yakihiko

DADAROMA

Just me or is Yoshiatsu not that great live? Listening to their live dvd and for more than half of it he can't keep up his singing. That goes for screaming, soft singing and spoken word   When he manages a full song, it's pretty good though.

2 hours ago, rekzer said:

and why the hell is this live so heavily censored? 

Because of Yoshiatsu? 

😂 He does blow jobs and masturbation on stage.  It is slightly disturbing the first time you see it.

3 hours ago, rekzer said:

It's extremely annoying and kind of ruins the experience. I know there's probably kids in the audience, but as an adult I'm not gonna be horrified at masturbation gestures or swearing. 

51 minutes ago, platy said:

It's extremely annoying and kind of ruins the experience. I know there's probably kids in the audience, but as an adult I'm not gonna be horrified at masturbation gestures or swearing. 

exactly! I dont mind the censoring of the masturbation part but the beeps are really annoying 

7 hours ago, platy said:

Just me or is Yoshiatsu not that great live? Listening to their live dvd and for more than half of it he can't keep up his singing. That goes for screaming, soft singing and spoken word   When he manages a full song, it's pretty good though.

I thought so too, which really disappointed me. I saw them a couple years ago, and though my memory is a bit foggy by this point, I'm pretty sure he was a lot better than on the DVD. Though I guess that could have been due to the live environment. He also seemed a bit overly emotional on the DVD, sure it was their 3rd anniversary tour but he was acting like it was their last. Maybe they were already discussing disbandment/hiatus due to Yusuke's health?

7 hours ago, rekzer said:

Who knows, it really ruins what could have been some of the better performances though.

can anyone confirm if his dick was out fr or nah 

he does some difficult stuff on CD and that screaming in addition to this smoking ( and probably a lot of drinking ) is going to fuck him up in no time. I've always wondered how long his voice can last with posting pictures of him smoking and touring. 

@platy Gotta be more than just throat issues, the other two seem much more likely.

I agree the other guys were amazing, especially Yusuke even more now that we know what kind of pain he is in :( Such a shame he can't play anymore, I can't imagine how he feels emotionally or physically.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:34 PM, rekzer said:

I'm guessing they censored a bunch of stuff to try and make the band seem more risque than they really are. I mean, one of the words they censored was "AV" (meaning adult video). They also censored him jacking off the microphone. So my guess is they're just trying to make themselves way edgier.

Is sucking live a requirement for the whole post-Kyo screamer thing? I don't think I've seen a vocalist which I'd consider really good to match their studio performances live regularly. Yoshiatsu had a very unique screaming style and I really liked his cleans as well.

The thing with the drummer is pretty sad, he was definitely one of the best drummers of the scene and IMO the most talented member of Dadaroma. I'm not really that much of a fan of them but I happen to like a couple of songs quite a bit. I don't think the number of songs by them I like is much bigger than 5 though

These guys came up while letting YouTube shuffle through related videos and I REALLY liked what I heard. Went ahead and listened to dadaism #1 and #2 and while I still find them relatively enjoyable, they're SO good at the melodic metalcore thing that it's a shame they don't go all-in on that sound.

I know VK has a thing for mixing up genres, but I think they'd be really exceptional if they focused. (based on those two albums, at least - maybe later records are better?)

Samples from the new mini album are up!

Can't say I find them exciting enough to pre-order. Seems pretty mediocre to me, but I'm still digging Tururira at least. KISS wo shiyou seems to be the weakest one for me. I had really hoped for a heavier album, so I'm a bit disappointed. TBH I kinda wish Tururira was just a single instead.

This is probably their most solid record to date, I felt quite indifferent having listened to the digest, but after hearing the whole thing, the samples just didn't do the songs justice (as per usual with DADAROMA). None of the songs comes close to the likes of Lucid Dream, but overall, all of them flow really well and even though the genres and mood changes are all over the place, they just fit together as an EP. The compositions seem really mature and the added symphonic touches never felt out of place. The production is perfect, especially the drums, some bands should take notes. Definitely a highlight of the year and strong comeback to form.

Preview for their next single デンドロビューム (which seems to be an alternate way of pronouncing デンドロビウム, the flower Dendrobium https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrobium)

Yoshi's still a clown, but I'm enjoying the luminescent/neon colours going on. As for the song, I'm quietly excited for the release.

I have them Substituting for mejibray/Tsuzuku but OMG the Lycaon/Yuuki-sama influence is everything 🍆🍆💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦They know who the kings are! Not Eve and Mio

On 2/12/2019 at 7:12 PM, FOSCOR70 said:

Could someone make a mixtape of this band please?

Oh wow, that'd be a task! They have so many awesome songs in my opinion, would just end up being the whole discography. lol. May be up for this challenge when I have the time though, will PM you if I ever do sort out a mixtape.