Ikna

lost.fm

So if im reading this thread correctly as well as the shit storm that was the status updates over the last few months....

>Complaints.

>Last fm updates.

>Still complaints....even more exaggerated than before especially when the site clearly says "beta version."

>Last.fm Finally updates some features

>Ppl happy.

Seems like ppl just need some patience....?

So if im reading this thread correctly as well as the shit storm that was the status updates over the last few months....

>Complaints.

>Last fm updates.

>Still complaints....even more exaggerated than before especially when the site clearly says "beta version."

>Last.fm Finally updates some features

>Ppl happy.

You missed the part where they launch the new design with barely any functionality and ignoring user feedback during its beta stage

Its been 4months and we just got pic upload back.

Voted for that Novembers pic, pho!!

>Rolled out optional new beta alongside old layout and asks for suggestions and improvements

>Complaints.

>Last.fm forces the updates without taking any user feedback from complaints first.

>Now they layout is no longer in beta because it is now "in production".

>The new skin removes/breaks functionality that has been a part of the website for years, including things such as voting images up/down, deleting accounts, creating journals, and editing wiki entries.

>The new skin provides no new functionality

>The new skin is easier to browse on a mobile device but more difficult to browse on a computer (personal preference but I think the original layout was fine even if it needed some work. the new layout is an eyesore)

>The new layout is incompatible with the last.fm playground killing off a ton of additional third-party services with no warning.

>No new third-party services have been added to fill the gap.

>Scrobbles if/when it feels like it, leaving the only remaining feature of Last.fm to be inconsistent at best.

>Terrible "integration" with Spotify...it's not even integrated well the website functions as a browser version of Spotify that just opens up the program when requested...

>Staff deletes complaints from Twitter feed instead of addressing them maturely (how much shit would I get for this if I did it to anyone here?)

>Little to no communication about what features are planned to return when.

>Last.fm Finally updates restores some features in a half-broken state.

>Said features are either long overdue or not the most highly requested features by users.

>Ppl (whoever hasn't left) happy slightly less upset than before.

It's more than "just patience". This is years of gross incompetence and mismanagement. CBS has thrown in the towel and wants to kill off the service or integrate it with already existing ones. They've all but come out and said it. Last.fm was early to the party but late to perform if you catch my drift. It had the right idea more than ten years ago, but they didn't play to their strengths. Instead of pushing nerdy data crunching tools they're trying to get you to purchase music and buy Subscriber accounts and listen to the Last.fm radio, none of which is worth the $3 monthly fee they charge you. It's not even why most people use the website (I liked the charts, graphs, and the science they were doing with categorizing music by mood,speed,etc.) and it shows how out of touch management is with the user base.

Users aren't leaving the website in droves for no reason.

be·ta ver·sion
  1. a version of a piece of software that is made available for testing, typically by a limited number of users outside the company that is developing it, before its general release.

As before, you don't understand what beta means. It doesn't mean relaunch the site in its default state a broken mess, and then take FOUR months to add basic features back. Do you even use the site? 

So how many of you are going to remain users? I'm nearing 10k scrobbles finally and the site still works for what I was using it for. I do wish it wasn't so barren though. 

I'm conceited, when are they gonna make it so you can click refresh on your profile page and then the recent tracks refresh??  :lolita_sad:

I don't mean like literally F5, a refresh without refreshing. :v

I'm still scrobbling, because I've been doing it for 9.5 years, have 191k scrobbles, and (perhaps foolishly) invested a ton of time into making my charts "accurate".

However, they've already messed it up because, for example, my unicode REIGN tag is now auto-redirecting to unicode Reign, which is a different VK band. Same is happening for SHIVA -> Shiva. Even though I disabled the "auto-correct" function!!! I don't really want to change the tags to something more fucked up, like mixing unicode & regular letters.

Like everyone else, I hate the new design. I don't understand why they launched it while it was still in beta. How could it take them so many months to re-add something as basic as image uploading & voting?? Granted, I don't know very much about website development, but the way they've handled it doesn't make sense.

I just want them to fix the search, it's so hard to find Japanese bands when they only let you choose from 5 search items per search.

Search is useless, I just type/paste the band name into the URL.

^ same. actually, i never used the search function. 

i am experiencing the forced redirecting as well, even though i have auto correct disabled.

the covers are also not being displayed correctly. for example, if they release a single and then include that single in the album, even if you clearly tagged the song with the ALBUM, they force the single's cover on your scrobbles. ugh.

they made changes to the library again

https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/website-update-16th-december

Features
  • Restyled library pages, 50% less whitespace!
  • Custom date range filtering in the library
  • Support BBCode and fix formatting of overview page wikis
  • Bring back support for the www.last.fm/user/_ shortcut
Bugfixes
  • You can now unfollow people
  • Voting on images for artists containing non-roman characters
  • Bring back profile about me on mobile
  • Bring back dashboard introduction text
  • Maintain i18n path when adding first image
  • Language switcher preserves your location in galleries
  • Stop ads breaking the layout on mobile
some of these bugs i was experiencing nonstop so i am glad they fixed it.
i didnt even notice the library changes lol.

while browsing the forums like 3 months ago, people were asking for the double artist charts to comeback (when we had one as a list and another as a image grid). they either hired new people or the current staff didn't know their users at all. one of staff members asked "why would you want two things that say the exact same thing?" ????? If you browse the website enough (and thats what i expect from a staff!!!!!!) you would know that majority of your userbase used the image grid for 7~30 days range and list for 90~all time range or vice versa. This is one of the things i'm hoping they'll add back, although it will probably look ugly as fuck because everything is so big and cluttered now.

they have no idea wtf they are doing and im pretty sure they have less than 15 people working on lastfm rn. probably less than 10.

--

Yeah, I can't believe how anyone could make a search function that's so fucking useless!

But just like peffy, I've been using last.fm for almost 10 years now and I just can't stop using it now. Though I have only a little bit over 100,000 scrobbles (I took a break from last.fm for a few years lol), I just can't stop using last.fm.

And like Lestat said, I loved having two different artist views. I used the grid view as a custom list of my current favorite bands, and the list view for my top bands in the past 356 days. I hate the album view, because the bands I follow don't usually release full albums. It's fucking useless. Would it be so difficult to implement a custom solution, so that every user can choose which information to show on those three "list spots"?

BUT there is ONE good thing about the new last.fm!! I love those new listening trend visualizations that show when you've been listening to something.