Lestat

Dubtrack.fm / plug.dj

UPDATE: ROOM CAN BE FOUND HERE

UPDATE #2: The usual Sunday session will now be held all day, 24 hours: an open, full session day!

In light of the loss of Plug.dj, people have been talking about alternatives, and many came up with this suggestion. It is very similar to Plug.dj, and perhaps it will grow out to be a fine replacement. 

While still a tad wonky and perhaps 'unfinished', the website essentially works in the same way; you create an account, and you can join multiple music-rooms with the intention of streaming music from Youtube or Soundcloud. You can create playlists just the same, and since yesterday (2015.09.28) you have the possibility to create an account that is not linked to your Facebook or Twitter account, and exists solely on Dubtrack. I've done this and my username on there is Lestat. From the looks of it, this means that immediately after the demise of Plug.dj, the creators and developers of Dubtrack have decided to focus on forming a solid community that can replace its predecessors, and mean to seize this opportunity with swift and smooth transitions. 

I went ahead and created a new room simply called 'Monochrome Heaven', (««« url!) as we are used to. You can join this room, but there is no moderation apart from its creator (me), yet, as I haven't assigned anyone to these roles yet. If the room continues to grow in size and members, moderators can be assigned, but wouldn't it be nice if we could run this operation without too much of a hassle? Music is meant to open up people's eyes, and in terms of discussion, it should be handled with care and ease — and most of all; it should not be taken too seriously. Of course everyone is anxious to share their opinion, but please be considerate of other members and how heavily your words might influence their view on certain artists or groups. Don't make attempts on changing someone's music taste, this is something they have to discover for themselves. Everyone wishes to enjoy their own chosen musicians, songs, full albums, or whatsoever. It's their choice! No one's taste is fact, no band or artist can be considered anything but what someone's opinion says about them, and this is all personal. So please, share your joy, excitement, sadness, and disappointment, but be aware of your words.

Now that that's out of the way, I highly recommend that we give this a chance. The design is something that isn't too difficult to get used to as it's not extreme or over-the-top, and while we have no dancing avatars (yet?), we can choose our own icon to display next to our names, and personalize our experience this way. Now, to set a few rules in this room like before, mostly copied from @CAT5's list of rules in our previous thread:

• Remove yourself from the DJ-queue when you are AFK, or try not to be absent for too long (bathroom breaks are fine).
  • Do not play songs over 7 minutes without asking for permission first.
  • Do not repeat the same songs in one session. (You can play the same band, though!)
  • Do not down-vote songs, please use the upward arrow, or click the 'love'-button to grab songs and add them to your playlist!
  • We are a forum based around Japanese music, so try to adjust your playlists to this. Other music is fine, but remember our passion.
  • Be gentle with each other. While discussions are fine, don't overdo it.
  • Have fun, embrace the music, and deepen the bonds with your friends.
  • Sundays are sometimes theme-days! Suggest your theme in this thread, and it will be taken in consideration.

Here is a guide on how to use Dubtrack's current system. At the moment, the developers are working hard on design changes, bug-fixes, extra features, and a more easily accessible frame on how to operate the playlists and queues.

I followed all of you (for as far as this works). It's a bit difficult to keep track of, because it technically shows that all of you are online in the room (while you probably aren't), and it probably needs some time to register everything properly. 

Seeing as no one was present last Sunday, I'd like to address this replacement for Plug.dj once again. Sundays are open for everyone as I had hoped we could continue our weekly rituals.

I would like to give this a try, so if people want to join in next Sunday, I'll be there. Might be useful to post a reminder here once it's starting, and in the MH Facebook group too.

sweet. I made an account. don't know if I'll be able to make sundays but imma try.

Let's try and get Sundays going like before, that includes the announcements being updated with a link to the room. It's the same schedule as we've had before and a continuous reminder for everyone.

I really haven't been using Dubtrack at all, but if a regular time gets decided on I would try and stop by.  :lolita_cheerful:

Depending on the time that gets decided upon I might be able to make some of these sessions. Sunday at midnight GMT is the same as 9am on a Monday for me, so if I wake up early I should still be able to catch the later end of a session.

As was the same with plug, our regular Sunday sessions start at 8PM GMT, and this has already been decided. Midnight would be atrocious for every European as everyone has likely already gone to bed at that time, and we have also never played at that time.

I do not know what holds people back. There were four announcements yesterday, and unfortunately we only sat there with four people, and eventually three.

We thought about changing it to Saturday instead, but this will likely be an evening / day where people are enjoying themselves otherwise. The timeframe will always be an issue as it's revolving mostly around Europe and the United States as most people on the forum are from those areas, and this is unfortunate for the few people living in Asia, because it's always the middle of the night for them. 

You can always advertise for your own sessions in your own time, though — and simply see who will join. It's no doubt that there are always members around who are also having trouble with this schedule and that they're looking for a different time to play.