Ikna

lost.fm

Yeah, me and several friends are all missing our scrobbles. :|

Edit: They seem to have returned.

So, Last.fm rolled out another API update, and it completely destroys Google Chrome for me. Nine out of ten times when I visit the website, my browser ends up freezing only to receive some sort mish-mash between black and blank screens. Anyone else? 

So, Last.fm rolled out another API update, and it completely destroys Google Chrome for me. Nine out of ten times when I visit the website, my browser ends up freezing only to receive some sort mish-mash between black and blank screens. Anyone else? 

No problems here but I just navigated to the main page. I'm using Firefox as well so someone else will need to test using Chrome. The large amount of complaints on a once dead unofficial subreddit is a bad omen.

All I have to say is that the new home page is awful. The black on grey on red color scheme is vomit inducing and the page is too busy. Too many things that catch my eye but tell me nothing in particular. Everything is also so large as if I could miss any of it. Does the rest of the site look like a mess?

lastfm is having all sorts of issues lately, yesterday everything was breaking and disappearing for me(and others)

im also using firefox so i cant test it

another problem that has been going on for a while is that while lastfm has been messing with catalogue to "improve" it, they didnt notice they broke it:

AGB5U4B.png

(the ones w/ no artwork are not clickable, not even artist name, its all plain text)

apparently new albums arent being added to the lastfm database/catalogue which i noticed started happening early this week... or maybe last week...

they say they will look into it after holidays

Am I missing something, or is there no way to see an alphabetical list of artists in your library?

All I see is sorting by number of plays & time period...

(Yeah, alphabetical order is useless for the artists with Asian-language names, but still.. seems like such a basic thing.)

Man I miss the old view where it would display a rectangular pic of each artist. The tiny circular picture is so lame.

I use Chrome on 2 different computers, never had a crash/freeze from Last.fm. Could it be a conflict with an extension you're using?

When you want to add a cover on the album you've just listened and fuck.fm say it's nowhere to be found. *roll eyes*

Made a return to using the scrobbler earlier today because I'm failing at keeping track of my listening history and honestly do miss the site even if it's looking as it is. Haven't bothered with visiting in a while, so does anyone know if there's any way to locate groups now? I wanted to check out our MH group on it and still can't see anything to take me there. ;-; Tried Googling, but no success. The old layout still comes up with no updates being apparent on it.

28 minutes ago, beni said:

Made a return to using the scrobbler earlier today because I'm failing at keeping track of my listening history and honestly do miss the site even if it's looking as it is. Haven't bothered with visiting in a while, so does anyone know if there's any way to locate groups now? I wanted to check out our MH group on it and still can't see anything to take me there. ;-; Tried Googling, but no success. The old layout still comes up with no updates being apparent on it.

groups are ded and i dont even know if they plan to bring them back

Recently joined, I haven't done anything yet besides scrobbling bc honestly I don't get the site at all...  .__.

7 hours ago, allisapp said:

I still can't access my profile... (Firefox) I am so sad. ;__;

What exactly can't you access though? I've always been using firefox and I've never had any issues considering my profile or going from the old to the new layout.

I've had it for a few months now and I don't follow many people and vice versa, so add me, it's in my signature :-)

Since we can add pictures and bios again, I'm much happier. 

My profile is still the same if people want to masturbate to how many times I've listened to bands that only released 3 songs.

http://www.last.fm/user/Le_newtype

I still think charts should show how many times each song was listened to in a given period, not total unique listeners ever, but that's just me.

I'm really happy to see that they brought back the compatibility rating. Would be nice if it still told you the main artists that you have in common, but oh well, it's a start.