CAT5

R.I.P. plug.dj

I think it's a given that a drag theme would extend to things outside of Japan. To clarify that "preferably play Japanese music rule", that's more of a rule of thumb. I think most of the regulars enjoy music from all over, but we also shouldn't lose the focus of the forum and community.

I also agree with herpes' idea about expanding the theme to lgbtq

^ Hope to see you next time ! ;;

Is anyone up for another theme this coming Sunday?

I was thinking about theme like "forgotten bands.."because  have many japanese bands that no one know or maybe already hear talk about. 

I was checking the old list (sorry I haven't been updating it, btw)

And it seems like we got it mostly covered with the exception of 

Lounge/bossa nova

post rock/shoegaze

youtubers 

Any of these sounding interesting? I wouldn't mind a post rock/shoegaze session.

I was checking the old list (sorry I haven't been updating it, btw)

And it seems like we got it mostly covered with the exception of 

post rock/shoegaze

Any of these sounding interesting? I wouldn't mind a post rock/shoegaze session.

I am pretty down with this! But does this mean we can throw in math-rock too?

I miss plugging with you and pho btw .__.

For post rock we might have to adjust the general video length cap, though... 

I'm sorry I've been MIA for the last couple of weeks. I miss you guys too. ;; <3

Sooo... plug.dj seems to be in a little bit of trouble? Did anyone else get this in their email?

Hi ender-ender, this is not an easy email to write, but it's a very important one. Here's why...

The greatest music experience ever is at risk!

It has come to the point that the costs of running plug.dj exceeds the income that we are generating, and that could prove disastrous to the future of plug.dj if we don’t make some important changes very soon.

We have already scaled back our operating costs to the bare minimum in the hope that we can keep our servers online, the music pumping and your music communities connected.

We are dedicated to doing everything that we possibly can to keep plug.dj alive! But we can’t do it alone. We also need YOUR help!

If just 6% of the people who use plug.dj each month donated just $6 today, or if 10% donated $1 each, we’d hit our goal needed to operate for the next 6+ months, build an Android app and pursue other fundraising opportunities. Without your help, we cannot continue to build the community we’ve all grown to love.

I guess the subscriber option isn't as popular as they had hoped... 

so, plug is basically dead. 

We've reached the end of our funding and need your donations in order to keep plug.dj running. We need to reach 30% of our overall goal by September 28th or we will unfortunately have to shut down. Please donate now!

they're at 6%.

better get on there and make a list on youtube of all those cool songs you discovered on plug.dj...

i'm kinda upset honestly, because i worked hard to maintain my playlists... all 53 of them :(

Edited by chewi

WELLL that sucks...they shouldn't of made that stupid ass subscribe shit like turntable did should of left everything alone

BUT NO they did this shit too their self's  and now they are paying for it. 

and they probably wont make it :/ 

establishing a subscription model was not a bad idea. it's just that they ran out of their funding from investors and clearly aren't making enough revenue from the site to keep it running.