CAT5

R.I.P. plug.dj

I don't think it did.

Because looking at the DJ history there, it looks like there was a little session a few hours ago at the time. Must have been when the chat had so many people. Maybe?

^ We plugged for a bit yesterday night (it was a pretty small-scale one tho xD).

DD: MISSED IT!! lol, I know it's only one and I was busy but, it's the only party I like attending, haha. Thanks for telling us Jig, hope you all had a great time.

Excited for this. :3 I'll pop in when I can because I know I'm going to be a stress head since college is starting again tomorrow and work still isn't done. x'D Ban me from MH and plug for a while lol.

Do the songs have to include female vocals only or is a mix of male/female vocals in a song okay too (so long as the female vocals are at least as prominent as the male ones)?

Do the songs have to include female vocals only or is a mix of male/female vocals in a song okay too (so long as the female vocals are at least as prominent as the male ones)?

We did have a theme with mixed gender vocals, if I remember correctly. That'd mean that's a different theme. I guess if the female singer is the more vocal one, that's totally cool. CAT5'll get back to this some time in case I'm mistaken.

I want to join but ugh the time differences

I live at GMT +7 so what time is it here?

I'm so not good with time, but it starts at 8PM over here. Looking at this converter, it looks like that's 1AM where you are. Can you make it? And, can anyone who can tell the time just correct me if I'm wrong please? >< I AM mistaken, ignore me please. xD

Edited by benibana

We did have a theme with mixed gender vocals, if I remember correctly. That'd mean that's a different theme. I guess if the female singer is the more vocal one, that's totally cool. CAT5'll get back to this some time in case I'm mistaken.

Ah, I see. No worries :)

Starting time is 3am in GMT+7 if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the plug session is 3am your time.

It's pretty lax. I do think we're looking for predominant female vocals but it's for fun so just do the best you can come up with. I don't think anyone will complain if a male part in the song pops up here and there. 

I might be a bit late to the plug session today. Going out to lunch with my parents then we're stopping at walmart to get a few things. I WILL NOT MISS IT THO SO DON'T WORRY IF I DON'T SHOW UP ON TIME. <3

Couldn't make it back in time to join in again so I apologise for that. I hope everyone had a great time! And thanks to Piisu for the status!!

This had been brought up in the plug session and suggested by @Original Saku. For those who are interested in this and for those who aren't, just post in here whether or not you're up for this theme. The theme will be (Saku!! Please correct me if this is put wrongly), 90s sound. After this, because of popular demand, we will have another female vocals theme the following Sunday if the 90s music one is wanted by the majority who come to plug.

I look forward to responses and more plug sessions with you all! And guys, seriously, if any of you have any theme suggestions for the Sundays, just speak out here!

Edit because I have the memory of a goldfish. A thousand thanks to Pho3nyx for the correction. This is not a strength of mine. xD

Edited by benibana

Couldn't make it back in time to join in again so I apologise for that. I hope everyone had a great time! And thanks to Piisu for the status!!

This had been brought up in the plug session and suggested by @Original Saku. For those who are interested in this and for those who aren't, just post in here whether or not you're up for this theme. The theme will be (Saku!! Please correct me if this is put wrongly), 80s sound. After this, because of popular demand, we will have another female vocals theme the following Sunday if the 80s one is wanted by the majority who come to plug.

I look forward to responses and more plug sessions with you all! And guys, seriously, if any of you have any theme suggestions for the Sundays, just speak out here!

Perhaps I brainfarted while reading the chat (not unlikely, knowing me) but I'm pretty sure that it was 90s music that both yourself and Saku considered as the possible theme? Then again, maybe you guys carried on discussing it while I was away or something, in which case I apologise for wasting your time with this post :P

Perhaps I brainfarted while reading the chat (not unlikely, knowing me) but I'm pretty sure that it was 90s music that both yourself and Saku considered as the possible theme? Then again, maybe you guys carried on discussing it while I was away or something, in which case I apologise for wasting your time with this post :P

I KNEW I'd make a mistake. xD Edit that now, thank you. I got so confused thinking back on which one it was lol, 80s or 90s ( please don't hurt me Saku, I have a crap memory D: ). Hell no, you just aided us all, and very quickly, on a dumb mistake I saw coming haha. 

90s sounds rad. :) So does 80s, tbh.

I've also been meaning to throw around the idea of another theme in here... how do people feel about a "covers" theme? As in nothing by the original artist (even though I know there are self-covers around but that seems a bit confusing xD).

90s sounds rad. :) So does 80s, tbh.

I've also been meaning to throw around the idea of another theme in here... how do people feel about a "covers" theme? As in nothing by the original artist (even though I know there are self-covers around but that seems a bit confusing xD).

OH YES. I've got a particular singer in mine for this I'd spam, *winks at perez.* xD Thank you for coming up and saying one ender. Am happy you have! This one is another to think about guys!

I'm all up for this one too, both 80s and 90s. And if everyone likes the idea of the 80s too, then sure thing! Sounds like it could even be a timeline event, haha. 

I could dig a covers theme. I also think I recall seeing it mentioned in one of the previous plug chats (though perhaps that was you, ender). Personally I'd rather have that on the Sunday following the 90s plug rather than doing another female vocals theme so soon (besides, covers can still have female vocals ;)).

I could dig a covers theme. I also think I recall seeing it mentioned in one of the previous plug chats (though perhaps that was you, ender). Personally I'd rather have that on the Sunday following the 90s plug rather than doing another female vocals theme so soon (besides, covers can still have female vocals ;)).

Sure thing, that'd probably make many users happy with your thinking too, about moving the female vocals (2) to a later Sunday. Everyone agree? I'll go brainstorm a couple ideas myself and then, maybe, we could mix it up and put some more possible themes in the middle of this so that the female vocals theme can be later on.

I'll stop lurking here now. xD Off to bed! WIll come back tomorrow with something too, hopefully. Thank you both for the help and feedback and to any others who also post in advance.

I don't know if it's been said, but we could do a VK only night, too. I also agree with having 2-3 weeks before doing female only again. It could get a little monotonous while we're still new to having set themes. And I think it's good to have the free for all nights in between the themes so people who might not have had anything they knew to play the week before get a change to step back in.

I don't know if it's been said, but we could do a VK only night, too. I also agree with having 2-3 weeks before doing female only again. It could get a little monotonous while we're still new to having set themes. And I think it's good to have the free for all nights in between the themes so people who might not have had anything they knew to play the week before get a change to step back in.

Absolutely. In my personal opinion it would be better to keep the themed plugs for Sundays and let the impromptu mid-week plugs be themeless.