Sign in to follow this  
Cristate

Val's Bass Covers (J-Rock / VK / American Metalcore)

Hey everyone, I recently bought a GoPro and started making some bass covers.

Hope you guys like it.

This far I've made many of MEJIBRAY, but I plan on going with other bands I really like (Versailles, D, DIR EN GREY, Matenrou Opera, Kiryu, etc etc)

Subscribe and comment if you like it !

Sabato / MEJIBRAY

Nepenthes / MEJIBRAY

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like it ! Currently I'm uploading Black Baccarat and King For A Day (Pierce The Veil), if you wanna check these out !

Nice covers. Seems like you've been playing for a while?

I'd love to see that King For A Day cover. I'm a big PTV fan. Can't wait to see them on warped this year.

Thanks everyone !

Actually I've been playing two years, but started straight away with Versailles so... yeah. But I'm glad you guys think I can play well, I've been kinda insecure about my playing until I started covering haha.

Here's King For a Day, let me know what you think !

sabato & yurameki!!

Haha thx ! These songs are fire. I'll make Sabato again tho, I have a better recording gear nowadays, this song deserves the perfect sound.

Haha thx ! These songs are fire. I'll make Sabato again tho, I have a better recording gear nowadays, this song deserves the perfect sound.

yeah i love them! waa i thought it sounded great already, why not cover another meji song instead?

yeah i love them! waa i thought it sounded great already, why not cover another meji song instead?

I'm about to do A Priori, Karma and Killing Me !

But I really wanna re-record Sabato and Decadance with a proper sound. :)

Wow, great stuff!! Nice job with slap/popping too~

Did you learn to play by yourself?

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more of your covers. Keep up the great work! : D

Ah, Thank you so much !

Actually, I did. I used to play guitar on my own but it was very meh. Story is, I just harassed my parents for a bass, but them not being musicians were like "it's a useless instrument and you'll give up like you gave up guitar", that lasted for like 2 years until I just fucked it up and bought a bass on my own anyway lol. They wouldn't want to pay classes so I just grabbed tabs and made my way until now. I miss a lot of technique though, hope I can catch up with classes sometime.

I'm working on a few Kiryu, ViViD, Luna Sea, Versailles, D and MEJIBRAY songs I said in my last post. Thanks for the feedback and encouragement !

Ah, Thank you so much !

Actually, I did. I used to play guitar on my own but it was very meh. Story is, I just harassed my parents for a bass, but them not being musicians were like "it's a useless instrument and you'll give up like you gave up guitar", that lasted for like 2 years until I just fucked it up and bought a bass on my own anyway lol. They wouldn't want to pay classes so I just grabbed tabs and made my way until now. I miss a lot of technique though, hope I can catch up with classes sometime.

I'm working on a few Kiryu, ViViD, Luna Sea, Versailles, D and MEJIBRAY songs I said in my last post. Thanks for the feedback and encouragement !

Oh wow, that's still really impressive though!!  I'm trying to learn bass myself, and actually, I bought my first bass about 6 years ago, but I stopped and gave up pretty fast.  Fortunately, I've been picking it up again recently, but who knows how long before I'll give up again, haha. It's really hard D :  Or maybe I don't have enough passion for it..

But anyway, glad that you're not giving up fast like me!  I'm quite inspired by your dedication~ : ]

Oh wow, that's still really impressive though!!  I'm trying to learn bass myself, and actually, I bought my first bass about 6 years ago, but I stopped and gave up pretty fast.  Fortunately, I've been picking it up again recently, but who knows how long before I'll give up again, haha. It's really hard D :  Or maybe I don't have enough passion for it..

But anyway, glad that you're not giving up fast like me!  I'm quite inspired by your dedication~ : ]

Thank you so much haha !

Just try to set goals, don't go too fast. Just try american pop bands with very basic bass lines, though effective. Once you know the pleasure of hearing your bass sticking to the rest of a song you can never let go ! Then try to move on with Japanese bands if you will, you gotta love their bass lines haha. Good luck !

Thank you so much haha !

Just try to set goals, don't go too fast. Just try american pop bands with very basic bass lines, though effective. Once you know the pleasure of hearing your bass sticking to the rest of a song you can never let go ! Then try to move on with Japanese bands if you will, you gotta love their bass lines haha. Good luck !

Yeah, I noticed that I need to have more patience haha.  Gotta take it slow and practice a little per day.  Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I noticed that I need to have more patience haha.  Gotta take it slow and practice a little per day.  Thanks for the advice!

Keep me updated about your progress :P

My fingers hurt btw

I know I'm like 6 months late but that PTV "King For a Day" cover was great! I also really loved "Yurameki". And even on the newer videos you're showing a lot of growth and got some cool text intros now? Nice. 

Sign in to follow this