Sign in to follow this  
doombox

Ender's Karaoke Corner (Vocal Covers)

I don't have any good equipment, but I like to sing stuff sometimes.

This was a one-take lo-fi computer recording using youtube karaoke music. lol. But it was fun and if anyone wants to know what I sound like this is as real as it gets. I've always sang punk and metal so if you came looking for a "pretty" voice, you might be a little disappointed. ^^;

Paramore - Monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5tgbWhxdM8

This song is a little high in my range so there's a couple pitch problems in the beginning but it gets better into the second half. 

The funny thing is that... I think this is the first time I have ever heard your voice in the what? 6ish years I've known you? HAS TI BEEN THAT LONG? 2008/2009 right? ANYWAY you have a pretty good tone, I think you're right when you say some parts were a bit high for you, but it doesn't sound bad. Plus I noticed there's songs that I couldn't sing years before but gradually over time as I kept challenging myself my range has grown a bit more. I like this please do more of these.

It's true! I kinda always say I'm going to post vocal covers then can't decide on songs I want to do. This was a total spur of the moment thing and that's probably why song choice isn't my best. Paramore is just something I knew the lyrics to and could record this really fast. I want to do another song now, though. lol. But I have to brush up on some Japanese lyrics first.

Right, with time your voice will grow and stretch. It's just practice. I'm just really out of practice too. lol. Not to make excuses because my voice is still loads better than it was in my early recordings when I was like 21 and 90% of my vocals were 'barking'. 

You have inspired me to do a vocal cover now... but of what i am unsure. LOL. We should both do this for fun. I really hope you continue something like this.

You should definitely do it! I love your voice. <3 I remember you doing a, I think it was a Nightmare cover, before and it was awesome.

I'd love to do more covers and if you're doing them too that'd be a fun motivator in and of itself. 

Lol Nightmare.... Yeah Yomi's voice is a little too strong for my voice. Actually that cover may have been the band recording that one time we tried to audition for battle of the bands at Anime Expo... the other song was Velvet by Alice Nine I think. idk where those went. 

Sometimes I wish i had a dude voice so I could have a better range... ;___;

I will look forward to your next cover... I was trying to think of suggesting something, but all the bands we have in common are pretty screamy so idk how comfortable you are with tackling something like that. 

Oh yeah, I remember that A9 cover too. That was probably it. I just didn't remember why you recorded them, only that I enjoyed them. :3

My problem is a have a dude voice and want to sing girly things. lol. 

I'll definitely be doing a MUCC cover. Probably 最終列車 or 約束. My range is pretty close to Tatsuro's. I used to do a lot of screaming back in the day, but I dropped it because it was legit shredding my singing voice and I could only progress one way or the other. I still do a lot of growling or yelling... but not full on br00tal screaming anymore. XD 

Guest lynchisizer

wow, I can't say anything else except that your vocals are great *o*

wow, I can't say anything else except that your vocals are great *o*

You're too kind. I'm happy you liked it. Thank you for inspiring this thread! XD

You have a nice voice and some raw talent, pretty notable despite the audio quality 8D Looking forward to hear more!

Thanks so much! That means a lot coming from a karaoke contest winner. And the fact that you can sing everything from Gackt to TK. That's impressive!! 

I'm new to this part of the forum so thanks for the warm welcome as well. I'll look farward to more of your covers too. :D

..... kelly... Will you do a duo cover with me... like... a collab... like... can we do byakuya by monolith.... or some other duo vocalist band.... (i just really like that song)

You know I will! XDD I will download that song this weekend and learn it. But I have no good recording equipment right now so I'm not sure how to we can make it sound decent? :/ I'll msg you on facebook about it.

as for recording. what mic are you using? I'm not really a master at mixing anything but if you're able to record with like your headphones in..... so I can get it like a Capella sounding... then I can layer it over the song after I try to remove vocals with out butchering it.... and maybe get the levels to all match up okay....

There is no external mic. It's the mic that came with the computer, which is a webcam mic setup. I can however try recording it with headphones and see how that goes. The mic isn't great, but if I can record at a time with little background noise it should be okay, I think. When I left my last band, I left all my equipment. It was supposed to just be temp until they found a new singer... but then they broke up and somehow my stuff mysteriously never made it back to me and no one knew where it went??? e_e; And since I haven't done anything serious since I didn't bother reinvesting in anything. Maybe for Christmas I should look into a half decent mic again. Just out of curiousity, you said you have a good mic, right? Can I ask what set up you're using?

My mic isn't anything AMAZING, but it's good for home recordings like vocal covers and what not. I bought it off someone else for $50 they said they got it for about $100. But it's a Blue Yeti. I'll take a few pictures of it for you so you know what to look for.It's a USB mic and It works pretty great for me, and I can change the levels on it depending on the size and density of a room. Plus you can use it with a variety of recording programs and plug headphones directly through the mic so you can hear yourself and the music at the same time very clearly and adjust the levels while recording so you're not recording the music track with your vocals.

Oh yes. That'd be great if you could send me some pics. <3 That sounds great and fairly affordable considering.

I'm so ignorant about home recording/studio stuff. I know stage and rehearsal gear.. well did. At the rate technology advances I'm sure I'm way behind now. 

That style of music really suits your voice :D

Keep posting more!

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate the encouragement.

And more are definitely in the works! X3

Guest lynchisizer

nope I'm not too kind, I just tell you the truth :3 no problem xD still can't wai tot hear more from your amazing voice :)

Sign in to follow this