Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

DuelJewel will disband

Damn, I'm really sad, actually. Y'all trully disrespectful. This is the end of an era. They've been around for almost 20 years. Biggest achievement of this band is that they were the first indie VK band to perform outside of Asia. Even tough they went major, it's too bad they never got the recognition they deserve. Maximum respect for these guys.

All of this.

Everyone know's they are disbanding for a good reason right? Hayato has a throat disease, they aren't just randomly disbanding after 18 year's because they were "Uninspired" Hayato is sick and his throat need's surgery. Show some respect to them at least, it may not be much to some people but I know if I was in a band for 18 year's then had to disband because I was sick, it would absolutely destroy me and I know I would want some support and understanding from the fan's of the band. Their last album was really good in my opinion, just try and be understanding people please, let's not be happy that a band is disbanding, this is their life and livelihood, well that's my opinion at least. Let's at least respect their long career, they were a band for one year less than my entire life, they worked hard and lasted a long long time. Thank's for all the year's DuelJewel!

As far as I knew, his throat was better? I know he took a 1-2 year hiatus from singing due to it and thought he had throat surgery during that time, unless they've stated that as the reason for disbanding.

^^ no one here is saying they're happy that DJ is disbanding though? At most some people (me included) think that their newer output isn't as good as their earlier one. I thought Hayato already had surgery on his throat too, quite a while ago in fact.

He did have his surgery, but their site says he never fully recovered and it's too hard to continue. 

Ahh, I guess that's a legitimate reason then. Best of luck to him with his recovery in that case.

I'll miss them.  As a long time fan - I feel it is the end of an era.  They were most definitely underrated, and I am sad to hear them go.

their new mini album "Jewel" will be released at 2015/08/26 (2 TYPE)

limited edition (2,484yen) will include CD+DVD (including "LIVE" PV & off-shot), and regular edition (2,160yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.LIVE
02.Beauty of the lie
03.ANSWER
04.落花流水(rakkaryuusui)
05.Voice (included in regular edition)

Liking the titles, sould be a good companion for 'Duel'. I'm just happy we're still getting these final two appropriately named mini-albums. I wish the best for Hayato since he's easily one of my favourite singers of visual kei. At least they had a great run, just wish they were more recognized.

Liking the titles, sould be a good companion for 'Duel'. I'm just happy we're still getting these final two appropriately named mini-albums. I wish the best for Hayato since he's easily one of my favourite singers of visual kei. At least they had a great run, just wish they were more recognized.

Luckily they have a pretty big fanbase in Japan, at least. When I went to see them live during Hayato's hiatus(when they were playing with backtracked vocals), it was at an event with ALSDEAD, アンド, †яi¢к  and some others. Even given all those bands, DJ easily had over twice as many people in the crowd to see them when it was their turn to play.

I usually don't say much but I also agree that they were very underrated.

I've discovered these guys in 2006 and since then I've been following them, buying their stuff and listening to their music.

It's difficult to explain but this band brought many good people together from many different countries and we're still in touch even today.

DuelJewel was influenced by Luna Sea, Hide, Siam Shade. Artists that don't need to be introduced.

They were the first Jrock/Visual band to play overseas; In 2002 these guys toured USA and made an US official fanclub called RAG.

In my opinion their whole discography is marvelous, since their demo tapes, but of course that nothing is perfect, there are songs that I usually don't listen or don't like much, just like in every other band, it's very difficult to compose a good song, sometimes it can be an impossible task.

It may sound strange for some people but I started listen to "visual-kei bands" because of its sound and not because of its image, when I started listening to MUCC and Despairs Ray, I didn't know they had a strong image back then, I didn't had a clue about what was vk until I've watched Fool's Fest '03.

Sugizo once said that he can't feel the soul in many vk bands nowadays because everyone is doing just to be equal like each other or to be stylish and not to be different. I totally agree with him, even though there are exceptions.

I'm sure you can feel this soul he's talking about in DuelJewel's music if you care about music in the first place and not only about visual style.

These guys will surely be missed but as long as we keep listening to their songs, their music will never die.

Even INORAN retweeted one of Shun's messages today. Seems like they were well appreciated across the board, which makes this even more bittersweet.

Even INORAN retweeted one of Shun's messages today. Seems like they were well appreciated across the board, which makes this even more bittersweet.

Yeah. Despite the disrespectful douches in this forum, they seem to get lots of respect from people that actally know something about music. Too bad they never had the recognition they deserve. I rewatched their live DVDs the other day, and damn, they're good !

I know GACKT has liked them for at least 10 years. He invited some of them to play with him in his TV appearences and some PVs and they say he was the one that told YOHIO to have them compose some (or all, I don't remember) songs from his 1st album, which is actually good, because it's not composed by the weeaboo himself and they also say they made a lot of money with this.

I hope their prestige gives them some recognition in their future projects. I'm looking forward to that.

Yeah. Despite the disrespectful douches in this forum, they seem to get lots of respect from people that actally know something about music. Too bad they never had the recognition they deserve.

Even in Japan they never got so famous, even if some famous musicians liked them indeed. And let's be honest, their latest releases were not as interesting (or good) as what they used to play... as if they wanted to act/look young. They didn't get so famous playing what they played in the old days, so they tried to sound a bit different? Even that didn't work... so my personnal bet is that, after a while, they got fed up (or some of them did) and they decided to stop the band. At least I would totally understand it if that was the reason.

Gackt showed a few times that he likes this band indeed, too bad that it wasn't enough to bring the band fans, at least in Japan.

If even Gackt and INORAN were "endorsing" their work, then you should be expecting them and others to be the mainstay for their (well, at least guitarists) future career as background songwriters or something like that (for major J-pop/VK acts for instance or so on).

Never got into this band but I found their popularity to be very intriguing (which vk bands aside from GB would be e.g. opening up the major baseball matches in Japan with their numbers? Nobodies wouldn't be doing this certainly)

Sign in to follow this