Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

DuelJewel will disband

Sad news, but not a surprise. They've always been such an underrated long-time active VK band.

Their best era to me was back in 2006-2007. "azure" will always be one of my top favorite VK songs ever made.

This.

Their creativity died with VISIONS and azure, so it's not really sad for me as it'd have been if they broke up during those years. Still I'm slightly heartbroken to see them go after being active for so long.

This makes me feel too :[

Azure was also one of MY all time favorites back in the day. I used to love DuelJewel. This is no surprise of course, but I hope we will see members continue with music

Fuck... No one is surprised I guess, but it's really sad to see a band that went through so much fading away like this... I don't think they have half of the credit they deserve.

Anyone who does not know them, listen to VISIONS. You won't be disappointed.

I remember when I started listening to them back in college I really liked their first album. But ever since then hardly anything they released managed to impress me. Kind of amazing that a band that has been around this long is so consistantly bland and boring. It's actually hard to believe that they were around for this long.

RIP

At some point they were similar to Alice Nine but better. This lasted ~2 years. What they were doing the other 17 years? God knows.

Damn, I'm really sad, actually. Y'all trully disrespectful. This is the end of an era. They've been around for almost 20 years. Biggest achievement of this band is that they were the first indie VK band to perform outside of Asia. Even tough they went major, it's too bad they never got the recognition they deserve. Maximum respect for these guys.

This is a large tragedy for me if anything else. I was fond of almost all of their albums and always looked forward to what they were doing next. Never thought this would have happened. At least we're getting two more mini-albums but with how perfect the last album sounded, it seems like a wasted opportunity. I can only hope the other members continue on with new projects and you never know, they could return one day, at least as a couple day live comeback...

Haha, I didn't even know these guys were active. But hey, at least the fans are getting two new mini-albums before they disband. I think that's pretty amazing! :)

The old scene is just... dead. And it won't return. I've been talking to the older artists on Twitter and they say the same thing, they're not even anticipating great names anymore. Can anyone name a relevant band that hasn't disbanded or gone on an indefinite hiatus?

This might be a topic for another thread tbh. But there are a handful of 15-20 year vk bands still out there. I mean how long has Anti Feminism been around, or kra? Mucc, Merry, Dir en grey, SiD? What would you consider "relevant"?

Are any of those still Visual Kei bands, though? (With the exception of AF) They all started off in that scene but have wandered off into different directions where looks are no longer a part of their act.

Depends on how narrow your definition of vk is, I guess. Not here to argue that soft kei is still visual, though. Just to point out not all the elders in the scene are gone.

Sign in to follow this