Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

9mm Parabellum Bullet new 4-A-side maxi single release

9mm Parabellum Bullet new 4-A-side maxi single "反逆のマーチ / ダークホース / 誰も知らない / Mad Pierrot" will be released at 2015/09/09

This is...confident? Especially when the preview track is annoying as hell.

Indeed. That preview sounds like a crappy mix of several other crappy songs they've done, haha.

I have no idea what these guys are doing anymore, as their creativity seems to have flown out the window a while back.

the guitar tone somehow reminds me of the soundtrack to those shitty new Yoshi's Island games

It's funny how their plan to become relevant again via a quadruple A-side has failed miserably (on here at least). I feel kind of bad for them but not really. Make better music, please?

^ From what I can tell, it seems like they have a substantial following in Japan, and probably crapton of connections by now. I also heard that they're still humble in the sense that they still do gigs at smaller/intimate venues from time to time as well. I don't feel sorry for them - I think they'll be around for quite a bit.

As for foreign fans - most of the folks I know that like/liked the band also feel that there's been a great decline in their music. For a band that started off so awesomely and has been so influential, I'm still shocked at the quality of music they put out now. It's a shame - especially since their early stuff is some of my favorite music to ever come out of the J-rock world. I suppose they've become industry hounds at this point, but I still try their new releases out of masochistic curiosity.

at least we still have MERRY to listen to these days if we want more 9mm : ^ )

Was optimistic and whilst it's not bad, it's not really interesting or anything new for them

Also, someone rocking out whilst eating pizza makes me cringe, did they really need open mouth and chewing shots

I would. Just because they aren't having a great run right now doesn't mean they can't come back. And even sub-par 9mm is better than a lot of other bands, imho.

I would. Just because they aren't having a great run right now doesn't mean they can't come back. And even sub-par 9mm is better than a lot of other bands, still.

Statements like the one I just posted are usually the kind I try to avoid making, but I feel particularly fervent about 9mm since they've been such an important band in my musical journey. I hate to sound like what one of those "early material > everything else" elitists, but sadly, that's been the case for me. They hit their peak with their first album and they've been on a decline ever since. After 4 albums and 6 singles worth of fodder, and now this new song (which sounds like an even lamer rehash of 'black market blues' with a tacky wah-wah riff added to make things worse), you'll have to forgive me if I'm not exactly optomistic for their future.

Sign in to follow this