Rosebetz

the GazettE new album "DOGMA" 8/2015 release

So let's stop all the meta chatter about what other people think about what other people think. It doesn't make for good conversation.

While I agree with your points, your closing statement irks me. Last time I checked, healthy debates and sharing an opinion actually makes for good conversation.

While I agree with your points, your closing statement irks me. Last time I checked, healthy debates and sharing an opinion actually makes for good conversation.

There is a time and place for healthy debates and sharing opinions as well. This is the time but this is not the place. News topics should be left for generating/subduing hype and expectations for new releases. Meta discussions about thoughts, feelings, opinions towards the artist & each other should go in this topic.

Meta discussions do not make for good discussion in news topics because then the topic stops being focused around the news and more around opinions.

Meta discussions do not make for good discussion in news topics because then the topic stops being focused around the news and more around opinions.

Pretty sure you were dishing out a fair few opinions in this thread today, but OK. Message understood.

Easily whats the point of having a BAND if you release what others want and not what you want? Yeah you can get some or few opinions from others but you have to make MUSIC that you want to make that you will love in the first place as an artist thats what i think...^^

Pretty sure you were dishing out a fair few opinions in this thread today, but OK. Message understood.

This thought only occurred to me after my earlier post. Depending on how I feel about it after more thinking I will explain in more detail after tonight's maintenance.

Me reading Zeus's post:

dhMeAzK.gif

Easily whats the point of having a BAND if you release what others want and not what you want? Yeah you can get some or few opinions from others but you have to make MUSIC that you want to make that you will love in the first place as an artist thats what i think...^^

Yes. And in regards from the transition from TOXIC/DIVISION to Beautiful Deformity and these DOGMA clips, its a clear sign that they're back to making what they want. Is it wrong to think that we prefer something genuine (even if there are a few who have an issue with the direction or always have), vs something uninspired and boring? 

Also, important highlight....the continuity of "ballad" songs (Untitled, Dripping Insanity, Beautiful Deformity) is broken :/

Perfect example of growth, haha!

Also, important highlight....the continuity of "ballad" songs (Untitled, Dripping Insanity, Beautiful Deformity) is broken :/

Perfect example of growth, haha!

Thats pretty much the one thing I look for in an album and it's gone as far as I can tell. They make such good ballads too.

Thats pretty much the one thing I look for in an album and it's gone as far as I can tell. They make such good ballads too.

i just realized honestly WHERE DID THE BALLADS GO!!!!!?!?!?!?!?! im mad

i just realized honestly WHERE DID THE BALLADS GO!!!!!?!?!?!?!?! im mad

I just realized it  when @The MAD Stallion brought it up. I was like wait, what?

I just realized it  when @The MAD Stallion brought it up. I was like wait, what?

i remembered when i was listening to the previews that there was no slow acoustic/light guitar ballad. im sure there's 1 or 2 ballads in there, they're just heavier than what we're used to

I'm willing to bet that one or two of the mid-heavy sounding songs are actually what you'd consider ballads with misleading previews. The length of most of the tracks kind of stomps hard on hopes for a progressive approach, but I mean all songs have to progress somewhat XD even GazettE songs.

^ This, SHIVER (The song itself) is the worst thing GazettE has ever done IMO.

They just aren't a good band for anime openings, and anime openings are terrible to begin with.

Honestly to this day when I hear that song I don't know how my fandom survived...

Oh actually nvm I remember, so thankful for strong b-sides on that single...

i remembered when i was listening to the previews that there was no slow acoustic/light guitar ballad. im sure there's 1 or 2 ballads in there, they're just heavier than what we're used to

If there are some they must be the shortest ballads they produced considering the song lengths. Guess I'll revisit this after the full release though

I think Ominous and Grudge will be considered the ballads on this album. Hard ballads for the win!

^ This, SHIVER (The song itself) is the worst thing GazettE has ever done IMO.

They just aren't a good band for anime openings, and anime openings are terrible to begin with.

Honestly to this day when I hear that song I don't know how my fandom survived...

Oh actually nvm I remember, so thankful for strong b-sides on that single...

ROFL. I like the opening for Shiver and then its downhill when the verse starts lol But I think the worse song for Gazette is "Break Me" and the Fadeless B-side songs.

I was worried the GazettE was gonna go down anime oblivion with SHIVER.

Thank God they didn't and yes, I agree....that single had amazing B-sides.

I like how An Unbearable Fact was a continuation of Naraku. That's what i was tryna get at in the earlier post. I loved how there was that ONE song that served continuity to another. Sucks that its not apparent (at least from what we know). To me the continuity is when the songs have the same keys, same time tempo but have a relatively different song composition. Its so cool. 

Coming back after one week, and boom, all these pages... :D

Anyway, listened to the samples, can't really say anything, other than the snippets sound like a mixture between BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY and lynch (or something like that... anyway, a nice mini-evolution while still being undeniably gazette-ish)... which is pretty much okay for me so far, I guess. We'll see how it turns out.

I will tell my thoughts after listening to the whole thing, because with only one full song (which I enjoyed very much) and 10 seconds of preview for others I cannot give a final opinion of the product...

So -10 :)

After listening to the previews a bit more, tracks 4 and 7 seem the most interesting to me personally so far..

The GazettE were featured on Metal Injection six days ago, how the fuck did I miss this? :o

"THE GAZETTE's New Song Is Japan's Answer To Bands Like KATATONIA" - Metal Injection

I still haven't heard OMINOUS, but as a Katatonia fan, an article name like that inspires confidence.