hiroki

Ongakusenkasha (publisher of SHOXX) files for bankruptcy

Ongakusenkasha, which publishes the monthly visual kei magazine SHOXX, ceases operations and files for bankruptcy. The company owes an estimated 4 hundred million yen in debt.

Source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160920-00010000-teikokudb-ind

Edited by hiroki

Omg I just saw bandmen posting about this on twitter!! I was hoping that I was misreading it (read the article like 3-4 times) 。゚(。pдq。)゚。

They said a lot of it had to do with the rise of info being available online and whatnot now yeah? The internet is a blessing and a curse... ><

I still can't believe it... granted I haven't bought a SHOXX magazine in years but... T_T

44 minutes ago, Elazmus said:

Almost every plane of my walls are covered in SHOXX VK posters....

...What do I do from now on...?

Take them down, perhaps?

Bankruptcy? So the magazine wasn't selling well?

Anyway, it's so sad that the magazine that had an essential role on the history of visual kei will die.

The last issue, the 285th, will be released in november. Here is the cover:

91YYCTR56iL.jpg

Edited by IGM_Oficial

I didn't really read the article closely, but it seems like the company that produced Shoxx and a few other magazines as well went under, not Shoxx itself specifically. They could have been doing fine but not well enough to keep the other publications afloat.

1 hour ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I didn't really read the article closely, but it seems like the company that produced Shoxx and a few other magazines as well went under, not Shoxx itself specifically. They could have been doing fine but not well enough to keep the other publications afloat.

Occasionally you find that if a profitable enterprise goes down because the parent company couldn't manage to stay afloat for whatever reason, another company swoops in to buy that particular part of the business and keeps it going. I have no idea if that's even remotely likely or even technically possible in this particular case but, eh, who knows.

Edited by Pho

4 hours ago, Pho said:

Occasionally you find that if a profitable enterprise goes down because the parent company couldn't manage to stay afloat for whatever reason, another company swoops in to buy that particular part of the business and keeps it going. I have no idea if that's even remotely likely or even technically possible in this particular case but, eh, who knows.

The way the market is looking there are no buyers.

i am sad only because where else am i going to get those nice wide chekis you can sometimes win ?? some other magazine should start giving them away