doombox

Banner Band Suggestions

I'm really grateful for all the work @Ito and @sai have put into the new rotating banners and I was curious what bands MH would like to see up there? And then, I dunno, maybe this thread can serve as a resource if they run out of ideas at some point.

I know some bands I'd really love to see grace the site at some point are:

• ONE OK ROCK
  • MUCC
  • Femme Fatale (and/or Kaya)
  • NoGoD
  • SiM
  • exist†trace
  • girugamesh

I could do lots more but yeah, I want to hear from other users too. 

I think it would amazing if we could get a Arukara and/or 88kasyo Junrei banner :D

• Arukara
  • 88kasyo Junrei
  • The Novembers
  • Owarikara
  • Gekitetsu
  • Cinema staff

That's pretty much the bands that I would really love to see on a MH banner at some point in time :P

I could just copy+paste my entire list of favorite bands here but that would be quite pointless.

for now, some reasonably popular/iconic VK (this word demands emphasis) bands i would love to see have their banners are:

- vistlip

- xTRiPx

- ALSDEAD

- Blu-BiLLioN

- DELUHI

- Kagrra,

- RoNo☆Cro

- Royz (if only just to spite their throngs of haters here ;))

Thanks for the creation of this thread ender. And many thanks to sai and Ito for the lovely batch of banner creations.

Would like to +1 a handful above, such as MUCC, girugamesh, exist†trace, THE NOVEMBERS, DOG, Royz and ALSDEAD. (Pretty much all suggestions!) Thought I should voice out my own like for possibly seeing MEJIBRAY, PLASTICZOOMS and TK/ling tosite sigure ones *waves to CAT5 on this one*More'll come to mind with time, and I already have some others in my head but are probably more for a laugh since they don't really fit into the forum style or the majority of user's tastes xD

Although I doubt it's a prerequisite, here are some bands that are well known/well respected/revered that I'd suggest. Pics in the spoilers.

Tokyo Jihen (東京事変)

i7XIkHc.jpg

81aoMUA.jpg

zgEmZpd.jpg

qXoBlUT.jpg

7rAbAZA.jpg

toe

AX1UyUi.jpg

vtkjB40.png

THE NOVEMBERS

ygD1gVW.jpg

Ng5bxre.jpg

y50xQDI.png

LOSTAGE

n7zFaHe.jpg

cFbaOjf.jpg

mMTTEdS.jpg

ZAZEN BOYS

23JFHve.jpg

8REQCGl.jpg

a2fpSCb.jpg

DOWNY

ryuXc2Q.jpg

MERRY

aZakfxw.jpg

ZzrDMA3.jpg

the GazettE

dR8RmYM.jpg

96ssGpU.jpg

srMUt0P.jpg

NzCan0n.jpg

gNQ8Ay9.jpg

ocpfhft.jpg

DIR EN GREY

yYcgJZV.jpg

D5oHRtG.jpg

eYL34nV.jpg

bG2wLSC.jpg

fYsnKvV.jpg

XD0XHES.png

I second Merry, The Novembers and Tokyo Jihen! I'd love to see lynch. too.

DEG banner would probably start a shitstorm about what picture to use, lol (vk vs. non-vk etc..)

Should we add a running poll to the first post, so it's easier to keep track of the bands we "vote" for?

I just don't know if this list will grown too large for something lke that but I'll try adding a poll when my internet is working again. Its too hard to do it from my mobile. ^^;

I'll be working on a new banner soon! I will be putting a few suggestions from this thread in a poll and you guys can vote on which one you want to be done :D I hope this way you guys feel a bit more part of the progress of putting up new banners in our rotating banner system!

Note that only I willl be working with polls. Ito works differently and I respect that, so I won't pressure him into doing this if he doesn't feel up to it.

I'll be working on a new banner soon! I will be putting a few suggestions from this thread in a poll and you guys can vote on which one you want to be done :D I hope this way you guys feel a bit more part of the progress of putting up new banners in our rotating banner system!

Note that only I willl be working with polls. Ito works differently and I respect that, so I won't pressure him into doing this if he doesn't feel up to it.

How exciting! Thank you so much on all the work, effort and time you both spend on making them and the site look so fab. Both of you, amazing stuff as always, and thanks for informing us on this too.

Also if you haven't noticed we've included a new banner made by sai. Look for it!

Either the refresh really hates me at this moment, or it is the one I had instantly noticed yesterday. x') The Tokyo Jihen one? : 3 Now that one is certainly eye catching in the best way against the darker lot. So pretty!

- Ling Tosite Sigure

- Rentrer en Soi (most of the community is quite fond of RES, right?)

- Downy

and when it comes to "don'ts":

- DEFINITELY NOT DEG (even the pettiest things might trigger outrages in our stanbase, just saying)

In overall, I consider the most liked/popular bands to be the best banner choices (as Cat mentioned it already) - that would ofc mean exclusion of certain banners (Jupiter) but I am not the one to dabble with admin picks! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 凛 -the end of corruption world-
  • amber gris
  • WING WORKS
  • Morrie/DEAD END

Totally here for LIN, amber gris and WING WORKS (that could bring a nice futuristic touch!)