Trombe

Deviloof ‏new distributed single "Ishtar" release

I think there are quite more examples like some songs from Ha;qch (e.g. their "cover"/copy of TBDM's Elder Mysantrophy), 闇撫, etc.. This band is just brutal for the purpose of being brutal and lost the music feeling for that.

Fact is, most of you wouldnt care for this band if they a ) wouldnt look vk b ) didnt come from japan. Their music is generic at best but hey, they try to add something new (meaning taking something old in other genres) to vk. I was suprised noone in vk did this in 2010 when every other wannabe core band had these retarded boring breakdowns.

I know the bands you suggested and I they don't sound as good and with a vocalist as skilled as Deviloof's.

As for them being from Japan or not, I couldn't care less if they are japanese. IDGAF about Japan except for VK and I do love a lot of Deathcore bands from outside of Japan. And yes, Their music is generic at best but hey, they try to add something new to vk. What's the problem with that ? Can't a genre that's repetitive as fuck do something new for a change ? Isn't this why y'all get hyped when a new "art-kei" band appears ? Can we live ?

Gregory is not brutal... They sound like a Deathgaze ripoff with occasional rapping and pig squeals

rant: can we please stop using the word "brutal" to define music? It's just ludicrous - Most music that people classify as brutal(Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, and the countless wigger slam bands from around the globe) just makes people want to bounce and jump around like complete morons. Fun as hell, but not something I would call "brutal".

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who is supporting Deviloof!

At the end of the day, when I decided to start helping Deviloof I was very much aware that they are band that will have people that love them, people that hate them and a smaller majority of people who don’t feel strongly either way about them, more so than any other band V STAR PROMOTION’s works with.

The reason V STAR PROMOTION decided to work with Deviloof is to broaden our market, our goal is to have something to offer to as many people with varying tastes in music.

And the fact that people have varying and different tastes in music is what this discussion leads to.

Everybody has their own taste in music, what one person might think sounds terrible could be a masterpiece to other people, it doesn’t mean that either person is wrong, it also doesn’t mean that the song in question is innately good or bad, it all comes down to personal opinion.

This is also the case in defining a music style, music is a vast and ever changing entity.

Music never stays the same for long as artists and fans are always thinking of a way to change and develop it further, by this genres of music are also constantly changing and developing.

So any genre of music can also be thought of differently by different people, what might be brutal to someone might not just cut it to other, and on the reverse side what might be brutal to some might be too much for others.

And there is nothing at all wrong with that.

Working with Deviloof, I have faith that they will continue to work hard to grow as artists and that they will try their best to bring new and unique music.

It is not always going to appeal to everyone, but that’s music.

If you like Deviloof, once again I would like to thank you for your support.

If you don’t like Deviloof I value and understand your opinion, but please understand that the people that like them have their reasons and right to do so as well.

The same goes in reverse.

Thank you.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who is supporting Deviloof!

At the end of the day, when I decided to start helping Deviloof I was very much aware that they are band that will have people that love them, people that hate them and a smaller majority of people who don’t feel strongly either way about them, more so than any other band V STAR PROMOTION’s works with.

The reason V STAR PROMOTION decided to work with Deviloof is to broaden our market, our goal is to have something to offer to as many people with varying tastes in music.

And the fact that people have varying and different tastes in music is what this discussion leads to.

Everybody has their own taste in music, what one person might think sounds terrible could be a masterpiece to other people, it doesn’t mean that either person is wrong, it also doesn’t mean that the song in question is innately good or bad, it all comes down to personal opinion.

This is also the case in defining a music style, music is a vast and ever changing entity.

Music never stays the same for long as artists and fans are always thinking of a way the change and develop it further, by this genres of music are also constantly changing and developing.

So any genre of music can also be thought of differently by different people, what might be brutal to someone might not just cut it to other, and on the reverse side what might be brutal to some might be too much for others.

And there is nothing at all wrong with that.

Working with Deviloof, I have faith that they will continue to work hard to grow as artists and that they will try their best to bring new and unique music.

It is not always going to appeal to everyone, but that’s music.

If you like Deviloof, once again I would like to thank you for your support.

If you don’t like Deviloof I value and understand your opinion, but please understand that the people that like them have their reasons and right to do so as well.

The same goes in reverse.

Thank you.

giphy.gif

All of this.

^ this is so important. thank you Suuu for expressing what more people need to realize.

As for them being from Japan or not, I couldn't care less if they are japanese. IDGAF about Japan except for VK and I do love a lot of Deathcore bands from outside of Japan. And yes, Their music is generic at best but hey, they try to add something new to vk. What's the problem with that ? Can't a genre that's repetitive as fuck do something new for a change ? Isn't this why y'all get hyped when a new "art-kei" band appears ? Can we live ?

art-kei bands bringing new sounds to the scene has 0 relevance to a deathcore band who has no relevance to the visual kei scene outside of a bit of makeup they smeared onto their faces in the name of making more money because they're average at best outside of "vk". ur all allowed to like deviloof, thats not my issue but saying they add something to visual kei seems a little thin--they play with no other vk bands and donned the vk label for purposes unrelated to their music. of course this begs the question "what is visual kei" and thats a discussion for another thread, but thats my personal beef with deviloof in case u were curious. 

art-kei bands bringing new sounds to the scene has 0 relevance to a deathcore band who has no relevance to the visual kei scene outside of a bit of makeup they smeared onto their faces in the name of making more money because they're average at best outside of "vk". ur all allowed to like deviloof, thats not my issue but saying they add something to visual kei seems a little thin--they play with no other vk bands and donned the vk label for purposes unrelated to their music. of course this begs the question "what is visual kei" and thats a discussion for another thread, but thats my personal beef with deviloof in case u were curious.

Thank you for sharing reasoning behind your opinion.

and once again, I strongly believe every person has a right to have their own opinion.

So I am not in anyway disputing your opinion, saying its completely wrong, or that you shouldn't be allowed to have your opinion.

I am simply adding a few additional facts to this issue.

-To some people vkei is nothing more than the visual style, and music is additional and can be any type of music, pop, rock, heavy, etc, I have met more than a handful of artists both visual and non visual that have this belief, then even more fans.

-Even if Deviloof decided to become vkei for the money (I am not saying this is the case) they wouldn't be the first band to do so, one example is Sid, who went very heavy with makeup and other styling until the started to tone it down once gaining enough popularity (artist growth and development)

but their motives are their own, I am not going to discuss as a artist's motives are often something only they can understand.

secondly as for their lives and who they play with.

granted they do play with non vkei bands, in fact their next upcoming live is with BAND-MAID®, LAST DAY DREAM and 極楽浄土.

however they have played with, and have schedules to play with many vkei bands, some examples;

Rides In ReVellion, MORRIGAN, BLAZE, CARNIVAL, SHIVA, ARCHEMI, REVINE, MALISEND

Just to name a few

and also they are taking part in the CROW MUSIC PRESENTS NEW SCREAM CIRCUIT’2016.

Once again thank you for expressing your opinion and providing reasoning.

But at the end of the day lets allow the people who enjoy and like Deviloof like them, no matter what their reasons might be.

And let’s let those who dislike them dislike them for whatever reasons they might have.

Music is debatable; people have different views, opinions, tastes, etc.

Even more so with Visual Kei.

We are allowed to have our own opinions on what makes good music, what makes good vkei, as we are allowed to have our own opinions on what makes bad music and bad vkei.

Let’s support the artists we like, and allow other to support artists they like.

Let’s try our best to make this music scene we love as positive as possible.

>tfw u ask for LITERALLY ask for peoples' opinions and are confused when people actually give u one lmfao

and thank you for the correction(s) suuu. again, this was just my opinion and im happy people wish to support deviloof and i like v star quite a bit still ^.^

>tfw u ask for LITERALLY ask for peoples' opinions and are confused when people actually give u one lmfao

and thank you for the correction(s) suuu. again, this was just my opinion and im happy people wish to support deviloof and i like v star quite a bit still ^.^

I would like to thank you for supporting V STAR PROMOTION!

As stated earlier V STAR PROMOTION hopes to work with a range of various artists and bands.

That way we will hopefully have something that appeals to as many people as possible.

Even if Deviloof is not your taste, I hope you can enjoy one of the other bands we work with and support.

Variety is the life of music!

What I think is that the reason behind people's slander towards this band lies in the thought of how many Visual Kei bands are tuning down their guitars just because this –core music does well with the audience. You see musicians who previously wore pink, frilly skirts and blush on their faces in the Oshare scene suddenly covered in black smudge and fake blood. To me it looks fake, like a lot of them do not care what they are recognized for, just that they are recognized in general. It feels as if a lot of these bands aren't doing their own thing, aren't following their own dreams. It is just a test of 'we will stick with what works best, despite our personal interests.' I think this is also why you see so many bands breaking up early-on due to 'musical differences.'

Something came to me earlier, that Visual Kei bands are actually a lot like sports' teams — almost like human trafficking; playing styles change over the course of the season, and you have to pick players who fit your current playing style. This all happens on a short notice, in fact it changes by the months. Visual Kei musicians are being shuffled around between teams like happens during auctions on soccer players, seemingly forming no attachment to their current team and easily moving on to the other when it's there that they can be in for the prize. And a lot of fans fall for this too! (Because they have no other choice.) Your favourite member moves from band A to band B? Let's forget about band A and specifically focus on band B, because that's where he's at for an inconclusive period of time.

Now I am not saying that Deviloof specifically is one of those cases (as they previously came from heavier roots), but in this general situation, seeing -another- band pop up who are heavy just for the sake of being heavy (as their actual musicianship seems... quite unpolished), it makes us wonder whether any of these guys are in it for their own personal joy. Their music might feel empty to people, soulless and void of something to ponder over or to get lost in, because it doesn't appear to come from the heart. You can feel it when an artist doesn't put everything he or she has into what he or she does. I am not speaking for everyone even while having read similar opinions on a variety of platforms, but it's just that a lot of these upcoming metalcore bands feel like this to me (and to a lot of others).

---

(Sorry, I edit my posts a lot.)

What I think is that the reason behind people's slander towards this band lies in the thought of how many Visual Kei bands are tuning down their guitars just because this –core music does well with the audience. You see musicians who previously wore pink, frilly skirts and blush on their faces in the Oshare scene suddenly covered in black smudge and fake blood. To me it looks fake, like a lot of them do not care what they are recognized for, just that they are recognized in general. It feels as if a lot of these bands aren't doing their own thing, aren't following their own dreams. It is just a test of 'we will stick with what works best, despite our personal interests.' I think this is also why you see so many bands breaking up early-on due to 'musical differences.'

Now I am not saying that Deviloof specifically is one of those cases (as they previously came from heavier roots), but in this general situation, seeing -another- band pop up who are heavy just for the sake of being heavy (as their actual musicianship seems... quite unpolished), it makes us wonder whether any of these guys are in it for their own personal joy. Their music might feel empty to people, soulless and void of something to ponder over or to get lost in, because it doesn't appear to come from the heart. You can feel it when an artist doesn't put everything he or she has into what he or she does. I am not speaking for everyone even while having read similar opinions on a variety of platforms, but it's just that a lot of these upcoming metalcore bands feel like this to me (and to a lot of others).

Thank you for a another well written and crafted opinion.

I think what most of the supporters of Deviloof may have a problem with is, as you said yourself, is the 'slander'

It never feels nice to have something you like insulted, or spoken of negatively.

as a promoter, I like most artists themselves, can take it with a grain of salt.

however well crafted opinions can be different and even useful.

as for the points of opinions your have mentioned.

although I work with the band, I cant say with 100% certainty if they find joy from the music they create, I have my own thoughts and opinions, but this doesn't mean its the way the necessarily think.

from what I have seen they work hard, they want to create something, they seem to have a goal in mind.

and although their music, may as you put it "appear as if it doesn't come from the heart" to some, this may not be the case for others.

I am sure their music, like any music will have different levels of depths and meaning to different people.

but as I said, your opinion was very well constructed, so I will take your constructive criticism to the band.

It may very well help them grow and develop.

Thank you.

However, perhaps from now if anybody has a critique about Deviloof, or any of the other bands that works with V STAR PROMOTION, I will gladly welcome any direct messages.

As much as possible, I would very much like the keep this thread a comfortable place where fans and supporters can discuss.

my opinion Deviloof like Nocturnal Bloodlust

I hope Deviloof bring music for iTunes

iTunes Japan or United Stated both is fine

I hope iTunes United Stated have official page for Japanese music I know Korean KPOP have official music iTunes

I know some band bring music for iTunes

Band like More,the GazettE,the Lotus,RAVE,Rides in ReVellion,Insanity Injection ect.

my opinion Deviloof like Nocturnal Bloodlust

I hope Deviloof bring music for iTunes

iTunes Japan or United Stated both is fine

I hope iTunes United Stated have official page for Japanese music I know Korean KPOP have official music iTunes

I know some band bring music for iTunes

Band like More,the GazettE,the Lotus,RAVE,Rides in ReVellion,Insanity Injection ect.

At V STAR PROMOTION we strongly recommend bands and artists we work with to make their songs avalible on international iTunes.

Please expect it sometime in the near future!

On 2016年4月1日 at 6:11 PM, Suuu said:

Download link for Deviloof's free download distribution of "Ishtar" will be announced in the upcoming days

so, is there the free download link now? I'm curious about it cuz it's been 18 days later and I didn't find it anywhere.

On Friday, April 01, 2016 at 6:11 AM, Suuu said:

Download link for Deviloof's free download distribution of "Ishtar" will be announced in the upcoming days

Is the truth 

I ready find oIt*** mean i

Promoters and avid fans alike forgot to pinpoint the fact that Deviloof had a lot of time as a non-vk metalcore (w/ slight deathcore influences I think) band  before eventually donning the whole VK Unsraw-Reivier kei shtick. You read it right: they were never rooted in VK antics, ideals in the first place (nor they have any particular interests in the said scene). Does it matter? Yes, a lot. Rather risky trend too, if you ask me.

So saying things like "Deviloof HAZ ZE MOST VK SKILLED VOCALCRAFT" or "THEY WILL MAKE VK GREAT AGAIN" (indirect quotations but w/e)  is as fair and logical as regarding Nokubura as the most professional "VK" band.

Feel free to support the band if you will but pls, provide proper reasoning without bashing those who explain themselves adequately. Critique is part of the logical, less biased consensus and progress after all.

4 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

Promoters and avid fans alike forgot to pinpoint the fact that Deviloof had a lot of time as a non-vk metalcore (w/ slight deathcore influences I think) band  before eventually donning the whole VK Unsraw-Reivier kei shtick. You read it right: they were never rooted in VK antics, ideals in the first place (nor they have any particular interests in the said scene). Does it matter? Yes, a lot. Rather risky trend too, if you ask me.

So saying things like "Deviloof HAZ ZE MOST VK SKILLED VOCALCRAFT" or "THEY WILL MAKE VK GREAT AGAIN" (indirect quotations but w/e)  is as fair and logical as regarding Nokubura as the most professional "VK" band.

Feel free to support the band if you will but pls, provide proper reasoning without bashing those who explain themselves adequately. Critique is part of the logical, less biased consensus and progress after all.

This same reasoning is present in the black metal scene - "they played hardcore in their previous band, how dare they!" "they look like hipsters, this isn't true black metal!" 

Their previous band is in the past - they reformed under a different name, they aren't All Shall Die anymore, heck, they're not even playing the same genre anymore!  I don't think it's fair to write them off because of their past as non-VK musicians.

Also, care to explain what are "VK ideals"? Releasing 20 versions of the same single? :wan-03:

Ci2hu8UVAAAfHog.jpg:large

Deviloof goods/merchandise and cd’s can now be purchased internationally on the newly opened V STAR PROMOTION web shop.

Check it out~!

V STAR PROMOTION works directly with the Deviloof to ensure we can help make their merchandise and music available all over the world!

Currently if you purchase Ruin you can get a copy of Ishtar for free!

http://www.vstarpromotion.com/webshop/deviloof.html

Already bought mine elsewhere, otherwise I'd jump on that offer immediately.

But I'll definitely be using your shop from now on, just hope you'll make sure to get some sweet exclusive bonuses to sweeten the deal.

Deviloof cheki are selling like crazy, so we upped our stock! Check out some samples of our cheki stock!

I personally took all of our current cheki for Keisuke, Hiroto and Seiya.

CjjeCSWUUAAteM8.jpg

CjjeCSeUYAEe5KP.jpg

CjjeCSjUYAEjB0m.jpg

CjjeCSoUYAA1CcQ.jpg

CjjeK8SUUAAxhKe.jpg

the cheki definitely look really great! - like all of them! 8D

maybe if ever i got some money left from buying so many CDs all the time i'll buy some cheki from them.