Trombe

Trombe has disbanded

The topic title really made me laugh.  even if the news is totally sad and shit news.

I know the details behind it and I still think that the staff should not have cared of his actions. also people who felt down because trombe did do something.

Anyway this shows again how ++++++ MH actually is.

I wished that Trombe just could do what he want in the news section. but well..

Shit happens.

Then let's follow the Japanese news feeders on twitter :D

13 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

i see resident trolls are happy about Trombe departure. thats sad because in the end trolls are probably also part of the reason for Trombe departure. sad to see moderators also siding with trolls.

i hope Trombe will make his own site for news updates where people who are happy about indie bands being covered can view this. this site probably be completely useless to me now. 

Okay let me stop you here. 

Who is siding with trolls? You mean the mods made a decision and certain members actually understand why and aren't sad about it. How about you try not to instigate this being something it is not. 

I have absolutely no clue what's going on since I'm not that active anymore but Trombe was an amazing user who kept this community alive with his constant news posts. If it wasn't for him, I have a feeling the forum wouldn't look as active. 

Again, I'm not sure what's going on or what Trombe did but if it was mild, I'd hope he reconsider leaving the forum. 

I'm just sad I never got to find out who/what Trombe is, and how they manage to post 24/7 (job???)

Btw, I just wanna take this opportunity to invite everyone to weloveucp.com―maybe now the news won't be 3 months old by the time I get around to posting it B)

What are some other barely-current vk news sources? Shattered Tranquility, ... ?

Edited by inartistic

19 minutes ago, inartistic said:

What are some other barely-current vk news sources?

do what I do, just follow infinite bandomen on twitter

21 minutes ago, leafwork said:

do what I do, just follow infinite bandomen on twitter

On a serious note, I've found it much harder to keep up with minor news since Twitter changed their timeline algorithm .-. It's so frustrating

Trombe's leaving.

I don't know why you were banned nor the motivation of your rule-breaking behavior, but the fact that you made an amazing work can't be denied.

Monochrome heaven and the international visual kei fan community won't be the same without you.

So, thank you.

What the heck?? I don't know the events that brought up to this decision, but this is a hard hit for me, since one of the most things I've ever enjoyed here on MH was the daily news about known bands and the introduction of new acts. Compared to other sites, like VKH Press, SR JRock or JaME, the news here are fresh and complete, because you get accidentally to know something that you are going to love for a lot of time...

@TrombeI wish you the best and I thank you for all the great work you have done...

I hope that someone will be good on tracking fresh news as Trombe did, or MH will not be the same anymore...

3 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

Is this how Trombe and his fellow stans like @Danaoare envisioning his current state?

I am not his pet, nor his friend, nor anything to him at all. 

I am posting in this drama thread for the simple reason that VK news is the main reason why I am here on  MH, and thanks to this drama, again, VK news are going to vanish little by little 

I don't know what happened and I don't care AT ALL

Like it has been said before, even when you follow 10000 twitter bandmen, you can even keep track of everything, since not everything is posted there and there are like 20 messages/minutes. So yes the fact that Trombe will no longer post in this section is a huge problem for me and probably for many others who DO care about your so-called "no1cur about bands"

I get it that stuff happened, shit happened either and I get it that Trombe nor anybody in this forum should have the right to do whatever they want, that's a fact, still this one thing will have an impact on a very important section of this forum.

And yes, it is an important section, just look at the number of answers, even people nobody knows are posting atm to say how it will change MH

So of course you are all able to say whatever you want  and think whatever you want about Trombe and the people who kinda "support" him, but if your throw you egos away for a moment, you will agree with other people who say he is a huge contributor in this forum and not having him will clearly change a part of MH.

Edited by Danao

3 hours ago, Ragnar said:

i see resident trolls are happy about Trombe departure. thats sad because in the end trolls are probably also part of the reason for Trombe departure. sad to see moderators also siding with trolls.

i hope Trombe will make his own site for news updates where people who are happy about indie bands being covered can view this. this site probably be completely useless to me now. 

Oh god it is funny seeing you writing like this here ahahhahahahhah

Oh well...

1 - I kinda know what this is about, and rules are indeed rules. News section are a section of the forum as any other, so ANYONE could and should post there. While I understand that it's kinda lame for people to manipulate timestamps, use older posts or alter shit just to appear to be the first post and stuff like that, I also think that says much more about the person who did it than it affects the community as a whole. That's why we have mods, I guess. To do what's necessary, even when that means hurting the form in some way;

2 - That being said, people should absolutely NOT dismiss the service @Trombedid for the community all those years. I'm here for I don't know long, and no one will be able to match him/her in news broadcasting EVER. MH is THE frontpage of western VK on the internet, and the news section is one of the big reasons for this. Trombe work was so good and fast that it spoiled us, to be honest. THANK YOU, Trombe;

3 - Him/her/it describing itself as a band is a joke guys, c'mon;

Wish you luck, Trombe. maybe bringing up your own news site/tumblr/twitter will provide you the control of the news you think it's necessary, or maybe your're back next week, since we old forum geezers apparently can't stay out for long, as someone said before. In any case, hope to see you again pal. Thanks again! cheers!

Edited by chemicalpictures

Sad to see @Trombego and I wish him the best in the future but rules are rules and no one is exempt from them. I'm sure the community will be able to move on from this and if he returns then great if not I'm sure as a whole we can figure other sources out for news. 

3 hours ago, freesia said:

It's hard to believe that Trombe, who rarely involves in conversations on the forum, could get himself banned periodically.

I think that was the problem, ironically.

No one here is going to deny that Trombe was a very well known, and informative member on this website for VK news.

Yet, everyone needs to realize that he was just that. A member. No different from any one of us. To my knowledge, he was not being paid to do this.

It seems that no one besides the Admins/Moderators, are aware of the situation. No one should be jumping to conclusions. As being a moderator on various websites over the years myself, I understand what a group decision among other mods is like. No right to disrespect, if you don't understand.

If you feel that the news section was the ONLY thing making up MH, then perhaps reconsider and take a close look at the rest of the content that our admins have worked hard to provide for us to view and participate in. I find it ironic that some members I have never seen, have posted on this thread, but no other part of the forum.

If you really don't care about anything/anyone else on this site, then why are you even a member? It's an honest question. There are plenty of blogs elsewhere to read for news.

Those of you mentioning that only Trombe made up the forums news section, are placing him on a high pedestal, when you should not. Please find it in your best interests to help populate the news section from now on if you feel you could, as we already have plenty of other members already doing so, and the more the merrier.

I love some of the excuses on here to justify their lack of support for the news section.

You don't know where to start looking? Well no one's holding a gun to your head lol just post anything that you come across that has not been posted yet, if ever. It's that simple :)

No time to post you say? Well, if you can read the content on one website, I'm pretty sure you can copy/paste that same news on here as well.

Don't feel like it? Well, then you have no say on this matter, now do you?

Due to the negligence of most of us here at MH, to not provide a piece of content when we probably could have, have allowed one member to dominate a section of the forum to the point where we eventually felt there was no longer a need for other contributors, and newer members saw this member as the ONLY means for new VK news. In a way, it's our fault Trombe became so vital to the community.

Edit: I had heard about Trombe and his PMs of hate on other potential news posters, but I didn't think it was real until now. Nice to see these individuals come forward. Perhaps this will shed some light as to why it seemed that there was no one else BUT Trombe who posted news.

Why do I sound like a moderator? lol

Excuse my asshole rant.

Thank you for the contributions to this forum Trombe. Good luck on your new blog or website, if you should choose to do so.

No hard feelings.

Edited by YuyoDrift

Nature abhors a vacuum, I think new people will step up. Especially if Trombe's behavior toward me was any indication.

If I ever posted a news item that overlapped with one of his it would mean public bitching, then private bitching in emails, copypasta of the rules and last time, a threat with suspension. I finally had enough of the ingrate and said fuck you, post your own damn news and stopped any more contributions. I was tired of his territorial bullshit.

So I'm sure more people will step forward now that they don't have to deal with this bitch any more.

OH. ;o

Hmm, Trombe served his role well with bands nobody cares about and did his time. So it will be a bit... weird that he's gone for good. There was never any guarantee that he was going to post... "forever" of course. I don't know him personally or what exactly happened though.

A few people seem to be keen to help out in the news section, so i guess there will be new Trombe clones. 

Regardless of what was said in private, I, as an outsider thoroughly enjoyed Trombe's consistent news updates. It takes a lot of time and energy to get as much information as they did, and compared to sites like S-T.net, Jame and others, MH imo had the most current VK news that you just can't find anywhere else.

Those updates on up-and-coming bands, irrelevant bands, mainstream bands and whatever else will be sorely missed in my eyes D:

Ah well... disbandments always suck, no matter the reasons, but I guess it's not up to us to decide if they should disband or not, when we don't know what made it come to this... that said, I thought the way he wrote it was brilliant. Well done. Also, thanks for all you've done until now, though I did ask myself if you were a news bot... it was impressive lol. I've been back here for a short while, but I guess I can say it's the end of an era. We should try to fill the void by taking care of the news section ourselves too. : )

After reading some other posts, I kinda get what could've brought everything to this. I think. Kinda. I'm also an admin/mod on other forums so I know how complicated things can get at times, no matter how patient we'd try to be. And the tension between members can get pretty high. That's never a good thing. Also, the staff usually works as a whole and not even people from the staff are free to break rules. But anyway, it's okay if things have to come to an end, everything does someday, so I just hope you had a great time here!

1 hour ago, Traxan said:

Nature abhors a vacuum, I think new people will step up. Especially if Trombe's behavior toward me was any indication.

^ This. To all these people acting like, "oh noooo, MH won't have any news posts now that Trombe is no longer here!! such pointless, much dead forum, wow"

Other people are perfectly capable and willing to post news. I imagine the reason very few people tried to before (myself included, though I did make a few attempts) is because they felt intimidated by the fact that Trombe had such a monopoly on the news section and there was no point in trying to post news yourself, even if you managed to post it before Trombe, because some ghost thread would show up five minutes later anyway. It's not as if we're all a bunch of helpless babies that can't do anything on our own. Trombe was impressive because s/he managed to do most of this single-handedly, and it was certainly appreciated, but there is no reason why a single person has to keep doing it. You can sit around whining in this thread all day, or you can think about contributing in some small part to help keep things just as active as they ever were.

7 hours ago, togz said:

[...]He is not THE community. I'm sure the mods have justified reasons for their choice as a whole with the communities best interest in mind. [...]

Sorry but I feel community as in the people/trolls/mods liked/known around here, not 90% of the actual visitors.

_

He posted news not avaible on twitter, vkdb, visunavi, visulog, etc. Infos about live distr. CDs you NEVER could've found out about except you check 2ch or stalk auctions 24/7. I dont know how he knows this by going the lives himself and instantly posting what the vocalist just gave only by voice as information and which was never written anywhere else EXCEPT maybe 2ch. So good luck not only learning japanese, but also that slang used on 2ch to get infos about obscure small bands.

Might also go and piss off YNS and numetal and your dl section is dead aka Nr.1 reason next to news section. Will the handful of people caring/reading the other stuff done by mods here then? (I cant tell anything what mods/admins do in the background noone notices, here i feel/guess they always did an amazing job, but the written contributions, reviews..haha)

Beeing a member since day 1 or 2 of this forum idk 8 years ago(?) im interested where this will go now.

Well, we still got Monochrome Heaven Market, which can be fun sometimes to find that CD you search cheaply.