Sign in to follow this  
SilverEspeon__

YOHIO declared ambassador for Visual Kei app

(I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to post this)

Um... Even as a fan, I don't know how I feel about this...

CrATFmaWgAEHu9B.jpg:large

I feel happy for him, but at the same time, I'm like "Why???"... I get it, it's a Visual Kei app and stuff, but... I just don't know...

EDIT: Found an English Version:

CrASsP5W8AAN6yF.jpg:large

Edited by SilverEspeon__
Changed the title to something more appropriate.

This is the full text provided by shattered tranquility. Link below as always (also pro-tip S-T admins: disabling right click does not stop me from diving into the page source and copying your HTML you might want to fix that ;) )

http://shattered-tranquility.net/index.php/08/28/yohio-declared-ambassador-for-new-visual-kei-app/

The way you enjoy visual kei is about to change.

VisUnite is an app–yes, an app that you can download on your phone or other mobile device– created in Japan that aims to modernize the promotion of and participation in the visual kei scene. Through special in-app features that allow you to show support for your favorite artists, you and the artists can earn rewards. On the band’s side, this can include opportunities to participate in events, magazine coverage, ads, and more.

This app will also become available to overseas users in an attempt to re-strengthen visual kei’s popularity and development overseas. That’s why YOHIO (DISREIGN, ex. Seremedy) has been declared an official ambassador for the app. His official statement regarding the title is:

VisUnite_mainbaner_eng

“I am convinced that VisUnite will bring a new revolution to the Visual-kei world. I also hope to do my best to boost the Visual-kei industry.” -YOHIO

While VisUnite hasn’t been released yet, pre-order requests are currently being accepted. You can check out more information on their official site (currently available in English and Japanese). S-T will also be updating you as we learn more!

Source: VisUnite, press release

• Who declared YOHIO the ambassador for this app? I understand the rationale behind why him (to be frank there isn't anyone better) and I think it's pretty cool that someone remembers international fans exist, but everything from the creation and marketing of this app sounds vague.
    • No but seriously what company is writing this app? Usually when building a phone app you mention the company at least once at the beginning, even briefly.
  • "pre-order requests"
    • sounds like this is a paid app.
  • "show support for your favorite artists"
    • I have a really hard time interpreting this as either a veiled attempt at donating funds to bands or some type of page where you click a button, look at pretty previews, and then go do something else
  • "Modernizing the promotion and participation in the visual kei scene"
    • sounds...promising actually. Will bands use this to promote exclusive PVs, secret lives, or previews of songs ahead of release dates? Would you be able to buy tickets to a show through the app and give the band a cut? Or will lives and tour finals actually be streamed through the app? There's lot of potential here to be honest.
  • "this can include opportunities [for the band] to participate in events, magazine coverage, ads, and more"
    • sounds dangerous to be honest. any sort of "rewards for rewards" system will incentivize people to cheat the system.
    • unless they mean this as another avenue of exposure for bands and that the app creators themselves aren't promising anything...which seems kind of stupid. why market your app as being able to cause events you can't guarantee?
  • "earn rewards"
    • So do we get cool rewards like CDs or trash rewards like cheki which probably cost more to ship than they're worth? Or do we get useless rewards like tickets that none of us can cash in? And will these rewards actually be shipped overseas? Rewards needs to be carefully thought out if you want international fans to participate.

1 hour ago, inartistic said:

I have doubts that the app will appear and be functional/useful, but good luck to them. I like the idea

That's why I have mixed feelings about it. I like the idea too, but will the app even be useful or even work? But I guess we'll just have to wait...

44 minutes ago, Zeus said:

This is the full text provided by shattered tranquility. Link below as always (also pro-tip S-T admins: disabling right click does not stop me from diving into the page source and copying your HTML you might want to fix that ;) )

http://shattered-tranquility.net/index.php/08/28/yohio-declared-ambassador-for-new-visual-kei-app/

• Who declared YOHIO the ambassador for this app? I understand the rationale behind why him (to be frank there isn't anyone better) and I think it's pretty cool that someone remembers international fans exist, but everything from the creation and marketing of this app sounds vague.
    • No but seriously what company is writing this app? Usually when building a phone app you mention the company at least once at the beginning, even briefly.
  • "pre-order requests"
    • sounds like this is a paid app.
  • "show support for your favorite artists"
    • I have a really hard time interpreting this as either a veiled attempt at donating funds to bands or some type of page where you click a button, look at pretty previews, and then go do something else
  • "Modernizing the promotion and participation in the visual kei scene"
    • sounds...promising actually. Will bands use this to promote exclusive PVs, secret lives, or previews of songs ahead of release dates? Would you be able to buy tickets to a show through the app and give the band a cut? Or will lives and tour finals actually be streamed through the app? There's lot of potential here to be honest.
  • "this can include opportunities [for the band] to participate in events, magazine coverage, ads, and more"
    • sounds dangerous to be honest. any sort of "rewards for rewards" system will incentivize people to cheat the system.
    • unless they mean this as another avenue of exposure for bands and that the app creators themselves aren't promising anything...which seems kind of stupid. why market your app as being able to cause events you can't guarantee?
  • "earn rewards"
    • So do we get cool rewards like CDs or trash rewards like cheki which probably cost more to ship than they're worth? Or do we get useless rewards like tickets that none of us can cash in? And will these rewards actually be shipped overseas? Rewards needs to be carefully thought out if you want international fans to participate.

This is also why I have some mixed feelings about this app (by the way, I read the article before posting this). Like, I don't want to pay for an app that won't even be useful. And even as a fan of YOHIO, this sounds a bit odd in my opinion... And everything seems oddly vague for some reason now that I look back at it... But it has some potential that could make it a decent app. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the final product will be.

Edited by SilverEspeon__

17 minutes ago, Uglymouth said:

Pretty strange, but if done right it could be pretty cool. Although I'm sure the rewards will be useless to anyone not living in Japan, unfortunately. 

Yeah, it could. We'll just have to wait and see... And true. It's very unfortunate :/

According to the FAQ, you can support an artist by sending "LO▼U" to them. You get 1 LO▼U every fifteen minutes, and it is free but you can buy V points in the store and exchange it for more LO▼U (12 V points for 1 LO▼U). There are artist rankings updated every hour by how much LO▼U they have received and there is also a gya ranking for fans (lol) according to how much LO▼U they have sent. There will be monthly events with artists performing and fans can receive invitations to them and presents.

3 hours ago, The MAD Stallion said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the bands that support this app are majority Swed-Kei and low tier Vk-indies bands.

I have hard time believing this is for all of VK.

That's what I was thinking as well. When checking the app pictures/description, the only featured band is DISREIGN. So maybe Yohio is the creator/hired someone to do this? I don't know but yeah.

EDIT: Also since when the hell does the Japanese visual kei bands/community care for their western fans? lol

Edited by Uglymouth

1 hour ago, Uglymouth said:

That's what I was thinking as well. When checking the app pictures/description, the only featured band is DISREIGN. So maybe Yohio is the creator/hired someone to do this? I don't know but yeah.

EDIT: Also since when the hell does the Japanese visual kei bands/community care for their western fans? lol

most of them just want to go overseas because it's promotion for them in japan...

It's always good for them to tell everyone we were playing a good tour in EU/USA etc

Well most non-Japanese vk fans don't give 2 shits abt YOHIO
And all Japanese gya I know don't give a shit either

13 hours ago, Nagisa said:

According to the FAQ, you can support an artist by sending "LO▼U" to them. You get 1 LO▼U every fifteen minutes, and it is free but you can buy V points in the store and exchange it for more LO▼U (12 V points for 1 LO▼U). There are artist rankings updated every hour by how much LO▼U they have received and there is also a gya ranking for fans (lol) according to how much LO▼U they have sent. There will be monthly events with artists performing and fans can receive invitations to them and presents.

This seems like it's gonna spiral outta control real quick if it's dealing with indiefag Japanese VK bands
Like let's be real all their mitsus that work in the ~adult entertainment industry~ will have all the money and get their bands all the points, therefore they have more say/control in how much/what the band is able to do, right?
How is this any different than in real life other than exposing who has the most time and money for them? LOL

Edited by ぺるしゃ猫

13 hours ago, Nagisa said:

Oh, alright! That's cool!

12 hours ago, The MAD Stallion said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the bands that support this app are majority Swed-Kei and low tier Vk-indies bands.

I have hard time believing this is for all of VK.

Me too to be honest :/ (and I mean it)

20 minutes ago, ぺるしゃ猫 said:

Well most non-Japanese vk fans don't give 2 shits abt YOHIO
And all Japanese gya I know don't give a shit either

This seems like it's gonna spiral outta control real quick if it's dealing with indiefag Japanese VK bands
Like let's be real all their mitsus that work in the ~adult entertainment industry~ will have all the money and get their bands all the points, therefore they have more say/control in how much/what the band is able to do, right?
How is this any different than in real life other than exposing who has the most time and money for them? LOL

I've noticed that. :/ But I knew this was the case from the start (I did my research back when I first discovered YOHIO)

Well, you have a point... But I think we should wait and see what will happen.

2 minutes ago, SilverEspeon__ said:

I've noticed that. :/ But I knew this was the case from the start (I did my research back when I first discovered YOHIO)

Well, you have a point... But I think we should wait and see what will happen.

Either that or it's gonna be a flop
One or the other
There is no inbetween
Japanese bangya are wild

On 8/29/2016 at 3:45 AM, SilverEspeon__ said:

(I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to post this)

Um... Even as a fan, I don't know how I feel about this...

CrATFmaWgAEHu9B.jpg:large

I feel happy for him, but at the same time, I'm like "Why???"... I get it, it's a Visual Kei app and stuff, but... I just don't know...

EDIT: Found an English Version:

CrASsP5W8AAN6yF.jpg:large

I didn't read every post in this topic, so if someone already mentioned this I'm sorry for just repeating this... anyway I'm pretty sure his ex bandmate, Seike, has something to do with something called VisualUnite, but I'm not sure if they'd be the same thing? I scanned a bit through the visualunite instagram page and didn't see anything about an app... But I'd think if this has anything to do with visualunite and isn't something completely different that YOHIO would have something to do with it since he's someone Seike knows fairly well and seems to be big in the western visual scene. 

If anyone knows more about VisualUnite, or if anything I said was incorrect please feel free to correct me...

Edit: I feel the same way though, even as a fan I just think 'why' I really don't think he should be representing this...

Edited by alpurrt

seeing ''the visual kei'' twice in that description in the first post makes me think of old people referring to pokemon as ''the pokeymans'' or some shit like that

also there is literally NO way this app isn't gonna flop/end up turning into VK tinder/grindr or some shit like that

Sign in to follow this