CAT5

R.I.P. plug.dj

You can use this site to automate exporting playlists: http://pye.sq10.net/ it takes a while depending on how many playlists you have. I'm honestly not really surprised this is happening, just like Turntable nobody from Plug knew how to run a business. Even on their deathbed they're continuing to talk about ideas to put more features behind paywalls, sigh. 

So I move to Korea and can't regularly make plug sessions anymore, and then Plug crashes and burns within a month? I think we all learned a valuable lesson here, be glad I'm still active on MH ;)

On a serious note, this is a shame. I found a ridiculous amount of good music through Plug. Hopefully a good alternative surfaces sometime.

let's all downgrade back to mumuplayer :^) (does that site even still exist? it was a hot barely running mess last time i checked..)

You can use this site to automate exporting playlists: http://pye.sq10.net/ it takes a while depending on how many playlists you have. I'm honestly not really surprised this is happening, just like Turntable nobody from Plug knew how to run a business. Even on their deathbed they're continuing to talk about ideas to put more features behind paywalls, sigh. 

lol, this site crashed on me

Sooooo... pluggin' tonight, according to schedule, an hour from now? :3I'd really need it. XD

Since this might potentially be one of our last plug sessions, I will try to make it. No idea if i'll be able to stick around today, though. We'll see.

$1/month Silver subscription:
  • Unlimited playlists
  • Import playlists and favorites from YouTube and SoundCloud
  • Host up to 10 communities
  • Fund the development of new plug.dj features, including mobile!
  • Most importantly, help keep plug.dj up and running
$2.99/month Gold subscription (previous subscription):
  • All of the perks that come with a Silver subscription
  • Unlimited access to ALL current and future Subscriber Avatars and Badges
  • An exclusive subscriber chat icon and name color
  • No level restrictions on any Avatar
  • Send Plug Points as gifts
  • Post images in chat
  • No advertisements in chat

For users that cannot subscribe or donate, you can still use the site as a guest or with a restricted account.

Non-subscriber accounts can still DJ and use the site normally, but can only access 1 playlist and be the host of 1 community. Once Silver subscriptions are turned on today, whatever your current active playlist is, that will be your 1 playlist. You will be able to access the rest of your playlists once you become a Silver or Gold subscriber. Your old playlists will not be deleted should you decide to subscribe at a later date. (Note: Existing users that have more than 1 community will remain Hosts of their communities but cannot add new staff; only new users will be limited to host 1 community as a non-subscriber.)

For donators, both new and old, every dollar donated grants you one month of plug.dj Silver time to your account (e.g. if you donate $12 you’ll have 12 months of Silver subscription status added to your account).

We know this is a big change for everyone, but the alternative is that plug.dj will shut down,which nobody wants.

It’s super important we reach our funding goal so that we can continue to run plug.dj and build new features we’ve been dying to work on. Our goal is to get as close to 30% as we can by September 28th. Please help keep our community going by donating and getting a Silver or Gold subscription today!

...what a fucking joke.

I got blocked on twitter for calling them out on their shit, LIFE GOAL!

Good. they know it won't work...and im surely hell aren't paying for it.. lmao

Someone who claims to be an intern for plug.dj started messaging me on Twitter, claiming all sorts of stuff after I called them sell-outs. He's mega pushy and annoying and won't stop tweeting to me. He also says that they don't block anyone, lol.

Since plug will most likely no longer be around after three more days, who are free and up for a session tonight, and tomorrow as usual? 

Let's also discuss and pick our final (probably, right?) plug theme.

In 2012, we set out to make a product for music fans that we knew people would love to connect through. Since its birth, plug.dj has grown into a community of millions that have been on the forefront of musical discovery, with 20,000 new users trying out the service every day. We can’t begin to explain how much fun we’ve had on this adventure with everyone. We’ve made new friends with a worldwide audience, we’ve been introduced to genres we didn’t even know existed, and we’ve wooted more songs than we can count, but sadly it’s time to say goodbye.

Unfortunately, we didn’t get enough support through our subscribers to keep the site running month to month. We’re truly thankful for the donations we received that helped keep the site up until now. If it wasn’t for you, the site would have shut down 3 weeks ago. For the people who are currently subscribed, all active subscriptions will be cancelled today. At 3PM PDT we’ll be shutting our doors.

Thanks again for plugging in. It was a wild party!

Love,

The plug.dj Team

http://blog.plug.dj/2015/09/its-time-to-say-goodbye/