Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY - TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________

17 hours ago, Puriwate said:

Apparently in an interview, multiple times the band members said there will be new songs during the dum spiro spero tour. I hope that wasn't mistranslation

If this is true...VERY good news

^smh @ kyo's responses legit morphing into a continuous "stolen crippling depression memes 4 dank arthouse kidz" FB page material at some point

Edited by nekkichi
**gremmar

Ikr... I thought he was legit about to suicide on the next question but then i remembered he is just a tiny edgelord with doofy hat fettish... But anyway i think its pretty clear (maybe?) That they were excited about new songs during the tour 

I think we have been aware for a long time enough that Kyo in reality lives a very low-key but rather socially stable life (avec most probably fine relationship w/ his bae) and that all of this edgelordiness is just one of his main "masking" antics so to speak. Of course, the fact about their anything-but-mutual songwriting habits still stands but they are pretty much healthy 30-40 year old chaps just like with most not-so-public rockstars.

I enjoy reading Kyo's comments as a very strange sort of deadpan humour, sort of like his strange comments during the Ghoul documentary DVDs. I think he's very self-aware these days of all the strange things he says, or at least that's my take on it.

On topic: Will be joining Kisou tour starting from the second half so will report on anything unusual happening yet again.

On 20/08/2016 at 5:48 PM, Puriwate said:

Apparently in an interview, multiple times the band members said there will be new songs during the dum spiro spero tour. I hope that wasn't mistranslation

Technically that's a possibility since Kaoru already said back then that the album was supposed to be in its way during the last quarter of this year...which on the other hand means that we either get a December release (usual end-of-the-year releases akin to UROBOROS, ARCHE, MACABRE, VULGAR) or Q1 of 2017 release (Kisou, WtD, MOAB) to commemorate the 20th anniversary of band's constant/current lineup (Feb 2 for instance).

All in all, playing new songs during DSS tour makes more sense and I am pretty sure that there will be enough inbetween these 3-4 months for another possible single in case we don't wanna see this "2 singles per album" tradition being changed whatsoever.

I feel like we gonna get another single before an album.

But poor shinya. You can tell he really ain't for playing DSS songs even after all this time. 

Still think another DSS tour is pretty damn stupid btw. But w/e. Im here for these new songs.

What are you interested in lately? Desks

Looolll Kaoru

Kyo's got me cracking up. He just might hinting at something with that "whether or not I answer questions seriously" response. Maybe just maybe lol... 

21 hours ago, The MAD Stallion said:

I feel like we gonna get another single before an album.

But poor shinya. You can tell he really ain't for playing DSS songs even after all this time. 

Still think another DSS tour is pretty damn stupid btw. But w/e. Im here for these new songs.

He sounded better on the Arche Budokan DVD. Like, he did real blast beats on The Inferno. 

I was kind of assuming that doing a DSS tour had something to do with some newfound confidence in the material instead of just diving into a tour after not playing the stuff together in the same room. 

I mean they could be practicing together this time around. But it still sucks that there's some discontent there. As much as i love watching Shinya play those DSS songs to the best of his ability, it probably takes a huge toll on  him (ex: him fracturing his rib during the Age Quod tour).

I think Kyo kept talking about death as a joke in reference to the question about what they'd choose for a final meal. 

He also hinted at the fact that he's probably not answering seriously. 

Edited by Saishu

He was obviously joking about the final meal question.

I listened to some of their Japanese interviews, Toshiya said they would introduce new songs to their tour setlist step by step. Kyo said that out of the batch of new songs that they have written so far , there is another heavy song like 詩踏み and then some softer songs.

Also Kyo said some weird stuff about how he doesn't even know where the other members' houses are and that after concerts he goes straight back to his hotel room and eats dinner (often McDonalds) in the bathtub. My Japanese is not perfect so it's hard to tell whether he's being serious or not sometimes. He also said that his favorite Dir en grey album is Dum Spiro Spiro but that he thinks it's not popular with a lot of fans and that he dislikes Gauze (he said the Gauze tour was not fun because he was not in the "mode of Gauze" lol.)

Edited by Kelrya

MOO tour has kicked off in Taipei.

2016/09/08 Legacy Taipei, Taiwan

01. 狂骨の鳴り / Kyoukotsu No Nari
02. THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. 咀嚼 / Soshaku
05. LOTUS (Symphonic Ver.)
06. 「欲巣にDREAMBOX」あるいは成熟の理念と冷たい雨
07. 滴る朦朧 / Shitataru Mourou
08. 流転の塔 / Ruten No Tou
09. DIABOLOS
10. VANITAS
11. Unraveling
12. Cause Of Fickleness
13. 獣慾 / Juuyoku
14. Sustain The Untruth
    Encore
15. Un Deux
16. 詩踏み / Utafumi
17. 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 / Hageshisa...

Outro: THE FINAL (Piano Ver.)

Edited by Wicked Teletubby

religious setlist, as expected

im so curious to see what happens on the next NA tour--are they gonna compile a new setlist with arche + favourite mode__ cuts? can we expect some extra vulgar/dss/kisou on the setlists? i fkin hope so

12 minutes ago, Wicked Teletubby said:

you'll end up with THE FINAL. I can swear on that.

MAKE IT FUCKING STOP