Trombe

CREATURE CREATURE new album release

CREATURE CREATURE new album, "Death is a Flower" (2 types), will be released on March 15, 2017; it will be sold in advance on January 28 (limited edition) and on March 4 (regular edition) at their live at Tokyo Kinema Club.

Limited edition:

C2lSRRdXgAIb_2V.jpg

Regular edition:

C2lSRRdWgAQfv60.jpg

C2lSRRcXgAEcg8l.jpg

holy that guitarwork!!!!!!!!

hiro is so good jesus no wonder uta is obsessed

Edited by emmny

Maybe I've been way off the mark on what Morrie is all about, this IS weird right?

drawn influence from Sukekiyo's album I guess but I thought a lot of that is way outside his wheelhouse..?

I've listened to Creature Creature before, has this always BEEN happening?

All genuine curiosity.

1 hour ago, Elazmus said:

Maybe I've been way off the mark on what Morrie is all about, this IS weird right?

drawn influence from Sukekiyo's album I guess but I thought a lot of that is way outside his wheelhouse..?

I've listened to Creature Creature before, has this always BEEN happening?

All genuine curiosity.

If you paid closer attention to certain works by Dead End (MORRIE) or even La'cryma Christi's instrumental craft as we speak (Hiro) as cases in point, you may notice that balls-to-the-wall progging is not a whole new ballgame to them necessarily (note: except for Shinobu, every face in CC has a HUGE record in regards to project participations) ;)

(as @emmnynoted already, I also hear Hiro's good ol' trademark dissonant riff-o-ganza* here as well - always welcomed frill in their songs :))

Spoiler

*:

Edited by Alroy

I don't like it.... I fucking hate prog stuff. But I didn't like Phantoms on first listen either, and now it's my favorite. I'll buy the regular edition... 85 bucks for a CD/DVD? Fuck thatttttt.

4 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

If you paid closer attention to certain works by Dead End (MORRIE) or even La'cryma Christi's instrumental craft as we speak (Hiro) as cases in point, you may notice that balls-to-the-wall progging is not a whole new ballgame to them necessarily (note: except for Shinobu, every face in CC has a HUGE record in regards to project participations) ;)

(as @emmnynoted already, I also hear Hiro's good ol' trademark dissonant riff-o-ganza* here as well - always welcomed frill in their songs :))

Hide contents

*:

damn how have i been overlooking this band all this time? this sounds fuckin neat

also @CC's new song: those are some goofy-ass vocal lines here & there, but still overall it all sounds solid as hell. i'm stoked.

6 hours ago, saishuu said:

I don't know what the fuck Morrie is doing with those vocals, but YES BRING IT

I am LIVING for morrie's weirdass vocals the past few years

He

On 1/20/2017 at 2:25 PM, Carmelzors said:

Hide contents

*:

Henseifu is the song that got me into La'cryma Christi, and it was because of Hiro's spectacular guitar work. It remains one of my absolute favorite songs. Period. It's a perfect song. 

I love Dead End, Creature Creature and Morrie — but please, those vocals are ridiculous. He sounds like something's choking. Such a beautiful voice, why ruin it like this?

Edited by Lestat

1 hour ago, Lestat said:

I love Dead End, Creature Creature and Morrie — but please, those vocals are ridiculous. He sounds like something's choking. Such a beautiful voice, why ruin it like this?

That was nothing compared to their "Dead Rider"-track though. "YEAAAAAH BABAYYY I AM HOOOME TAYTAY...MAMAMAMATATATAAAAAAHH!" or whatever he did there was pretty much the best (fucked up) Morrie moment tbqh

@TokageYou definitely should not skim over "Sculpture of Time" which is one heck of an opus from them. Some awesome prog-meets-psyche-meets-kinda-LS-kind of godtier stuff.

Edited by Alroy

Morrie's last solo album was full of vocal antics as well. It's no secret that his voice has changed over the years, and I wonder if age is forcing him to do weird shit to compensate for where his voice is lacking. Regardless, I still love him. 

And I second checking out Sculpture in Time. It's on par with what many consider the best VK albums, though it never seems to get mentioned. Lhasa is great as well, and Magic Theater is probably the last album La'cryma recorded before things got kind of bland. Though &.U definitely has some rockers on it. 

Gotta be AOTY gotta be AOTY gotta be AOTY...

Those Morrie tracks sound so psychedelic compared to how "pedestrian" Hiro/Hitoki/Shinobu compositions are time by time, lol.

Edited by Alroy