CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #12: What year did you start listening to VK?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #12  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What year did you start listening to VK?

• 1996 or before-

I think it was around 2005/2006 where I began my interests in glam metal. Bands such as Cats in Boots, X Japan, Loudness and Anthem were included in the picture but I never actually tied the term 'Visual Kei' to their performances. It began to dawn on me somewhere around 2010 that some of these bands were a separate form of music that had a specific name in Japan and that they were tied to glam metal simply because of the era-sharing and similar images to those 80's bands.

Well, originally I thought it was 2002, when I was exposed to Gackt and listened to moon.

Then when I found out that GLAY/Laputa were Vkei too, I had to reconsider.

So, like around 1998. Doesn't feel that way at all lol.

Sometime around '97.  I grew up with a Chinese kid as my best friend and his uncle was obsessed with VK after he travelled to Tokyo.  After he came back, he showed us some albums from the time, though I didn't get it because I was only 10 at the time.  He kept showing us stuff over the years and then when services like winmx etc. started popping up, I downloaded it on my own and the rest is history.

november 30th 2015 was my exact date of getting into vk. my friend send me a link to a jupiter album on youtube which i wasn't too interested in, but then i started clicking on the recommended videos and soon found messiah and venoms by mejibray which i downloaded instantly.

and now i'm in hell heaven

jesus, this thread makes me feel like a MAJOR fetus.........

Edited by itsukoii

2008 seems like a lot longer to me but it's a pretty decent amount of time I guess almost 9 years now.