Rosebetz

the GazettE new album "DOGMA" 8/2015 release

I was digging that spot until 1:11. I don't have any issue with electronic music per se but I don't think the GazettE have done anything particularly interesting with it in their last three albums either. I was hoping they'd have moved on from it but that teaser suggests otherwise. Live song snippet sounds okay but its way too short and in too low quality to make any judgements.

Always exciting to hear new stuff from Gaze, but it has been a steady road downwards after Stacked Rubbish and DIM really..... There have been the good moments, but overall Gazette has lost something they had in the olden days, I'm afraid

The electronics are not the problem, they never were. The problem lies in what you do with them. There are plenty of bands who make this kind of stuff work wonderfully, with a good balance between vocals/instruments and electronic elements. So I don't think that electronics immediately equals "another DIVISION" or any of the sort, it's just waiting if they've finally improved on how to use them.

Those electronics at least sound a bit better than their earlier stock wubs, e.g. those tracks where Ruki had a "bigger" hand in production than his bud TeddyLoid and so on (some DIVISION SEs...)

Also, speaking of tour merch:

I usually don't take anything that goes inside Ruki's usual 'buzzword lexicon' ("RAD", "VENT" etc.) on his Black Moral stuff literally, but

https://instagram.com/p/0B6v57QOfB/?modal=true

Sound:

Industrial

D'n'B

Grunge

Heavy

Dark Age

...I don't know about you, community but my guess would be him actually hinting at their current, ~auditory~ (HA!) direction? Just theorizing :V

Edit:

Speaking of their latest gig (10/3)

Setlist:

01. 13 STAIRS[-]1

02. INSIDE BEAST

03. VORTEX

04. Worthless War

05. Psychedelic Heroine

06. 赤いワンピース

07. Crucify Sorrow

08. Sugar Pain

09. reila

10. QUIET

11. 虚無の終わり 箱詰めの黙示

12. MY DEVIL ON THE BED

13. VENOMOUS SPIDER’S WEB

14. ATTITUDE

15. HEADACHE MAN

16. DISCHARGE

17. Filth in the beauty

Encore

01. 春雪の頃

02. TOMORROW NEVER DIES

03. 関東土下座組合

04. LINDA~candydive pinky heaven~

05. 未成年

Double Encore

01. New Song

Source: vif-music

UHH can I fucking LIVE in this trailer?

Beautiful, it feels like something actually inspirational! Instead of just the usual drive to be on the cutting edge digital coolness

All of the Imagery is excellent I really like the shot of the waves on the shore with the torches.. even the one with the chick whipping her hair back was pretty tasteful and cool (if kind of unfitting -- being something I'd expect from inside beast) This is kind of a dream teaser as far as im concerned. Never really imagined we'd be looking at GazettE looming around abandoned churches and such

The electronics are not the problem, they never were. The problem lies in what you do with them. There are plenty of bands who make this kind of stuff work wonderfully, with a good balance between vocals/instruments and electronic elements. So I don't think that electronics immediately equals "another DIVISION" or any of the sort, it's just waiting if they've finally improved on how to use them.

Yep, that's basically what I was trying to get at in my post as well. So far their attempts at incorporating electronic elements into their sound seem to have mostly taken the form of writing generic archetypical GazettE songs and then throwing random electronic sounds over the top of them in a rather superficial way. If they're going to continue with the electronic stuff on DOGMA, then I really hope they change their approach somewhat.

The music played wasn't nearly as interesting as the visuals. That clip posted yesterday gives me more hope for a better approach/concept for this new album.

Cool.

Just checked live reports and most attendees happen to agree with general thoughts around here (even after listening to the whole performance)

E.g. 2ch (I can link if someone's skeptic tho) already hinted that the whole song was VERY DIM-influenced and was somewhat reminiscent of LEECH (with lots of shouting/screaming w/ Aoi supporting Ruki in that ALONE) except with mellower and more melodic passages (there was even a piano break?)

I honestly don't know what to say, I guess I'll wait until more previews are released or whenever the album drops. For now it's just meh.

Just checked live reports and most attendees happen to agree with general thoughts around here (even after listening to the whole performance)

E.g. 2ch (I can link if someone's skeptic tho) already hinted that the whole song was VERY DIM-influenced and was somewhat reminiscent of LEECH (with lots of shouting/screaming w/ Aoi supporting Ruki in that ALONE) except with mellower and more melodic passages (there was even a piano break?)

Can you please give be the link to the 2ch page? ^^