surprising. I feel sorry for Betty ): 

noah's known to be a bitch, so not surprised its from him

its embarassing because hasn't this guy been in bands from like 2004? im pretty sure he's way older than anyone in avanchick, its annoying that noah wants to act like a hotshot just bc of his band. so that whole senpai/kohai thing is based off popularity im guessing, rather than actual experience--which seems so fucking backward lmfao

also this label preference thing isn't news, its a thing by shitty mgmt who puts all their finances behind their cash cow band. there was a lot of drama back in the day about psc bands being shafted for gazette's purposes, and im sure a lot of other labels have this happening implicitly too (kiryu vs codomo dragon, for say). where this is embarassing is where it reveals their money was directly given to avanchick's promotions, which is totally fucked up

im happy he's dragging noa, u go kiryu

Edited by emmny

4 minutes ago, Euthanasia said:

Agree. As a fan of Avanchick this was indeed surprising. I feel sorry for Betty ): 

or maybe Kiryu is just a jelous man and can't accept it that Avanchick is a good band. lol

Maybe it's just a misunderstanding with that LINE stuff. but.... we don't know what is true.

Noah why.

The limit has been reached not only by me, but for all members in Betty.

BETTY?

what means betty? isn't this topic about Devil Kitty?

Kiryu? the band? person ? eh whut?

I don't get it.

but after all Devil Kitty had to cut off the plug way sooner.

A label who does nothing, doesn't allow you anything, why the hell would you stay.

The topic is about Devil Kitty leaving, but because if their announcement to secede a lot of other Rockstar Records bands came forward and spoke out about how things suck for them.

Kiryu (希龍), in this context, is the vocalist of Betty. The tweets Uglymouth translated were from his Twitter.

Kiryu, in Emmny's post, was actually the band signed to BP Records.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

50 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Kiryu, in Emmny's post, was actually the band signed to BP Records.

LMFAO bad example on my part, totally forgot this dude's name is also kiryu

@UglymouthQWEEN WHAT ARE THE DK MEMBERS' comments

So... does this explain why Rockstar's BLACK MARKET GANG I compilation sounded like such a mess?

I got the distinct impression, from the one time I listened to it, that every song EXCEPT for Avanchick's had bad quality recording. Like, bad mastering/mixing or whatever you call it. Also not enough auto-tuning to fix the vocals, so I ended up disliking every song except Avanchick's and maybe Devil Kitty's.

idk maybe it's just my bad ears or my bias because I was already a fan of Avanchick and had never heard of any of the other bands before.

7 hours ago, Uglymouth said:

We were told in DM "If you guys want fans, then fucking get to work"

I kept repeating for myself that time has changed, and in the vk scene today you have to work much more for yourself as well.

i'm double posting like a dick, thanks for the great translation @Uglymouth, but this part is slightly mistaken and it's an interesting look "behind the curtain" for VK i hope you don't mind if i offer an alternative and elaborate:
"I was told to fucking do some eigyou to get some more fans, so we sent DMs and even did romantic eigyou.
Well, I did it all while telling myself maybe that kind of eigyou is needed these days..."

eigyou literally means "work/business" but in the host world (and in the vk world bc same thing) it means the way you build relationships with your customers to keep them coming back and spending regardless of your actual feelings toward them. there's friend eigyou, girlfriend eigyou/romantic eigyou. those in-store pictures where bandmen are posed lovingly embracing their fans and nearly kissing them are known as "excessive eigyou". 

35 minutes ago, cvltic said:

i'm double posting like a dick, thanks for the great translation @Uglymouth, but this part is slightly mistaken and it's an interesting look "behind the curtain" for VK i hope you don't mind if i offer an alternative and elaborate:
"I was told to fucking do some eigyou to get some more fans, so we sent DMs and even did romantic eigyou.
Well, I did it all while telling myself maybe that kind of eigyou is needed these days..."

eigyou literally means "work/business" but in the host world (and in the vk world bc same thing) it means the way you build relationships with your customers to keep them coming back and spending regardless of your actual feelings toward them. there's friend eigyou, girlfriend eigyou/romantic eigyou. those in-store pictures where bandmen are posed lovingly embracing their fans and nearly kissing them are known as "excessive eigyou". 

Thanks for the correction. I appreciate it :D Now that you mention it, I've heard about the slang before, but I'll blame it on me being up way too late two days in a row instead of my poor japanese skills! :P 

Also, I probably won't be on MH so much for the comming 2-3 days so go ahead and translate the rest if you feel like it. Otherwise I'll do it on sunday :)

@emmny
u got it. this girl needs to buy some fucking punctuation tho

Aya △taso: Everyone thank you you all worked hard for me and reported on the recent situation so I was able to remain mentally stable I wouldn't be able to smile so much without you guys  
I bought a ridiculous amount of center spot tickets from Noa at high prices and while the cheki money and the money on tickets he gave to people for free to get more followers and everything else won't come back this [presumably Noa being exposed] makes it all better

Aya △taso: After making shit up about me intentionally filling spots with my friends and me being high on drugs he banned me from shows and I put up with it for these six months and I'm at last rewarded

I thought you were pretty nuts for pretending to be Yuuga and sending DMs, and for calling me to Kabukicho in the name of your label but will you be able to pay back your senpai's money you used up~? [Real first name]-kun how are you going to take responsibility~

Addendum, there has been drama about Avanchick selling high numbers/giving tickets away and banning people (including Ayataso, the girl above) from shows on tanuki because of inter-fan drama nonstop so a bunch of former Avanchick gya are going buckwild on this girl's twitter if you look at her retweets. Since the line gets a little blurry between news/gya talk here I'll keep it short but they're quite eager to see their American performance canceled, Ayataso practically doxxed Noa (I left out his real first name bc I think it's a little dicey to include but his whole name is out there because of this), his Yuuga impersonation was apparently done from another account and he did it to multiple people.

@Uglymouthno problem, this is a doozy so i'll probably only touch any super juicy bits anyway lol