Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

7 hours ago, Original Saku said:

if I'm gonna buy a new PS4 I would just get the best one... also The rumor mill is saying that supposedly at TGS behind close doors they're doing FFXV demos on the pro and it looks and runs amazing supposedly... I might have to buy a pro just to play FFXV in it's best form XD

Lol damn I still have to get a 4k TV on top of that too

4 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Lol damn I still have to get a 4k TV on top of that too

eh I don't care about 4K especially the shitty pseudo 4k that this console is gonna be doing, if I want to do do UHD I'll just buy a 4K monitor (they've gotten pretty cheap nowadays) and do real 4K gaming on my PC. The up scaling and HDR stuff looks really promising though. but yeah 1080p 60fps on the Pro sounds like the way to go unless you want a gimped 4K res running at only 30fps...

This is SO HYPE lol

WOW NEW PRICE YEN WOW WOW LINEUP NOW

Japanese rappers literally rapping about upcoming PS4 games. Including FFXV, Persona 5, TLG, Gravity Daze 2, World of FF, and Yakuza 6

If this doesn't convince Japanese gamers to buy a PS4, nothing will =p

~

Speaking of Yakuza 6...

Although I feel like I'm the only fan of Yakuza around here...

New details about Yakuza 6

(early plot spoilers, don't click if you don't want to know. don't even read the URL)

This series is so crazy. I love it.

Also, they are giving Kiryu a smartphone for texting/social media/selfies (lol). He's using the latest XPERIA (though it's not the android UI). I will be tickled every time I see that phone because I literally just bought the exact same phone in the same colour. (actually, not sure if it's X/XA/XP/XZ/XC but they all kinda look the same)

006.png 

008.png

Kiryu looks old. And yes, that is the janky Xperia camera interface.

Anyway, getting super tempted to get this as soon as I'm done with FFXV (it's out Dec 8, holy hell those 2 weeks are packed). Ain't waiting years for localization like a scrub. 

Edited by peffy

delays ahoy!

South Park has been delayed to "Q1 2017" ..

welp, that frees up time for FFXV.

edit:

More Yakuza hype!

These gifs LOOK incredible, I hope the final product looks like this.

yakuzagspej.gif

GranularPointedKookaburra.gif

Edited by peffy

Sorry to spam with Yakuza 6 posts (not actually sorry)

but...

SpryHopefulEthiopianwolf.gif

Also in the game:

DIVE AND SHOOT FISH

BATTLE WITH SHARKS

BABYSIT A BABY

RUN YOUR OWN GANG

PLAY UKELELE IN FRONT OF A CROWD

HANG OUT WITH DRINKING BUDDIES

GET SWOLE

PLAY CLASSIC SEGA GAMES

BASEBALL SIMULATION GAME

MANAGE A GODDAMN CAT CAFE  <-- day 1 confirmed

this is clearly the greatest game series ever i don't understand why it is not selling 50 million copies

Turns out that Dragon Ball Fusions (a Dragon Ball Z RPG game (similar to Xenoverse) on the 3DS) will have a US & EU release!!!!!

[INTERNAL SCREAMING]

Shit looks tight as fuck, I might need to go ahead and play Yakuza 5 since I've been putting it off for so long, oh and also isn't 0 supposed to be coming here next year?

18 hours ago, Original Saku said:

Shit looks tight as fuck, I might need to go ahead and play Yakuza 5 since I've been putting it off for so long, oh and also isn't 0 supposed to be coming here next year?

yes yes yes and yes. There is a reason I can and will ramble on endlessly about this series. Yakuza 0 is easily the most *fun* game I've played on PS4, and it's also a great starting point because it's a prequel. Western release date: Jan 24, 2017. 

side note:

I was CRINGING at the guy's pronunciation in that video, lol. Not that I blame him, it's just super jarring when I've heard the words/names in actual Japanese so much.

yaKOOza (a very common mistake, but it's pretty much the accepted English pronunciation I guess)

kamuROE-choe

kaZOOma KIR-yu

If anyone has too much money and needs a thing to spend it on, Street Fighter II soundtrack box set available for pre-order from Bravewave.

pre_order_template.png

Brave Wave (Europe):

http://bigwax.fr/en/brave-wave/gs-001?mc_cid=332fac068a&mc_eid=0b2835b138

Mondo (US):

https://mondotees.com/products/street-fighter-ii-the-definitive-soundtrack?mc_cid=332fac068a&mc_eid=0b2835b138

14 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

DWNO_12-21-15_001.jpg

Digimon World: Next Order is getting a PS4 / PSVita release in the US. I'm super stoked, because the original game is one of my top 10 favorite games ever (like, somewhere in spots 3~1 for me). 

There goes my money lol

Edit: Nvm fuck this game lol.

This is going to be based exactly on that difficult rage inducing game from the nineties.

I still have nightmares about the amount of shits my digimon kept making, and always being fucking hungry! Jesus.

In other news, take a look at the grpahical comparison between PS4 and Vita gameplay for World of Final Fantasy.

dk7zzabevn6rb4q9v2xh.gif

Edited by YuyoDrift

If anyone wants Final Fantasy VI, VII, X and Chrono Trigger/Cross, Secret of Mana, and Kingdom Hearts music on vinyl, pre-orders are up for symphonic recordings by the London Symphony Orchestra & Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra.

SFT-FS_Bundle_Vinyl_44d5bcd2-5da5-487a-8

Final Symphony 3XLP ($45 + ships):

https://www.lacedrecords.com/collections/final-symphony-symphonic-fantasies-tokyo/products/final-symphony-deluxe-triple-vinyl

Symphonic Fantasies 3XLP ($45 + ships):

https://www.lacedrecords.com/collections/final-symphony-symphonic-fantasies-tokyo/products/symphonic-fantasies-tokyo-deluxe-triple-vinyl

Bundle ($80 + ships):
https://www.lacedrecords.com/collections/final-symphony-symphonic-fantasies-tokyo/products/final-symphony-symphonic-fantasies-tokyo-deluxe-triple-vinyl-bundle-edition

Dammit Yuyo I was trying to steer clear from any more FFXV media until release and you just had to post this XD

but damn was that trailer hype, even though it had zero instances of actual gameplay it definitely has me interested in what the hell is going on with the story.

3 hours ago, Original Saku said:

Dammit Yuyo I was trying to steer clear from any more FFXV media until release and you just had to post this XD

but damn was that trailer hype, even though it had zero instances of actual gameplay it definitely has me interested in what the hell is going on with the story.

It's just an alternate run of what would happen if Noctis would travel by himself. The Omen the king saw before sending him out on the road with his three friends. It's basically what you have to avoid happening in the game itself or something like that.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind there being an option to actually play the whole game just with Noctis after you finish it a first time or something. Would be interesting.

Edited by Kaye

^ Came here to post the same thing, lol. Actually really enjoyed that and even checked out other Clueless Gamer segments. The comment "the more Conan hates on it, the more I want it" makes it even better. x'D