desparejo86

Why did gackt leave Malice Mizer: Discussion

On 11/8/2017 at 4:15 PM, seikun said:

Where is Klaha?

Come on, an island nation. It can't be so difficult to find his whereabaouts.

He doesn't want to be found. He's been working at the tire yard for almost a decade and has probably worked his way up to night foreman. He isn't about to throw all that away for the $263 cash infusion he'd receive by participating in a Malice Mizer reunion. 

Edited by desparejo86

11 hours ago, desparejo86 said:

He doesn't want to be found. He's been working at the tire yard for almost a decade and has probably worked his way up to night foreman. He isn't about to throw all that away for the $263 cash infusion he'd receive by participating in a Malice Mizer reunion. 

I never said he should be forced to perform again; I expressed a natural curiosity to know where he may be because he disappeared from the public eye so suddenly leaving everybody wondering what happened to him.

色んなことが脳裏に蘇る。

MALICE MIZERのメンバーそしてあの当時の女社長に突然

なんの相談も前触れもなく

『MALICE MIZERは解散する』

と告げられたあの日のことも。

あのミーティングで最後は喧嘩のような状況になったことも。

There are a number of thoughts at the back of my mind.

Among them, was the day I was suddenly told,

from the other MALICE MIZER members and our female manager at the time,

without having discussed or touched on the thought in any way prior,

"MALICE MIZER will break up."

And that after that meeting, the environment during those final days was very quarrelsome-like.

From this, it sounds like he was told very suddenly that he simply wasn't needed and got thrown out of the band. The quarrels happened after that meeting (which is understandable; anyone would be upset).

The other way to interpret it is that the label attempted to break up the whole band. They were somehow able to reform under the same name, but Gackt had already gone his own way by that time, so they recruited Klaha in his stead.

It really wouldn't take much to get Mana, Közi, and Yu~ki back together. They are the core of MALICE MIZER. Perhaps they just don't want to make music together anymore. Perhaps they're sick of each other as band mates. I hope they're still friends at least.

I wonder why nobody talks about this now. You would think after years maybe they would be able to bring it up in an interview or just give their fans an awnser of what really went down. Malice Mizer is one group that i love, yet are so mysterious. Like I wonder what Mana does when he isn't on stage dressed up in stage presence mode. These are the things i wonder about them all the time. 

Gackt  said in his 2018 platinum photobook that the other members were already in a weired relationship when he just joined the band, it's on the verge of disbanding so it's clearly not his fault to break up all the things.

And it was him who was trying to negotiating and putting things up together.  Although he felt weired but it was just a job so he withstood it.

So it's all other members' fault.

Among all things Gackt said, I think there are at least some truth in it: He said all MM members  are very unsociable and laid-back person. He wondered who was going to take the role to communicate with outside after he left. And when he was in the band he had to urge everyone to do their job.   

However now we know Gackt is a very strict overman about his job, maybe they didnt know it back in 20 years and would blame him for it

Nono but in all seriousness I get what you mean and have thoughts like this from time to time too.

I've always imagined him to be kind of a shut in. He probably doesn't get out much, he looks like he's lived in his head his whole life.. if you get what I mean. From that impression alone I've always found him unlikable albeit relatable

Probably GACKT was too big for them after a  minute. During his solo tenure, he was able to be interviewed by the likes of Gaki no Tsukai,  which is huge.

Though, IDK how mana is IRL, but he seems very shy, gentle, and delicate when I got to attended one of the MdM hand shake event. His handshake was a very weak grip, like the most feminine woman would.

1 hour ago, LIDL said:

Probably GACKT was too big for them after a  minute. During his solo tenure, he was able to be interviewed by the likes of Gaki no Tsukai,  which is huge.

Though, IDK how mana is IRL, but he seems very shy, gentle, and delicate when I got to attended one of the MdM hand shake event. His handshake was a very weak grip, like the most feminine woman would.

Yeah, I don't blame him for just dipping like that but it just comes off as super social climber even to this day. He's a huge douche but he was funny, had a knack for telling stories. Great "television" personality. I feel he was pretty much the opposite of Mana, what they had in common were their huge egos, Gackt just had the charisma in areas Mana lacked. (we won't know if he really lacked though when he never spoke to begin with..)

The thing to keep in mind is that Gackt’s solo career was signed by a subsidiary of Nippon Columbia (MM‘s label), where as MM retreated to Mana’s indies label. I don’t trust Gackt when he says that he was the one kicked out in this situation. Everyone else was.

I've read lots of stuff/speculations/vague half-sentences over the years, but just by a glance it totally seems like a "No Doubt" situation, i.e. the major label trying to court Gackt (and succeeding) to ditch everyone else and go solo. But this being a very niche part of the already secretive Japanese music industry, I doubt we will ever get a clear-cut fact of what actually went down.

5 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

I've read lots of stuff/speculations/vague half-sentences over the years, but just by a glance it totally seems like a "No Doubt" situation, i.e. the major label trying to court Gackt (and succeeding) to ditch everyone else and go solo. But this being a very niche part of the already secretive Japanese music industry, I doubt we will ever get a clear-cut fact of what actually went down.

I agree. Perhaps they tried to court everyone, but in the end failed to get them. Perhaps they withdrew behind Mana's artistic direction, and thus all MM less Gackt were dropped off Columbia; I can't imagine him, even Kozi or Yuuki playing pop, putting up 00s 64 bits softvi rockers aesthetics, surrounded by group of dancers, etc. They are artists, I think that's clear. Kozi, like Mana, even at the cost of losing their mainstream status (a thing that history has reserved to less than 10 bands in Japanese music history, even Dir or the Gazette never had the attention MM received from the media in the late 90s), decided to move on and run after a consistent artistic project within their own worldview. On the other hand, Gackt brought iconic moments to VK and J-rock (Mizerable, Vanilla, Redemption) but generally speaking he did the stuff that would attract masses.

Edited by saiko

Has anyone checked in on Gackt recently? This guy is out here giving out f*nger*ng instructions set to his music on youtube with not a care in the world. 

The creepy old man phase is complete

On 8/5/2020 at 5:13 AM, LEY said:

Has anyone checked in on Gackt recently? This guy is out here giving out f*nger*ng instructions set to his music on youtube with not a care in the world. 

Wow, I really haven't liked or even listened to much of his music after 2006 or 2007 and that Youtube channel is ridiculous.
Does he even make new music anymore? Or is he just getting sponsors and tie-ins so he can be a full time celebrity?

One friend of mine ( translator -student)tell me that Gackt was few years back visiting Poland  and the warsaw University bring to him to the students of translation jap-eng .

She talk with him a  good time and asked about M.M subject 

He said that the Mana wife and M.m Manager yukie itoh fired to him  

He said also than never will happen one M.m Reunion and he and Mana is different level . True or no were his words 

Btw Mana asked to gackt for M.m 20 anniversary show and  he received one im with other bussiness  .

I always asked to myself if mana had not arranged her affairs with Kozi as  would have done to sell illusion of the Malice mizer reunion ??

For if you someone no knew Kozi was meeting since the M.M broke up with Tetsu and yu-ki but never with Mana  until that the 2008 Mana posted in his old blog about one Reunion with kozi and  more guys and the next year kozi  usually until now ever play with Mana .

Gackt is very talented but clearly he lost himself.. His YouTube channel is the good example of that. He became a boring Youtuber.

Also I won't believe 100 % his words about Malice Mizer, the guy is way too self center, and I know from experience where it can bring..

On 8/5/2020 at 5:13 AM, LEY said:

I remember a few months ago s/o linked the video here in their status or so. I watched it without knowing which direction it is going to ,and more and more was like ‚am I having a dirty mind?‘ soo hilarious! Everytime I feel like Japan can not surprise me any longer, I fail

Gackt is no more the elegant prince he used to be, but the creepy old man phase is fine on him too.