Pretsy

Tie-ins (anime, drama etc.) and thoughts about them

Tie-ins were quite often, albeit partially discussed in almost every news/general thread - be it VK or not. As such, some might have associated vairous news about "artist X doing a song Y as a tie-in" with "pre-emptive mediocrity" (i.e. they "know" beforehand that it's gonna "suck hard").

This leaves us to ponder : how do you guys relate to this "tie-in phenomenon"?  Do tie-ins matter a lot in your favorite artists' repertoire?

Many listeners wouldn't really care about this. However, specific episodes in MH history such as Gazette's SHIVER being extremely crapped upon due to its (obvious) tie-in status (or MUCC)  gave me enough confidence to assume that at least SOME do care after all, lol.

Edited by Alroy

Tie-ins only really bother me when it compromises the song and/or artist in some way due to the nature and constraints of the relationship.

I listen to a couple pop artists who do a couple songs for anime and/or dramas here and there but when I listen to them, it still sounds like one of their songs that just got some outside use, rather than a song that was made for them to sing that sort of sits in an "uncanny valley" sort of place where it's the same artist but sounds slightly off.

Plus you also get instances where songs made for other mediums and uses tend to want to follow the style. I remember a major 'weaboo' point was that they only listened to anime openings and other music like them, but personally I've never come across it in any of the artists I listen to often, off the top of my head at least.