SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

There is, but it's not a big part of the game at all, and while I don't like it, it doesn't exactly bother me either. When you shake the controls your character will role, which at times will send you to a premature death. But this is mostly in the begining of the game. As soon as you get used to it it ain't a problem anymore. The positive thing about the motion plus shit on DKCR is that they feel very precise and is super easy to use. Not a problem. The game is easily worth both your time and money. It's that good.

Just recently finished Naruto Storm 4. I like it to an extent, CC2 got lazy with the game and just made everyone so fucking OP.

I'm currently stopping the time with Quantum Break, between a Witcher III session. :D

dang, the QB series is awesome. It's so amazing to have the story in another pov with the "real" faces of the pro/antagonists from the videogame (at least for episode 1, I can't tell for the rest). This is the future, this is all I ever needed!

Tales of Zestiria - I was super into this game at first, but holy crap the battle/equipment system seems so needlessly complicated. I even dropped the difficulty to the easiest level, but battles still take too long. (Would probably go faster if I bothered to optimize my equipment but I just can't make myself care enough to figure it out). Also, field maps seem needlessly large. They put in fast travel between save points, but it costs so much that I never want to use it. At least the characters are pretty entertaining, especially Rose. 

Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki (aka The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel) - Totally regret buying the Japanese version. There is so much political/military talk that is beyond my ability to comprehend (unless I wanted to pull out a dictionary). There's also a really weird mix of voiced/non-voiced dialogue. Even in a single scene, some lines are voiced and some aren't. (Playing Vita version, not sure if it's like that on PS3). I like the battle system, but the pacing of the game is so off - there are verrrrry lengthy cutscene sequences (like 30 minutes worth) and non-combat dialogue/side quests to do in between dungeons. It kind of feels like a visual novel with occasional combat, which isn't what I expected at all. Anyway, still having fun with it sometimes.. my in-game counter is at 68 hours =_=

5 hours ago, peffy said:

Tales of Zestiria - I was super into this game at first, but holy crap the battle/equipment system seems so needlessly complicated. I even dropped the difficulty to the easiest level, but battles still take too long. (Would probably go faster if I bothered to optimize my equipment but I just can't make myself care enough to figure it out). Also, field maps seem needlessly large. They put in fast travel between save points, but it costs so much that I never want to use it. At least the characters are pretty entertaining, especially Rose. 

Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki (aka The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel) - Totally regret buying the Japanese version. There is so much political/military talk that is beyond my ability to comprehend (unless I wanted to pull out a dictionary). There's also a really weird mix of voiced/non-voiced dialogue. Even in a single scene, some lines are voiced and some aren't. (Playing Vita version, not sure if it's like that on PS3). I like the battle system, but the pacing of the game is so off - there are verrrrry lengthy cutscene sequences (like 30 minutes worth) and non-combat dialogue/side quests to do in between dungeons. It kind of feels like a visual novel with occasional combat, which isn't what I expected at all. Anyway, still having fun with it sometimes.. my in-game counter is at 68 hours =_=

yeah Zestiria was very lacking I thought as well, I hope to god bersaria is better.

Welcome to Sen no Kiseki xD The series is known for it's slow pace and tons of dialog and character and world building. I mean the things you named off are literally the reason why the series is so highly regarded as the best of all time among JRPG circles. Definitely should of gotten English version xD I couldn't even imagine trying to play a sen no kiseki game in Japanese, especially when the best parts of the game is the dialog and story :D

Dark Souls III is in 3 hours! prepare for me to be a lot less active over the next few weeks, I'll probably just drop off the face of the earth honestly xD

I recently finished playing Trails in the Sky SC and I'm replaying it in Nightmare difficulty with NG+ mode. It's such a fantastic JRPG. I need to write it up in the RPG thread on how good it is.

Edited by Flame-X

My brother is coming up in about 11 days and will bring the WiiU and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze with him as he knows both me and my girl loves Donkey Kong, so I started replaying Donkey Kong Country Returns together with my girlfriend. We're having a good time, but it can be really frustrating when you partner isn't nearly as good as yourself, but I see that as a positive thing. Frustration when gaming is great. Another thing I like about this is that when you play with a partner the game will feel a lot harder and much more stressful, which cause my hands to get awfully clammy(?) at times. But I love the stress in some levels. The rocket-ride levels is fantastic by the way. A bit to easy, but so much fun.

The only negative sidesto the game, as far as I am concerned, is that a partner who isn't as good as yourself will drain your lives. Which sucks when you get to the harder levels, as your partner will end up fucking you up pretty bad. But it's still all fun!

And my video card/graphics card (or what the fuck it is called in english) died on my a few weeks back. I really hope my brother brings a new one with him, because we miss playing games on the computer. Wah!

1 hour ago, Flame-X said:

I recently finished playing Trails in the Sky SC and I'm replaying it in Nightmare difficulty with NG+ mode. It's such a fantastic JRPG. I need to write it up in the RPG thread on how good it is.

man i really need to find the time to finish playing this, I've just been so busy with other stuff. Would you say that SC is better than FC? because if so... holy balls that's ridiculous, FC is so good XD

I've been playing Dark Souls III since yesterday and my god is it just perfect.

Also I've gotten back on the Destiny since they just released a content update today :D

Finished Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection a few days ago, all the games on crushing difficulty... which is balls hard. Now i need to do them all on the new nightmare difficulty, shit. Probably won't happen anytime soon though since that's gonna be nearly impossible xD

1 hour ago, Original Saku said:

Also I've gotten back on the Destiny since they just released a content update today :D

saku we gotta play together sometime

9 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

saku we gotta play together sometime

Yeah I'm down. I added you already, my PSN is Zman_the_killer btw.

Recently beat ''Wild Guns''... Love everything about that game, the sci-fi + western mashup really works well.

4 hours ago, Original Saku said:

Yeah I'm down. I added you already, my PSN is Zman_the_killer btw.

Oh I know. I'm just a little shy from inviting people from MH into my little group of destiny friends. lol.

8 hours ago, Original Saku said:

man i really need to find the time to finish playing this, I've just been so busy with other stuff. Would you say that SC is better than FC? because if so... holy balls that's ridiculous, FC is so good XD

Absolutely! SC gets into the real plot of the duology while FC is more of an introduction. I normally don't replay JRPGs but this one got me which is saying a lot. There's so many things I could say about this game but I'm gonna hold back for now. :)

Finally got around to playing the Final Fantasy XV "Episode Duscae" demo on Xbone a little bit.  I like it!  Feels like the battle system is going to be fun, even though the controls are going to take some getting used to.  There was no option to invert the Y axis though, that was super frustrating.  Hopefully they fix that in the full game.

Dark souls 3 , only 4-5 hours in and I already love it more than Dark Souls 2! 

I will be suprised though, if in the end i will like it more than Dark souls 1 or Bloodborne.

Also started to play Resident Evil 6 on PS4 with a friend, better than i remembered it to be~ 

Had my brother visiting this weekennd and he brought his WiiU over, so me and  my girl have started on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and it's so much fun. Once again they've managed to keep the spirit of the original trilogy, but without just repeating themself. Crazy good game!

Played some Splatoon online as well, and it's really fun. Great game!

Bought a new graphics card too, so now I have my computer working again. I'm back at playing Borderlands and Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder, as well as Rocket League. Me and my brother played it in a total of 18 hours this weekend. Will start playing online with him and two friends soon enough. Should be fun. One of the best/funniest "football" games I've played, if not the best. Played  splitscreen co-op with my brother and we destroyed most of 'em.