nullmoon

nullmoon's Bass Covers

Maybe your sound would flow a bit better if you try it with finger(-slap). I play Dir en grey with fingers usually and it works well on the old songs too :)

BTW Love your covers dude

Maybe your sound would flow a bit better if you try it with finger(-slap). I play Dir en grey with fingers usually and it works well on the old songs too :)

BTW Love your covers dude

Definitely. I'm having trouble learning how to slap and using fingers across different strings. Do you have any tips? :) Awesome, do you have a channel?

Thanks man, much appreciated!

Until I have anything to record with, sadly not :(

Do you have a teacher or sth? Fingerslap basically comes from practice. Get safe with your fingerwork first. Place your thump at the edge of the pickup and the rest of the hand above the strings. Try to play very smoothly with your first 2 fingers on the E-string without getting the sound to interrupt. Enhance the force of your fingers the safer you get.

For playing across different strings, start with 2 strings. Keep your thump loose or on hold below the E-string (depending on your use of the E-string). The most important thing is rhythm! With pick it's not that important, but you HAVE to be on point playing (especially slapping) with fingers. If you feel the rhythm, it's all good ;) That's what bass players are for.

It's hard to tell you slapping in a message. If you fingerslap, you hit straight down to the corpus. Not above or across it. Same with thumpslapping. Pull up your thump, turn your wrist to hit the string, keep your hand stiff. BAM! :D Don't bounce your thump on the string or sth. Straight to the corpus. But one after anoter ;)

Sry if it took long, I found it hard to explain in another language ^^

Until I have anything to record with, sadly not :(

Do you have a teacher or sth? Fingerslap basically comes from practice. Get safe with your fingerwork first. Place your thump at the edge of the pickup and the rest of the hand above the strings. Try to play very smoothly with your first 2 fingers on the E-string without getting the sound to interrupt. Enhance the force of your fingers the safer you get.

For playing across different strings, start with 2 strings. Keep your thump loose or on hold below the E-string (depending on your use of the E-string). The most important thing is rhythm! With pick it's not that important, but you HAVE to be on point playing (especially slapping) with fingers. If you feel the rhythm, it's all good ;) That's what bass players are for.

It's hard to tell you slapping in a message. If you fingerslap, you hit straight down to the corpus. Not above or across it. Same with thumpslapping. Pull up your thump, turn your wrist to hit the string, keep your hand stiff. BAM! :D Don't bounce your thump on the string or sth. Straight to the corpus. But one after anoter ;)

Sry if it took long, I found it hard to explain in another language ^^

I just use my phone to be fair, you don't need anything special :)

Thanks for the advice! If English isn't your first language, then kudos to you because that was a solid explanation! I'm self-taught so I have no one to guide me haha! I definitely need to work on my finger technique in that case as it's pretty non-existent at the moment. Once I have that down I'll work up to slapping :)

Just got around to watching some of these. I see you've been working on your alternate picking! It's sounding great. Even your down picking is sounding a lot smoother. Keep going! :D

Just got around to watching some of these. I see you've been working on your alternate picking! It's sounding great. Even your down picking is sounding a lot smoother. Keep going! :D

Aww thanks, that means a lot! I remember you mentioning alternate picking to me AGES ago and I've been working to improve it :)

It definitely shows. Sorry it took me so long to follow up with you. Have you been writing any of your own material? I'm curious what kind of songs you'd compose. :3

It definitely shows. Sorry it took me so long to follow up with you. Have you been writing any of your own material? I'm curious what kind of songs you'd compose. :3

Great! Thank you! Haha no problem :) Unfortunately not but it's definitely on the cards (I generally focus on covering stuff by ear). I need to find some suitable backing tracks really but I have no idea where to find them :(

Backing tracks? Like drum tracks? There's the free drum machine that's fun to play with. It's hard to freely transition into different parts, but you can at least start building them there until you would get real equipment if that's what you're looking to do. 

Backing tracks? Like drum tracks? There's the free drum machine that's fun to play with. It's hard to freely transition into different parts, but you can at least start building them there until you would get real equipment if that's what you're looking to do.

Oh wow thanks! I'll make sure to check it out :) hopefully i'll have something put together soon. Watch this space! XD

If you get used to that, you should be able to transition to a real drum machine no problem (aside from the stupid expensive costs because music is the most expensive love affair on the planet. *cries*) so I'll look forward to it! 

Also I would have just liked your post, but I'm out of likes atm.

Pretty amazing work there bro ! I really like your sound. I'll be posting some bass covers too so hope you'll like it. I subscribed to your YouTube btw !

Pretty amazing work there bro ! I really like your sound. I'll be posting some bass covers too so hope you'll like it. I subscribed to your YouTube btw !

Awesome, thank you very much! And thanks for subscribing too!

Sounds great, let me know when your videos are live and I'll be happy to check them out :)