SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Guilty Gear Xrd anyone? fucking amazing game

I just built this gross arcade stick for playing fighting games 

11219014_1527111187607331_89712836667626

12342375_1527111184273998_20361638033382

I'll build a better one some day, I already have the wood and stuff

Amazing, that's a nice amount of effort. 

And here I am still struggling with these Sub Zero combos in MKX with my keyboard, I swear I'll get a stick one day. ;-;

Amazing, that's a nice amount of effort. 

And here I am still struggling with these Sub Zero combos in MKX with my keyboard, I swear I'll get a stick one day. ;-;

Thank you ! Sawing the wood plank is exausting indeed

The stick makes your hands feel so free. I'll never play with my keyboard again *^*

Currently playing :

Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (almost everyday)
Project Diva F Second (on and off)
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: Ignition [Vita] (Emi is my main)
A Hat in Time (beta ver.)

Land's End and Esper for Gear VR 

[Really just messing around in the latter two since they're fairly quick to complete]

It's pretty surprising that I'm actually playing more than one game for once. Typically not a heavy gamer outside of retro stuffs & rhythm games.

Since visual novels are also technically games, I'm additionally going through Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate since it's been recently translated into English.
I could probably play more VNs with my Kanji dict. at hand (or VNR), but English makes the 50+ hours of game time much less painful.

[Does anyone still play Maplestory? I haven't touched the OG game in 8 years and private servers in 5. I'd probably get addicted again if I made a new acc. o_o]

I'll start playing Hotline Miami again as soon as I get home. It have to be dark and it have to be loud. It'll put me into a trance. One of the best games ever.

Will play Hotline Miami 2 after that. If it's half as good as the first game I'll be more than happy.

I've started playing Bloodborne again, this time I'm doing a skill/arcane build using Burial Blade as my main weapon and blades of mercy as my secondary. Fun times and I'm gonna start the DLC soon, I've heard that it's really good :)

Still waiting for my Xenoblade Chronicles X in the mail, should get here this week along with the collectors edition guide. I sorta wish I would have gotten better shipping, but I'm cheap xD

I love bloodborne! Please write what you think when you get to the dlc! :)

I love bloodborne! Please write what you think when you get to the dlc! :)

played the DLC twice already and it is awesome. Might actually be better than Dark Souls DLC... it has a great amount of content for the price tag and adds so much to the game. Also it fills in a few gaps and unanswered questions in the lore which is awesome.

I really hope they do another DLC but I'm pretty sure that they are done with Bloodborne since Dark Souls III is coming out in a few months.

Since I last posted (coincidentally exactly 1 month ago), I've finished a bunch of games.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Crappy final boss fight & super disappointing ending, but I still give the game high marks for the gameplay. Stabbing people in the gut/chest/face or slitting their throats or throwing knives into their foreheads NEVER GETS OLD. I even got the platinum trophy, yay for me!

Grow Home -  I fought through the nausea and made it back to my spaceship thing. Really a fun, cute little game that I would recommend. I just wish it didn't make me sick.. it's really unusual, cuz I don't typically get motion sickness..

Bastion - Interesting story. Gameplay was ok, but I wasn't really sold on it. Not gonna bother with any of the challenge room stuff.

Life is Strange - omg, I cried twice during this game. Very cool gameplay mechanics, emotionally affecting story. Highly recommended.

Tales from the Borderlands - Decently amusing story & dialogue. I probably would've liked it more if I had played any of the Borderlands games, cuz I assume there were a ton of references I missed. Actually it kind of made me want to play Borderlands, but then I remembered those are FPS and I don't play FPS. Too bad.

----

Currently playing:

The Witcher 3 - Only played about 2 hours, seems really cool. I did a quest involving a frying pan and I am amazed this stuff is all voiced and animated to such high quality. It makes me wish stuff like the Yakuza series would voice all their silly side quests. 

英雄伝説 閃の軌跡 (Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel) - Still pretty early in this game. God damn, so much dialogue. Gameplay seems fun so far. I am starting to wish that I had just gotten the English version cuz there actually isn't a lot of voice acting (the main character seems to be not voiced at all, outside of really important story scenes). Reading all the Japanese is slowing me down.. Also, I am getting tired of the stereotypical anime high school setting.

彼女(あのコ)はオレからはなれない (Ano ko wa ore kara hanarenai / "She won't leave me alone") - This is a visual novel, once again set in high school. I only bought it cuz it was on sale and I thought it would be an easy platinum... BUT IT HAS NO PLATINUM. Stupid me. It has next to zero gameplay.. all the choices are just "Which girl do you want to hang out with". Well, at least the story scenarios have been mildly amusing so far. But I'm starting to think every girl is annoying on some level, and that's a bad sign. Language-wise, it uses a ridiculous amount of internet slang that has me googling a whole lot... so I guess it's been educational.

Gems of War - Still grinding out one last trophy ("Reach level 100"). Nothing new to say about it. I almost want to quit but I'm already at level 85 so I might as well finish it.

Just got my platinum in Bloodborne and finished my NG+3 run as well. Pretty satisfying but I think I'm finally burnt out since I've been playing nothing but this since the beginning of December.... Kinda proud that I beat every boss (including DLC and chalice dungeon bosses) solo in NG+3 though, and most of them i beat the first try too xD

Now that I'm taking a break from Bloodborne my plans are to start playing Dragon's Dogma PC when it comes out tomorrow! So hype that Capcom decided to do a PC port and so far from what they have showed us it looks to be a pretty good port :D Can't wait to play it in 1080p and 60FPS!

im playing super metroid for the 9999999+ time but this time on my 3ds :D

also playing Xenoblades Chronicles on 3ds ( i think im almost done O_o almost 80 hours of gameplay)

then i'll go ahead and start Xenoblade Chronicles X on the WiiU

played the DLC twice already and it is awesome. Might actually be better than Dark Souls DLC... it has a great amount of content for the price tag and adds so much to the game. Also it fills in a few gaps and unanswered questions in the lore which is awesome.

I really hope they do another DLC but I'm pretty sure that they are done with Bloodborne since Dark Souls III is coming out in a few months.

I haven't beaten Laurence yet and i have trouble with Ludwig with my two other characters. Ludwig is probably one of my favorite bloodborne bosses, even though he is so damn difficult to beat. I agree that its definitely worth the price, it felt a lot longer than the dark souls dlc and i believe that it had the same price? Oh, by the way, can i add you on psn? It's nice to see some more fellow souls players!  

last month' play and beats:

nintendo:

Shatterhand - on NES, action platformer by Natsume.

Shadow Of The Ninja - on NES, action platformer by Natsume.

Journey to Silius - on NES, run'n'gun by Sunsoft

Batman - on NES, action platformer by Sunsoft, I was stuck at the final bosses...

Blaster Master - on NES, action platformer/shooter by Sunsoft, I was frustrated...

Final Mission - on Famicom, SHMUP by Natsume.

Dragon Fighter - on NES, action platformer/SHMUP/shooter by Natsume & SOFEL, I beat it twice.

Bio Force Ape (reproduction cart) - on NES, action platformer by SETA, pretty awesome prototype game, I'm trying to get a faster record.

Cocoron - on Famicom, action platformer by Takeru, I beat it three times with different combination of characters.

Seirei Densetsu Lickle (Little Samson) - on Famicom, action platformer by Takeru & Taito, my girlfriend's favorite game but she's not good at it, I beat it twice.

Guevara - on Famicom, overhead run'n'gun by SNK.

Heavy Barrel - on NES, overhead run'n'gun by Data East.

Power Blade - on NES, action platformer by Natsume.

Power Blade II - on NES, action platformer by Natsume & Taito.

Gremlins 2 The New Batch - on NES, overhead run'n'gun/adventure by Sunsoft.

G.I. Joe - on NES, run'n'gun/action platformer by Taxan, I was stuck at the final stage...

Dynamite Batman (return of the joker) - on Famicom, action platformer/shooter by Sunsoft.

sega

GG Aleste - on Game Gear, SHMUP by Compile, I made a quick play and without losing single life, I was happy.

Gunstar Heroes - on Sega Genesis, run'n'gun by Treasure.

Gain Ground - on Sega Master System, strategy/action by Sega, I was stuck at the final stage.

Doom - on 32X, FPS by iD software.

Kolibri - on 32X, SHMUP by Novotrade, I was stuck at the final stage.

Keio Flying Squadron - on Mega CD, SHMUP by Victor Entertainment.

NEC

Bomberman '94 - on PCE, puzzle by Hudson Soft.

Blazing Lasers - on PCE, SHMUP by Compile & Hudson Soft.

I haven't beaten Laurence yet and i have trouble with Ludwig with my two other characters. Ludwig is probably one of my favorite bloodborne bosses, even though he is so damn difficult to beat. I agree that its definitely worth the price, it felt a lot longer than the dark souls dlc and i believe that it had the same price? Oh, by the way, can i add you on psn? It's nice to see some more fellow souls players!  

sure go ahead! my psn ID is Zman_the_killer

Playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent with my girlfriends in the weekend. She's not really a big gamer and it's hard to find games she really enjoy, but she enjoys playing certain games a lot and last night we/she played Amnesia for 4 hours. Turn off all light and turn up the sound like hell. She loves it.

Would've been even better with headphones of course, but it works well with a powerful suround system as well.

I played the game with my ex some years ago and I wasn't convinced by it then. Didn't really like it at all, and it had no effect of me whatsoever. But that's changed because I really enjoy playing it now. Simple, but o-so effective. Great atmosphere. Almost shat myself at one certain point, and that's something that rarely happens no matter what I watch/play/do. Impressive.

Started Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on PC and it is surprisingly a very good port. It runs almost flawlessly at a solid 60fps without me really having to tweak any settings at all and only dips by like 5fps in select areas and certain intensive combat situations. I'm very pleased, good job Capcom :D

anybody else buy this PC port and is playing? If so let me know and we can friend each other on steam and share our pawns with each other!

Just for the lolz/me perverted, I went ahead and bought Onichanbara II for $20 on Amazon.

Just.......amazing. I haven't had this much fun in a hack-n-slash game since the Devil May Cry games. You completely forget that the characters are half naked haha. Highly recommend the game!

Siriusly doe, I wanna play Bayonetta.

^ We have the opposite problem, lol. 

I really want to play Onichanbara, the gameplay looks so fun. I have Bayonetta and while its gameplay is really awesome, I have yet to be sucked into the story enough to bother picking it up now and again. Totally worthy to play with just for the gameplay though!

I'll start playing Hotline Miami again as soon as I get home. It have to be dark and it have to be loud. It'll put me into a trance. One of the best games ever.

Will play Hotline Miami 2 after that. If it's half as good as the first game I'll be more than happy.

Absolutely amazing. The storyline is really dense but I found some levels way too long. Killer soundtrack too!

not really a video game but i am playing Blade & Soul finally. Played before on some russian server and it is good to know what the hell i am doing now. if anyone is playing on NA's Old Man Cho (my main, currently lvl 18 there) or Juwol(currently lvl 7) let me know

not really a video game but i am playing Blade & Soul finally. Played before on some russian server and it is good to know what the hell i am doing now. if anyone is playing on NA's Old Man Cho (my main, currently lvl 18 there) or Juwol(currently lvl 7) let me know

what do you mean not a video game...? looks like one to me xD

speaking of Blade & Soul I'm fixing to start up a character as well :)

what do you mean not a video game...? looks like one to me xD

speaking of Blade & Soul I'm fixing to start up a character as well :)

well its obviously a game but i see ~video games~ as console/handhelds ones(because thats the big majority on this thread i didnt know if it would be appropriate :(). in my head i always have MMORPGs/MOBAs in a different corner

i play mostly mmos these days i am so bad at completing games

apparently juwol is the ~less populated~ server so if you dont wanna deal with queue time TOO much then you might wanna try there

unless you are premium ofc

i finished playing the first witcher and i've been playing the second one... but i got busy with other stuff and i forgot about it for about two weeks O.o same with the witcher books which i've been re-reading... gotta go back to them and to the game ^^

some time ago i finished "love is strange" and i loved it <3 though the ending was kinda... i'm not gonna put spoilers here, but if you played, then you know xD

I've just beat Super Star Soldier on PCE only losing one life last night, yeah~

and I also beat Legendary Axe on PCE too. Many retro gamers regard it as a hard game, I don't really think so, once you get the pattern, you can do it very quickly, just remembrance.