Trombe

DIV will disband

Wow. I'm actually quite surprised. They seemed to be doing quite well.

Even though I wasn't as in to their new stuff compared to their old stuff, I'll miss them.

This just sucks so bad... .__. I'm gonna miss them... </3

Chisa looked so disinterested and bored in their last music video. It kinda gave me the feeling that this would happen. Wasn't a fan, but it's still sad to hear.

They had their peak during ZERO ONE, then I started losing interest, but they were still interesting enough and delivered some solid songs among the less stellar ones.

It didn't seem they were doing too bad, but I can't possibly be surprised by any disbandment news anymore.

Edited by saltofstones

Disheartening - they were one of the few pop-rock groups I enjoyed in the scene.  I'll miss their sound and this is a total bummer.

The electro-pop route on the last few releases was something I didn't like as much as their early releases - but I have plenty of songs from them that I still adore to this day.

Damn it. :(

I hope they show up in new projects. I didn't like their electropop songs that much either but I was hoping it was just a phase and they'd eventually move onto something else. 

They were one of the few bands consistently releasing good songs, and one of the obvious choices of bands next to go major or something... quite a shame.

used translator to read Chobi's comments, but apparently this is another "differences in music directions" kind of disbandment, right?

dude decided to leave xTRiPx during their more electronic-oriented era too, so I don't know if he is into this kind of sound and other band members aren't, or vice versa...

In any case, Shogo is the heart of this band in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure he will find his feet again soon (maybe back with Yoshito and K? one can dream...)

Edited by chemicalpictures

WOW...these guys were among my active favorites. I enjoyed their musical evolution, so it's both sad and unexpected to see them call it quits. =/

Wow, super unexpected...  I can at least see why Satoshi is leaving now, because he became fairly useless when they started doing so  much programmed drumming and beats with their electro stuff.

4 hours ago, saltofstones said:

They had their peak during ZERO ONE, then I started losing interest, but they were still interesting enough and delivered some solid songs among the less stellar ones.

I agree! I actually thought they were on the upswing again with this latest mini (I liked "Tokyo, nettaiya ni tsuki" so much better than "Ikenai KISS" or "SECRET NIGHT"), though, as @doombox described, I was hoping it was just a brief 'experiment.'

Damn... I was another was that was liking their musical direction... I loved all three albuns and Ikenai Kiss a lot. What a pity =(

I really never thought I'd see DIV and disband in one sentence together... They've really been steady with their releases, and always a pleasure to see and hear from them. Truly devastating.

2 hours ago, fitear1590 said:

I agree! I actually thought they were on the upswing again with this latest mini (I liked "Tokyo, nettaiya ni tsuki" so much better than "Ikenai KISS" or "SECRET NIGHT"), though, as @doombox described, I was hoping it was just a brief 'experiment.'

Reminds me I need to give that mini another listen, I only went through it once I think and nothing really stuck. Especially since it doesn't seem  we'll be getting a final release.

But overall they have so many songs that don't seem to get old (it figures tho, because that includes almost the entirety of ZERO ONE).

They definitely left their mark on the scene for me. Can only think of two other poppy-VK bands I kind of like.

Prince Chan and Chobi leaves and chisa and shogo disbands? IS THIS APRILS FOOL DAY? I thought daizystripper would be next. Musical direction? After 4 years?  After 4 years , you don't leave D;